Black Ram...

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
blindrider3
bitPlaya'

Black Ram...

Post by blindrider3 »

Great name for it right? Sure...

It's just a little project I'm doing, you can tell I'm not done because the windows aren't in lol. Here are a few pics to start with, these are probably the clearest pics I've ever taken.

Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

get it lower :o (ignore the angry face and look at the hand)
Good luck man, make sure you finish it :-o
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Nice work Blind I see more improvement! I too think you should try to lower the truck and some detail work on the bumpers and grill would be in order!

Fine Start! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
blindrider3
bitPlaya'

Post by blindrider3 »

What color would be nice for the grill? I know noob question. I have chrome paint, it's hand paint but it kinda looks like silver in a way. Should I clear coat the body when I'm done?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Clear-coat yes.
I'd say go for chrome/silver on the grill unless you got some other scheme in mind for the body.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Re: Black Ram...

Post by MotorGong »

blindrider3 wrote:Here are a few pics to start with, these are probably the clearest pics I've ever taken.
I don't know man, these pics I found of yours are pretty clear. :lol:

http://s9.invisionfree.com/MICRO_RC_CEN ... wtopic=153

:lol:

For real though, that looks like it's coming right along. :-o Do you find it's easier to take out the windows instead of masking them?
And boy those trucks sit high, huh? Definite lower job needed.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Check the chrome paint with the clear coat first. Sometimes chrome paint and clear coat don't mix. Just put some on something you can throw away and then apply the clear coat after the paint dries (of-course-right).

I've had two different chrome paints get ruined by the clear coat. The clear coat turned the chrome into a mucky grey both times. It was strange, but it was a trajedy because I didn't test it out first.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
blindrider3
bitPlaya'

Post by blindrider3 »

So, I paint the grill chrome, wait till it dries, then clear coat? I bougth soem clear coat today.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Paint all the details before you clear coat, Grill, lights, mirrors, etc....

then when you clear coat make sure you spray a light coat on first, then more of a coat then what the call a wet coat or larger amount it makes for a better more even finish. 8-)
My other hangout! R7R
blindrider3
bitPlaya'

Post by blindrider3 »

steelwoolghandi wrote:Paint all the details before you clear coat, Grill, lights, mirrors, etc....

then when you clear coat make sure you spray a light coat on first, then more of a coat then what the call a wet coat or larger amount it makes for a better more even finish. 8-)
So, paint the grill and details, then clear coat a thin coat, then do a regular coat?
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

blindrider3 wrote:
steelwoolghandi wrote:Paint all the details before you clear coat, Grill, lights, mirrors, etc....

So, paint the grill and details, then clear coat a thin coat, then do a regular coat?
Thiner coat first just light spray, next thin coat then a thicker coat last. that sould get ya! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
blindrider3
bitPlaya'

Post by blindrider3 »

Just hand painted the grill chrome, turned out okay. I just sprayed the truck down with a layer of clear coat, this is my first time ever using clear coat so hopefully it turns out good.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

some tips:

generally do the lighter colours first.

(if you used any) remove masking before detailing.

details are usually added after the main coat is completed.

decals go on around the detailing phase.

clearcoat is the last step. do a light coat first, allow to dry. the final clearcoat should be a heavy coat. but not so heavy that it's dripping, just slightly heavier than a regular coat. practice on something crappy.

those are just tips, not rules :-o
i used to be cool
blindrider3
bitPlaya'

Post by blindrider3 »

Okay, I'm trying to lower the truck, I cut slots above the stock slot on the body, but when I put the back tab in then try putting the front tab in the body it wont let me, like there's tension or something, what's the deal?
Jeep
bitThug

Post by Jeep »

Looking great so far. Good work.