Baja Buggy

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Baja Buggy

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Well thanks to some guys here on Bitpimps they found this eBay Auction and on it was this cool looking Dune Buggy made by a real cool guy in Germany! I bought the body after some cost and got it in.

First it would not fit on any of my Chassis because it was to narrow so I had to mod a chassis to make it fit. Then the motor on the back it came with would not work and it all fell apart so I made a motor and pipes to fit the Baja look! I still have to get all the lights working and touch up some places but I think all together it looks pretty cool!

I have been trying to get the guy from Germany to join Bitpimps he has told me he would so I am still looking for him to join. :-o

My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Son of a bitch.
That thing kicks all kinds of asses.

I think your homeboy might have joined, just has never posted.
But damn, you gotta guide him through it because if this is any indication of what he's flossin', we're in for a treat!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Sweet manx!!! That body metal or plastic?

I just checked my stash and Hotwheels makes a diecast Meyers Manx that has a bit wheelbase. Would just need the interior tub flattened (like that one has) and some longer side panels (like that one uses nerf bars for)

What all did you make your motor out of? (by the way, your pulley belt should go with the small one just right of vertical)

Anyway, that is VERY nice, and I'm drooling all over that baby! Damn I want one of those. And since it's on a Bit chassis, it's look perfect next to the ZZ's Type 1 since the Manx used a shortened pan.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

:eek: cowabunga dude!! :-o
i used to be cool
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

That thing does several types and breeds of Puppy :eek: SWEET!!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cool! A Dune buggy! I love those! :-D

Mine would have the paisley'ed shower curtain top, with the little oval window in the back. Hey, remember that cartoon Speed Buggy? That's one my favorites. Rooma zoom zoom.

Umm yeah, anyways, nice score. Those wheels work perfect with body.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

betty.k wrote::eek: cowabunga dude!! :-o
Ditto !
Looks like a ride 4 Da Big Kahuna :smile:
Mine would have the paisley'ed shower curtain top, with the little oval window in the back. Hey, remember that cartoon Speed Buggy? That's one my favorites. Rooma zoom zoom.

I have an HO Scale just like that in the attic 8-)
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

Looks sweet dude!

I must admit, I was a bit dubious on the auction - the pics were blurry as all hell, but that thing looks heaps good!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

45tr0 wrote:Looks sweet dude!

I must admit, I was a bit dubious on the auction - the pics were blurry as all hell, but that thing looks heaps good!

Ya I was a bit worried untill it came in like I said it took some to get it where it would fit a chassis I had but with some modding it went well. Also the motor just fell apart in the back so I just slapped one together I think I will try and put a better motor together one that is more realistic!

Oh and the body is all plastic no metal here! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

crazydave wrote:Hey, remember that cartoon Speed Buggy? That's one my favorites. Rooma zoom zoom.
Yeah... wow... haven't thought about that since then. What was the live-action one... where the dune buggy was all shitty, then it would turn into a full-on disco superhero?

SWG, that thing is awesome. You're on fire, yo.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

This is the one I remember:

It was on in the same time bracket as Grape Ape and Hong Kong Phooey. A little-known fact is Speed Buggy's voice was done by Mel Blanc

You're thinking of "Wonderbug," another in a long line of Sid and Marty Kroft masterpieces.

Unrelated, but let's not forget about Chaka.

hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

SuperFly wrote:You're thinking of "Wonderbug," another in a long line of Sid and Marty Kroft masterpieces.

YYYYYYESSS!!!! I loved that show.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Hehe, after looking at the picture of Wonderbug and SWG's buggy, all it needs is some white pipe cleaners or white playdoh rolled into snakes to make those bumpers that move like lips. God, I can even remember the chorlty, disjointed way Wonderbug talked. :rockon:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, Wonderbug. That's better than Speed Buggy. :-o

My dad used to watch that every Saturday morning, so I'd watched it with him. :lol:

Man, now that I think about it, it's no wonder why I like dune buggies, and cars so much, they were portrayed to me as super heroes when I was 3-5 years old. :???:

Oh yeah and Superfly, don't forget the horn. They were helpless without the magic horn. ;)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"