cannonball jeep

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

cannonball jeep

Post by civicsr2cool »

went to the truck-stop about a week ago, saw this jeep that was extremely huge and had pretty good amount of cones/signs. but it was 10 bucks and i only had 5. went back yesterday:
has oversized tires that are offset really wide with aggressive sticky tread.
chassis looks very well, wire antenna, tabbed motor, diffrent geears than regular bits, spring suspension and a decent gp 110mah cell!
fav part!
lol and was made in china lol

compared to a kart clone i got, it totally pwns all bits stock!
hella wider too.

best clone ive boughten to date. only thing wrong with it is the speed and power, cant go on carpet and you have to push it on the hard floors, the gearing is way too high but has really fast top speed. i plan on dual celling it to see where it can go since it sets really high. a definate good buy! go try and find one they are huge!
[]D [] []V[] []D
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That looks like it has some potential. I've have had not had the best of luck with Cannonballs, but they were always good for parts, and that one has some cool parts, particularly the tires.

Sounds like they're still way over geared. It has trouble going because of that 10-tooth pinion, even the cars were like that, I'm sure the taller offroad tires haven't helped.

Funny you say huge. Kinda of a oxymoron, a huge micro. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

yeah i think the gears will do fine...for a diffrent car. the teeth on the pinion is crazy, gonna have to see how it acts on a 6 tooth.
and an oxymoron or not, this thing puts reg bits to shame.
[]D [] []V[] []D
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Looks cool... I really dig those tires and wheels. Did they have any more?
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

hue35 wrote:Looks cool... I really dig those tires and wheels. Did they have any more?
just one more
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

ahh yes. dropped in the zipzap red motor and bam got instant power, enough to go on carpet and enough to top out at nearly 1 million mph.
its seriously overgeared that much.

i tried taking it into some dirt but i guess itl need dual motors for that :sad: gonna have to chop up the motor bay to get the 6 tooth to fit as well.

its still the best and fastest clone ive ever driven stock besides upgrading the motor :grin: .
[]D [] []V[] []D
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

didnt hogjwlz have one of those?
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Post by kvik369 »

Modells in NY and NJ used to sell those
K.I.S.S.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Didn't it come a with a light blue endbell motor that looks like a Perfection 3.8? If so, try that motor with a 6 tooth pinion. I've had 4 of those motors and they all had killer torque and decent speed.

Before you go through all the hassle of dual motor, try just simply FET modding it first. I find that gives me more power than I even need.

In both these videos, both cars are FET modded and set up with those Cannonball motors, and Zip Zap 12:1 gears.
Baja Trippin'

Baja Trippin' II: Desert Rat
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

it came with a brown ended motor :???: id rather dual motor and dual cell. dunno y i just like pure horepower from screamin electric motors :?

also has ne1 ever fit a lipo in a bit? looks like with a little dremeling itd fit a lil crooked but fit. :-? it is a kokam 145 if that matters?
[]D [] []V[] []D
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Why, yes I have. With this purple SS motor, and fets, 3:1 gearing, this car is nuts. A little hard to control though. This has been extremely modded. It even has metal bearings on the rear axle.

It fits OK, but if you haven't bought any yet, I would recomend the Kokam 135mah. The one in the picture is a Kokam 145mah. It barely fits and I wish it fit better. I like to try and get the weight lower.

Also, the on-off switch is a must. Without it, your Li-Poly will die. I put mine on the bottum.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

yeah i dont want it to be that high. there is no reall room under this shell to have the board stick up that high. although it would be hella fast :-D

i dont really want anything under my zips wheelbase with too much power. gets a lil screwy. i will dual cell and dual motor it when i get to it :-? which will be in aproximately, forever.

and on a side note, that ride must literally fly. i cant see it not just bumping a piece of dust and rolling and rolling :?

edit: also hachi that is lion charger u got there. u charge your lipos with it? :shock:
[]D [] []V[] []D
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

holy fuckballs! hachi posted pics! :eek: :lol:
i used to be cool
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

civicsr2cool wrote:yeah i dont want it to be that high. there is no reall room under this shell to have the board stick up that high. although it would be hella fast :-D

i dont really want anything under my zips wheelbase with too much power. gets a lil screwy. i will dual cell and dual motor it when i get to it :-? which will be in aproximately, forever.

and on a side note, that ride must literally fly. i cant see it not just bumping a piece of dust and rolling and rolling :?

edit: also hachi that is lion charger u got there. u charge your lipos with it? :shock:
Yes, I charge the lipols with that. You must get a charger that is made to charge that specific type of lipol or you could start a fire. Reed on it before you purchase.

Also, if you're gonna put this in a zip instead of a bit, then it will fit prfectly. It only needs a tiny bit extra room to lay flat, which the zips have. You'll have to cut off the extra attachments the board come with though. I still have plans for a zip and this set up. I just have too many other plans too.

This is easily the fastest bit I have. It's nuts. I would like to get some video and post it, but my digital camera can't get anything but a blur
when I try filming it. I'll wait until I buy a regular digital video camera.

I always try to post pics betty. ?
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i wuz just yankin' your chain about the test gallery a while back :-)
i used to be cool