Foose Influenced Civic

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Foose Influenced Civic

Post by crazydave »

I never set out to do a copy of the tuner Civic, Foose did for Overhaulin'. I actually didn't care for that car.

So a couple weeks later, I stick some Zip Zap springs in the front suspension of this Panther Chariot that I had shown done up in a Zip Zap Skyline body. When I put the springs in, the front end sagged, causing the tires to rub on the body. I shaved and shaved at the body, until I cracked it. So I ditched it. Then I was looking for a body that would work. I ended up with my old gold Civic, hadn't been used in years. Needed a wing. Didn't want to have to fill the deck and have to repaint it, it was one of my first flame jobs. When out of nowhere, I remember how Foose had cut part of the trunk lid from one Civic, and bent a curve into it before attaching it to the car he was working on. Giving kind of a spoiler effect. So next thing you know I'm chopping the trunk off one car and glueing it to mine.

Shortly after loosing interest. Then the next day, they showed the same episode. I saw how close I was, and set out to build an exact copy. I had seen the exact wheels I needed on an Import Racer die-cast several times, but I could not find them when I needed them. So I kinda lost interest again. Then 2 weeks later, they showed the same damn episode again. This time I got the picture of the car imbedded in my head. I ended up reworking the rear bumper making it a near exact copy. When i lost interest again. I had to just get it done, so I finally got back on it. I was heading off to get some purple paint, when I said screw it, I don't want an exact copy, I hated that car. So I saved me some money, and used the blue paint that I already had. The paint job is really similar, but I ditched the ugly tri-stripe, and carbon hood, for a nice clean black stripe.

So I finally got it together, and here it is.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The mods are so subtle, you'd have to see the original car to realize what I've done. It just looks right. I wish I could take credit for that, but I think its just a credit for how Foose works with a car, without being too overbearing.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

That looks real nice man, superb work. Looks a helluva lot better thant the original ZZ Civics. I realy dig that paint job too.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I like that joint Cavey! Not too big a fan of Civics, though I've seen quite
a few max'd out around here that catches my eye! Great Stripe!
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Nice work man I like the paint job and the pipes look real pro! I like the stance of that car real low and mean makes me want to work on my civic again... :???:

Fine work as always! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

Nice Work CD!

That back deck is clean as, and the stripe is crisp and seriously hot.
Kick ass job.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Yea that paint job is dope. Totally digging the strip and how the colors on the body are broken up by it.
Nice job mang.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks guys. :-)

Here's a link to the original. (Its going really slow today)
http://www.overhaulin.com/gallery29.aspx?season=3
You can see my car doesn't really look the same at all, but I did borrow a lot of aspects from it.

I might have to shoot new pics. That hair hanging off the trunk is starting to irk me. :???:
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

crazydave wrote:I might have to shoot new pics. That hair hanging off the trunk is starting to irk me. :???:
:lol: Damn Gil Grissom, I didn't even notice that till you pointed it out.
You got a body stuffed in there or did ya run over a pedestrian or what's the deal there? lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

CaboWabo wrote:
crazydave wrote:I might have to shoot new pics. That hair hanging off the trunk is starting to irk me. :???:
You got a body stuffed in there or did ya run over a pedestrian or what's the deal there? lol
I think the latter :lol:

That website is Da Shiat! I see what you mean now (Compared 2 Pimp My Ride) I see they throw on the 20's too :-o
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Nice, cd... man, I never thought I'd say somethin' like this, but, that Honda looks sweet.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Definatly a nice job dave. :-o
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i'm digging it :-)
i used to be cool
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Nice work CD! Im digging the whole ride :-)
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

CD, ownage... Good Job!!!

-JNY
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:
Judging by how fine it is, and the light color, I'm blaming it on a little grey tabby I call Nermal. My wife tried to name it Downy, but I trained it to respond to Nermal when she wasn't around. Annoying little uninvited house guest is what she is. :lol:

Nice, cd... man, I never thought I'd say somethin' like this, but, that Honda looks sweet.
That's pretty much the response I was expecting. :???:

Thanks for the compliments guys, even though it is just a Civic, and a Zip Zap one at that. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery