Painted the Stang

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Painted the Stang

Post by skylinekid »

Well I'm kinda strapped on cash now and i really wanted to upgrade my new Evolution Xmod. First I put a new Kyosho X-speed motor I had laying around. Then I was driving around alot, and eventually i ended up beating the shit out of the paint. Time for a paint job :-o I went and look at what paints i had and i had red, orange, 1/2 a bottle gold, green, and abit of black. Well i decided to custom mix a color :-D I took an empty jar and mixed approximatly 1/2 bottle green, 1/4 bottle gold, and 1/4 bottle black. I like the colour i got in the end, I put the last coat of paint on her last night and this morning after I ate I decided to put her back together!!! Still no clear coat but i just had to show her off, anyway enough talk, here are the pics, please tell me what you think :-)

Enjoy :)
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Well how do you like that? Nice fuckin final color there skylinekid. I think it even closely resembles a factory color they are releasing those bad boys in. Props kid :-o
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Thanks Finks, I was trying to aim for a near factory look!! 8-)
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Skylinekid good stuff man...

Never really pictured a stang in a darkish green color like that pretty different mix but it works. You pulled it off sweet.

Just to add, when you guys paint these bad boys wouldn't you rather spray em? The brush look is great too but do you find it too heavy on the body on such a small scale? Or is it just me.

(I'm debating on whether to spray my bodies like I do with bigger scales or try a brush look kinda like your stang skylinekid)

Good job overall.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Looks like a great masking and paint job. Keep up the good work. :-o
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

yes sir. That color is hella nice for that model. It does look close to the factory color. More importantly, jesus... how did you tear that thing up on a X-Speed motor??

-JNY
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Sorta like this color eh? This one is a bit brighter but I'm guessin that he went for something like that :???: Anyways, good job on the paint, you just gotta fix that back light.

:EDIT: Or possibly this color...

arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

DAMN, that colour is sooo hot! + it's a custom colour, good job SLK.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Thanks alot Guys, I really appriciate it :-) When I was painting it I didn't have a certain color in mind, i wanted something to do with green and still look like a stock color :-o I'm clearcoting tonight so I will have finnished pics up tommorow :-D

JNY - She Flies with the X-Speed, It was a direct fit and its faster than my MR-01 with an X-Speed!!!!!!

MafiaS - I painted it with an air brush, not rattle can or brush, I would highly recomend an air brush or rattle can, brush painting is hard to get smooth on these scales!!!!
arch2b
bitThug

Post by arch2b »

looks nice. very surprised no one has done the white/blue 350 color scheme yet. ot the silver 'elenor' scheme....
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Surprise
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

arch2b wrote:looks nice. very surprised no one has done the white/blue 350 color scheme yet. ot the silver 'elenor' scheme....
Hiroto's Eleanor is from a movie isn't it? I think the real one that SHelby made was the white w/ blue stripe 350.
arch2b
bitThug

Post by arch2b »

the 'elenor' from gone in 60 seconds....
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

Eleanor's paint job is Pepper Grey with black stripes. Hirotos is using blue looking paint for the stripes.

Lets see someone do the Roneale with the '06 now!