Weekend track car

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Weekend track car

Post by SuperFly »

Alright, I'm spamming cuz it's my birthday, but in case you missed it in the contest thread I'm flossin' it up here. Plus a bonus picture. :cool:

Weekend track car RX-7. Been wrenching on this in the garage on the evenings and weekends. It's stripped down and ready for the track, but it's still street-legal so I don't have to trailer it there. Got some blingin wheels imported from Germany, a little custom bodywork, slammed to the ground and done up in Pontiac engine blue with a rally stripe, sporting lucky number 7. Boyd's enamel and clearcoat, decals from this joint. Oh, and I tried a little trick where I masked the taillights clear while painting, and then painted the appropriate circles within the taillights transparent red and transparent amber. Then masked everything but the taillights and that little strip that goes between them and hit that with the same transparent black I use for window tinting. Looks pretty slick, kinda like the real thing.

stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Easaly my favorite car I have seen from you. Man, this car is such a nice one, I like the simplicity of it, and the stripes add a real nice touch.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Yea, this is my favorite RX7 from you for sure.
You've got a love affair with RX7's it seems. But this one turned out superb, so clean and purdy.

Happy birfday old man!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah happy birthday, supe. If this is what you do on your birthday (floss rides) then you should have a birthday more often. (I'm guessing you would not agree :lol: )

So that tranparent black you tint windows with, that a custom mix, or you buy it?

And you used Enamel, I had assumed this was one of your nail polish colors. :lol:

Oh yeah, how did you like those decals? I used Radical Decals on my prostocker, and some of them I thought the printing was little rough, but overall quality was good. I just ordered a bunch of the 1/72nd scale decals the other day.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Like I said before that ride is just plain sweet! I am just goo goo over that color what is the name of it? Also how did you get the panel lines to look so smooth instead of sharp? Did you clear coat the car after putting on the panel lines?

Great work man! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Attention 2 Detail has always been one of your strong suits and it shows
in this Pimp'n Azz Ride! Nice Work!

H A P P Y....B I R T H D A Y....P I M P ! ! ! !

How young is yo azz anyways ? :lol:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Happy birfday, biatch! :-o

God damn, I like the hell outta that car.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Happy Birthday Superfly!!!!!!! I gotta say thats the cleanest RX-7 i,ve seen in a while!!!!!! Keep it up Superfly :-o :-o :-o
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Thanks guys.

Lol, for my birthday I'm playing hooky from work, sitting in my underwear, drinking coffee, listening to music and chilling on bitPimps. Gonna go on a muddy mountain bike ride here soon.

SWG, the color is a Boyd's enamel called Pontiac Engine Blue. I think it's supposed to be like this:

but it's not that saturated of a tealy blue, it's more like a silver that leans bluish-green.

The order that I do things is putty, primer, paint, details, decals, panel lines, clearcoat. For the panel lines, it's mostly thinner with one drop of black paint and one drop of the color of the car. Load up a brush with the wash and just stick the tip of the brush at the end or the intersection of a panel line(s) and capillary action will suck it down the channel. You have to help it out a little, but it allows the natural contours of the car keep the line looking nice and even. The trick is to be subtle and really thin it out a lot and go easy on the black. You're just trying to get it a noticable shade darker than the body paint. You'll notice I didn't get the leading edge of the hood. If you look at the RX-7, you'll see that that particular panel line is a mess, and I didn't want to create a bigger mess trying to fix it. I had already sanded off that fucking license plate holder and cut real vents into the front spoiler as well as a styrene/putty modification of the lower part. Trying to hand-draw that particualr panel line would have had the possibility of ruining a bunch of hours of otherwise perfect painting, so I didn't risk it.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I work such fucked up hours, that I thought you put this up yesterday, but the date says no.. WTF. I've seen it.

Guess it was when I got off or something...

Awesome car supe. That motherfucker looks real.

Great job man.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

DarkTari wrote:Attention 2 Detail has always been one of your strong suits and it shows
in this Pimp'n Azz Ride! Nice Work!

H A P P Y....B I R T H D A Y....P I M P ! ! ! !

How young is yo azz anyways ? :lol:
I can still say I'm in my 30's. :-D :cool:
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Damn nice work as always Super.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:So that tranparent black you tint windows with, that a custom mix, or you buy it?.
It's one of those small size rattle cans, Testor's Model Master Transparent Black. I squirt some out of the can into one of my airbrush paint jars and airbrush it. It is kind of tricky to work with because it's not like any other paint. You can clean it up with rubbing alcohol, though.