Revived F-150, CLEAR!!! (MAXXA)[pics update: 27/09/06]

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Well it's ben a long time since I've dabbled in anything ZZMT. But after my little surge in bits, I've been trying to revive this ZZMT. Since I've unveiled it, it's never had a working PCB. Well I stumbled upon a PCB in the bag of parts it came with and I remembered seeing it there the first time but never knew the frequency. So I never installed it. I recently learnt to tell the freq by the colour of the antenna it's 49. I have a MS controller that's 49. Will it drive the ZZMT?
Nice pics!

Hold the phone on your repairs!

Before you dig into the battery, try putting batts in a known-to-be-working bit TX of the same frequency and see if it works (the bit tx will work, just forward and reverse will be switched). I just had the same problem with a 27mhz ZZMT, and I completely replaced the pcb, only to have the same problem. I would turn on the MT tx, and the green light would come on. I'd put the truck on there and it would charge. I even used a multimeter to make sure the pcb was getting power. Turned out that my problem was the ZZMT tx itself. I had some batteries in it (like normal), and when I took the tx apart, there was a bunch of corrosion in there. I took apart another 49mhz to try swapping the crystal, and I noticed a fair amount of the same corrosion in there as well, though it still worked. So check out the tx situation first.

On the ZZMT pcb, if you look around, there's also a little checkbox that indicates the frequency as well.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i know i'm supposed to be grooving on the mt but i love the little "fairyland" garden you got there!
i used to be cool
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Thanks for the advice Superfly, I'll see what I can do this weekend.
betty.k wrote:i know i'm supposed to be grooving on the mt but i love the little "fairyland" garden you got there!

I had to take a separate photo, when you don't focus properly those damned wings clutter up the shot :?

Maxx
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

:lol:

but really, i'd love to turn a garden into a micro forrest! :-o
i used to be cool
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

betty.k wrote::lol:

but really, i'd love to turn a garden into a micro forrest! :-o
Mr. Miagi?

Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

I'm actually thinking of doing a micro landscape to drive on. Not like the fake train scenery that we normally see. A living breathing crawling course. I'm just toying with the idea for now, but I want a waterfall :grin:
I've actually began lurking on Bonsai forums, but that stuff takes years man :?

Maxx
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

when I took the tx apart, there was a bunch of corrosion in there.
Yeah, what's up with that? My newest controller that had batteries in it for a month or 2, had that same problem a couple weeks ago. Corrosion, and lots of it. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Ok well I checked the Tx and as I suspected, there was no corrosion. I don't think this TX ever had batts in it. It's brand new. I can't even remember where I got it from, maye from my brother :???: he used to run 49 if I'm not mistaken.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of sticking an SE bat in there to see if that'll work. I hate coming so close to find a road block.

Maxx

EDIT: I'm having a little trouble with the charging situation.

1. Do I wire the batts up in series with the "charging" battry pod, or do I wire in parallel?

2. With the wireing correct, do I turn the car on to charge it? (I'm running direct to the battery not through a Tx)

3. I bridged the terminals on the PCB where the current is input, I'm using a ZZSE cell now and I'm getting power going to the board. Is it because the batts are dead and need charging that I'm not getting motion from the truck?

4. How can I rig one of my ZZSE chargers to charge my truck. Which terminals do I bridge with my plug in order to make it to charge? The +ve and -ve terminals offer very littl volts, how do I increase them.

I'm using a wired motor to test for voltage, the difference in speed (sound) tells me what I need to know.
PUBE JOOLZ
bitGangsta'

Post by PUBE JOOLZ »

Hey dude i can't stop staring at those pictures! It looks solid.

I love the submerged picture.

:-o
Heeehah!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

he he, thanks, but those pics were taken last year :lol:.
The update pics are on page 2 :-)