SSMT Fun

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

SSMT Fun

Post by skylinekid »

Well I took my new SSMT out for a bit of fun and and easy way to say what happened is that the car is everything proof! It even survived water up to the bodys door bottom!!!!!! I have some clips that i will make into a video tommorow since I have no school and for now here are the 3 pics i took as a little teaser :-D

"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Man you got the ultimate playground near your house. :grin:

You might want to look into somewhat water proofing the electronics.

Nice pics! :-o
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

That may be the basher that me and my little buddy are looking for. Outside is getting a little rainy nowadays and he can't drive his Xmod :???: Great pics. I'm gunna read sommore int these things

Maxx
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Yeah, I got one of these about a week ago, and I've been loving it. I can't believe that I've paid 50% more on several occasions for bits. Hell, you get all that truck for less than the cost of a ZZSE. I also got the $9.99 climbing kit that gives you another set of wheels, different tires, softer suspension, a torquey motor and lower gear, in addition to a yellow Hummer body.

If you're into modding them, there's some good stuff from Dogbreath at Ripper's: http://ripper7racing.com/forums/index.p ... topic=4683

There's a tutorial on Mini-ZRacer.com about doing a long-screw shock mod (LSSM) which gives you over 4" of articulation. It's in Phredd's gallery, I'll find the link later.

The major things to keep in mind about this vehicle when comparing it to an Overland or a MZM is that it is 4x4 and $20.
Last edited by SuperFly on Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Thanks for the comments guys, A little rain won't even touch these, I had the electronics compleatly sumbmerged and it was moving, I even have the videos which I'll post tommorw :-)
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album231

Here's the link for the LSSM. As for the truck, you are right about almost being destructo-proof. I've driven mine alot of places, and that thing can haul, even thought it's a bit slow, but im sure you guys can come up with something for that. The only things I dislike are the smallish-white dogbones that the front wheels use. Other than tha, it is a really good truck for $30-ish.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:Yeah, I got one of these about a week ago, and I've been loving it. I can't believe that I've paid 50% more on several occasions for bits. Hell, you get all that truck for less than the cost of a ZZSE. I also got the $9.99 climbing kit that gives you another set of wheels, different tires, softer suspension, a torquey motor and lower gear, in addition to a yellow Hummer body.

If you're into modding them, there's some good stuff from Dogbreath at Ripper's: http://ripper7racing.com/forums/index.p ... topic=4683

There's a tutorial on Mini-ZRacer.com about doing a long-screw shock mod (LSSM) which gives you over 4" of articulation. It's in Phredd's gallery, I'll find the link later.

The major things to keep in mind about this vehicle when comparing it to an Overland or a MZM is that it is 4x4 and $20.
Thanks for the info Superfly... no really thanks, now I gotta get one. :roll:

I'm over here thinking, $20, hell that's cheap, how can I not get one? I'm getting one this weekend. (cha-ching). All that stuff for $9.99, how can I pass that up? (cha-ching) Hey wait what about batteries? Might as well save in the long run and get a set of rechargeable AAs. (cha-ching) Oh yeah, and taxes, damn forgot taxes. (cha-ching) Well I'm in for about $40+ Anything else I should know about? :lol:

EDIT: Does that off road motr add any speed or just torque? The way they're avertising the them, I think I may want the street kit for the faster motor, and I kinda dig the F-150 body more than the Hummer. I'll probably have to get both, can probably use one of these bodies on my Iwaver. :???:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... nce&s=toys

Sorry for wandering so far off topic SK.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:
SuperFly wrote:Yeah, I got one of these about a week ago, and I've been loving it. I can't believe that I've paid 50% more on several occasions for bits. Hell, you get all that truck for less than the cost of a ZZSE. I also got the $9.99 climbing kit that gives you another set of wheels, different tires, softer suspension, a torquey motor and lower gear, in addition to a yellow Hummer body.

Thanks for the info Superfly... no really thanks, now I gotta get one. :roll:

I'm over here thinking, $20, hell that's cheap, how can I not get one? I'm getting one this weekend. (cha-ching). All that stuff for $9.99, how can I pass that up? (cha-ching) Hey wait what about batteries? Might as well save in the long run and get a set of rechargeable AAs. (cha-ching) Oh yeah, and taxes, damn forgot taxes. (cha-ching) Well I'm in for about $40+ Anything else I should know about? :lol:

EDIT: Does that off road motr add any speed or just torque? The way they're avertising the them, I think I may want the street kit for the faster motor, and I kinda dig the F-150 body more than the Hummer. I'll probably have to get both, can probably use one of these bodies on my Iwaver. :???:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... nce&s=toys

Sorry for wandering so far off topic SK.

Wow, they ripped off the tread pattern of the Traxxas Revo. The "Sporttraxx Talons" Awesome tires for any terrain. :lol:

That's bitchin.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

crazydave wrote:

EDIT: Does that off road motr add any speed or just torque? The way they're avertising the them, I think I may want the street kit for the faster motor, and I kinda dig the F-150 body more than the Hummer.
The motor that comes with the ford is a bit faster, but definitely lacks in the torque department. I ended up sticking with the stock motor. This is with 4aa's btw, if you plan on using different/more batts it might improve things.

You are right about the body though, it's much nicer than the hummer.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

richh wrote:This is with 4aa's btw, if you plan on using different/more batts it might improve things.
That maybe a good idea, can anyone find out how many volts these things can take. Then again, that path may lead to breaking things :???: .

I wonder when I'm gunna hear the lipo talk with these.
"Hmmmm these cars are cool, but they need salt" :?

Maxx :grin:

EDIT:Different, actually= lipos
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Personally I choose the Hummer, well the wife did. I'm not a FORD fan, I would love a Dodge Ram or the Grave Digger's Panel Delivery Van Body.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

BilboBaggins wrote:Personally I choose the Hummer, well the wife did. I'm not a FORD fan, I would love a Dodge Ram or the Grave Digger's Panel Delivery Van Body.
you're in luck:

BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SuperFly wrote:you're in luck:

Where and how much.

Also will I have to make custom mounts?
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

BilboBaggins wrote: Where and how much.

Also will I have to make custom mounts?
Here's the thread where they are for sale:

http://ripper7racing.com/forums/index.p ... topic=4692

I would think you could get alternative mounts included for a price.