First Modded TVR?

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
yakboy
bitPlaya'

First Modded TVR?

Post by yakboy »

Well guys...Not got around to reviewing the Bonzermat pro yet, not 'cos I'm a lazy arse but because I've been working on this....

Started out with one of the 2 TVR bodies that are in the Bonzer racing TVR set as so......

Took off the rear spoiler and tab lowered the body. Junked the wheels in favor of some rims from Hot Wheels Accelerators (The hard plastic tyres needed to be removed carefully from the rims and the rims were then narrowed...a right git of a job the took about 1 hour a wheel but it was worth it).
Real TVR's have front projector headlights so I couldn't resist putting in 4 LED lights to complete the look. The multiple rear lights were drilled out to emphasise them and painted on the inside of the body.
I originally wanted to use mirage colour change spray for the body but couldn't find it in the UK so settled for a pearlescent purple instead which I think suits the lines well
Well I hoped you like that and I hope my pimping is improving (still a way to go before I reach the dizzy heights of you pro's out there)
Last edited by yakboy on Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Looks great. Like the wheels.

I have a couple of those accerators layin' around for part too, I was going to use the wheels also. :grin:
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

nice work man!

BIG improvement on what was already a cool shell. The lights look sweet too!
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Vary nice man I have a few of those bodies coming nice to see that they are moddable! (that a word) :???:

I like what you did with the lights vary nice mod oh and the removal of the wing was a wise choice!

Good job man! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Ditto, looks good. I'm always a sucker for lights when they're done good.
Nice choice killing off the spoiler.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

CRAZY! I'm likin that to an extreme...Where did you get the shell in the first place? Besides the bonzer site, there has to be something around cheaper?

Good work man lovin the color choice fo sho...
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

MafiaS wrote: Besides the bonzer site, there has to be something around cheaper?
There is but I'm not tellin'. :razz:

Nope, thats the only place you can get one. :lol:
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

lol...you tease...

Sweet bod.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Nice Work Yak! Looks like that body can easily take a full wheel mod :???:
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Post by yakboy »

Brought home my dental camera with ring LED's , so I've updated the TVR shots...Hope you like
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Nice job Yak. Cool to see a "street" version of that ride. The headlights I must say are off the hook. Couldn't even tell they were in till I saw the pic w/ the lights on. So why isn't that in the year end contest???? :???:
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Post by yakboy »

Finks wrote:Nice job Yak. Cool to see a "street" version of that ride. The headlights I must say are off the hook. Couldn't even tell they were in till I saw the pic w/ the lights on. So why isn't that in the year end contest???? :???:
Well I never considered entering it, when you see the work of other pimps my work looks a little shoddy
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

yakboy wrote:Well I never considered entering it, when you see the work of other pimps my work looks a little shoddy
Don't go by that, have a little more faith in yourself holmes. :-)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Yeah no shit. I am tired of telling some of you newer pimps to have faith in your work and see what happens. Jeese, and like I said, this rear there is the "random prize" Like Clint would say "Do it!" (ok wrong movie, same actor that he looks like 8-) )
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Post by yakboy »

Cheers Guy's I'll give it a go, it's "elementary" don't you know. (Although the other S Holmes never said that in the books....not surprisingly I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan...& I have even worked with a Dr Watson..... :grin: Yes really....although I'm a Dr not a Mr now)