Formula car

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Formula car

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Now presenting, from "The Dirty Bird Workshop", Hachi-Ryoku's very own formula race car. We call this one "Pimp in a hurry"!

1. Lipoly batt (kokam 140 mah)
2. fetts
3. SS blue motor (30,000rpm)
4. K.I.T. gears; 3:1 teal (high speed)
5. back wheels are slot car solongies (foam tires with black silicon/extremely sticky)
6. front wheels are pull-back wheels
7. brass antenna (just felt like it)
8. streched chassis
9. body is a HO gauge shell (very light)
10. custom paint job
11. custom decals
12. on/off switch
13. mini plug/connection system for easier/more reliable charging
14. 35mhz booster PCB

I think that about covers it. The whole car is extremely light. Definately the fastest car I've made.

I am going to do my best to get video footage of this thing. I have to. To not show you all first hand how fast this thing is would be a crime. I can't even attempt to run it around my kitchen boosted. So far I haven't had a place to get enough space for it. That's ok though. I'm gonna take it to the clinic I work at and try my digital camera out. It may not work out well, but it's worth a shot. The large patient waiting area after hours is prime racing terrain.

Will enter in the comp as soon as I get video.

And yes, the other two clear bodies in the picture bellow are in the works.

Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Holy shit that thing must be fast, it looks like it weighs less then a dual celled ZZ, + 1/3 the power! The problem i always have with making my ZZ's faster, is that they turn to one side, not sure if i would have the same problem with a bit.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I had just happened to see those as you were uploading I guess.
I knew I hadn't seen a post with that thing yet. I was starting to wonder if I had missed something. lol

That thing is slick as poo dude.
Dig the custom tab you made on the body to secure it the chassis.
Totally a creative ride - nice job. :-o
So yea, get on that video, I gotta see this puppy whiz.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Very cool, dude. This is where I've been wanting to go. A few weeks ago, I ran my fastest, best handling dual-celled bit on our mini-Z track and it was nuts... I was able to get some really good laps out of it. So, I've been wanting to build a super Bit for the RCP track that's a step or two up from the dual cell I was runnin'... like FETs and the lipos I just picked up from pimpsmurf. Now I just gotta figure out how to use those batteries without blowin' something up.

That lexan body is a perfect way to keep weight way down... good thinkin'.

I quickly found a few places that seem to have a good selection of lexan bodies via google, but none I've ordered from before... do you have a good online source for those?

This is a super inspiring ride, man... good work. :-o
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Wow! Great job. I'm waiting on the video!

-JNY
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

dude there is no way u can go straight with that thing :-D i have about 3/4 of what u have and i cannot control it at all. and u have a lexan body, that alone should sent it into mad donuts.
were have u gotten that body? i have been asking my lhs to orders some, they just tell me next week theyl be here :?
and i have never saw foam silicon tires, look custom :???:

and what is the 358 for? is this how fast u expect it to go? :lol:
[]D [] []V[] []D
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Dude that's sick. That must be damn fast. Kinda similar to my prostocker in set up, I'm running a Orange SS motor with the red KITT gears, FETs and 4.8v, but yours is whole lot lighter with the Lexan and LiPos. How many volts is that LiPo putting out? And where are you getting those lexan bodies, I haven't really been able to find any place in the US that had them readily available, but I haven't looked in a while.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

That is totally the fuckin shit, dude. I'm eyein the 130 mah cell I have here, although its supposed to go in something else.

Inspiring work thar.

beanie
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

fark!! can't wait for the vid! :-)
i used to be cool
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

:shock: That has got to be one hell of car... I dont really understand how that will have ANY traction, at that speed.. WE WANT THE VID lol
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

You got skillz :cool: :-o :-o
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Now that is just Friggen cool dude! I would like to know where you got the bodies as I am always looking for new stuff and those Corvette bodies are sick!

I like the decal work did you apply them to the inside then paint over them or are they on the outside? I like the personal added touch fine work man!
:) :cool:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Hella Job Hachi ! I would swear your professional occupation is Jet Piloting :lol:
civicsr2cool wrote:dude there is no way u can go straight with that thing :-D i have about 3/4 of what u have and i cannot control it at all. and u have a lexan body, that alone should sent it into mad donuts.
were have u gotten that body? i have been asking my lhs to orders some, they just tell me next week theyl be here :?

Civic: (Clean) Tyres baby, that's the key !
5. back wheels are slot car solongies (foam tires with black silicon/extremely sticky)
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

DAMN :eek: :eek: :eek:

That looks so funkin' fast, I can wait to see a vid of it :-) , Great job Haci :-o
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

DarkTari wrote:Hella Job Hachi ! I would swear your professional occupation is Jet Piloting :lol:
civicsr2cool wrote:dude there is no way u can go straight with that thing :-D i have about 3/4 of what u have and i cannot control it at all. and u have a lexan body, that alone should sent it into mad donuts.

Civic: (Clean) Tyres baby, that's the key !

i know he has the foam/ silicons i have a pair of each, never saw both together though. itd be the perfect combo, foam light and silicon sticky.
[]D [] []V[] []D