'32 Ford Coupe- WIP Completed!

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
45tr0
bitNinja

'32 Ford Coupe- WIP Completed!

Post by 45tr0 »

Hey all!
I was procrastinating today and avoiding study, and thought I would get a start on one of my projects for the year end blowout. I got inspired on this one a while ago, and had all the shit i needed, just been too busy studying.

Just a rough mockup so far - needs decent wheels, paint, the ass end needs to come down a whole bunch, as well as figuring out assembly for the radiator and blower up front. The electrics are in the works, I had to go with a bit PCB, because the stock one will never fit. The bit one tucks nicely up into the roof. I'm also gonna attempt a FET mod... be afraid.

I don't usually like tipping my hand, but since there is already a whole bunch of aces on the table I figured a sneak at my pair of threes can't hurt. Plus since I've been so inactive I really should make one worthwhile post every now and then.

Lemme know what you think!

Last edited by 45tr0 on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Man that thing is going to look sweet!! :-o

I have some questions is it die-cast? And where did you get the chassis I like the wheels on it :???:

I have a 32 body but it is plastic and it has a closed front end I have been planning on modding it but busy with other projects. Mine has the front end on it but the open motor would look cool do you plan to hollow out the motor and fit it on the front?

If you don't mind I would like to watch this one and get some pointers. :-)

Keep up the great work man I can't wait to see it as a blow out entery!
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Awesome man.... That thing looks mean already.

I'd say that shell is diecast.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

Yeah, the body is a very thin diecast. It weighs about the same as a normal ZZ body. I wish I'd been able to find one in plastic.
The chassis is from an excalibur mini - Chrome hooked up a whole bunch of pimps with them from Tuesday Morning a while back. Bit slow in stock form, but comes already dual celled and was the perfect length for this project.

I'm still unsure about the front end. I'm tossing up between some putty work to build a front end, or sticking the top 1/3 of the motor on top of the steering lid and painting it silver. The second option is appealing to me more for some reason.

I'm shortening the front end of the steering box a touch, to allow the front wheels to sit right up front like the real thing. I also found a more authentic looking radiator i'm going to use.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I wonder if that chassis would fit those Hot Rod bodies some of us got in the group buy. I haven't seen anyone find a chassis for that shell yet.

Looks promising 45tr0, keep us updated.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

Update!

I spent a little while today sorting out the rear end. I went with an orange ZZMT motor (not shown) to help shift the extra weight of that diecast shell. Still not hugely fast, (gearing issues) but torque enough to pull a tractor. Had to cut a LOT of plastic to fit the motor under the shell and still have it sit low and mean.

Next step, installing the PCB, then on to front end and paint!

Oh, btw - Anyone got any ideas of how to keep the shell on? I didn't think that part through so good. :???:
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I don't know how heavy the stuff is, but that tack crap ph2t's always got a booger of might work out.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Velcro. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

God damn that's trick as all hell!!!!

I love how the body lines flow into the chassis lines and it makes it look like you Z-ed the frame. The ZZ-M motor tucked out back looks like a cross between a roll pan and a fuel cell.

Though the radiator shell looks more '34 than '32, what's up with that? I'm not denying it could be a Deuce, but not with that chrome one... Oh and I'm gonna throw in a vote for give it an exposed engine, unless you give it fenders so it's not a High-boy anymore.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Oh man! That is just mean! OK, enough exclamation points. Dude, great work. I really can't wait to see that finished.

My only question/comment is the wheels you are using? are they staying on and will they be white, or are you going to paint/replace them?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

Frizzen - You were right dude, my bad. it IS a 34. Not using that grill though, its a bit tacky looking. I'm searching for a new one now.

Finks - The wheels will be replaced. Imma hit up some stores this week and find some replacements. I May end up using these on the front because of their smaller diameter/width, but that remains to be seen.

I'm going for exposed engine on this one - what was the name of the oven cleaner you pimps use to strip chrome from plastic?
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I'm going for exposed engine on this one - what was the name of the oven cleaner you pimps use to strip chrome from plastic?
"Easy-OFF" oven cleaner. Use in a well-vented area and use gloves if you touch it, it is caustic but it won’t melt the plastic just remove the chrome. Oh and wash real good before you paint the part it sometimes leaves a residue.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

thanks SWG - i don't think they sell that brand down here, but it gives me a point in the right direction. I might have to break out some old toys and do some testing before i get stuck into this one.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Wow dude, that is great!!
Looks like you're making an awesome ride there.
Are ya still gonna do the FET mod?
Keep us posted.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

So it took forever, but i finally got motivated and finished this sucker! Just haven't posted 'cos i've been a slack bastage.

First off - some pics!

Some things changed along the way - I removed the idler gear and went for a direct drive from motor to axle. Gives it a lot more speed, with the sacrifice of some acceleration.

This wouldn't be the case if i had FET'ed it - but my 20w soldering iron just wasn't up to the job of the fet mod. Neither were my skills, come to mention it. So this puppy is running a stock board. I may change it in the future, but for now I'm happy with the performance.

The wheels came from a maisto z/28 diecast. I was gonna go with some decals, but once i'd shot the paint, i realised i liked it the way it was, smooth and clutter-free.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"