Can i join the ZZMT fun?

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Can i join the ZZMT fun?

Post by Tuner1989 »

Well i had 2 fresh zzmt's lying around this past week and alot of time on my hands. And after reading Clints tutorial i knew i had to try my hand at a crawler. A little bit later i came up with this little beut. I had a problem though i kept breaking the steering wires and the + battery wire so i took the metal leads off of the led's on one of my extra zz light kits and soldered them up to the contacts on the board and then i just soldered the proper wires to the proper metal leads and slipped some heatshrank around em em. This is way stronger than just having the wires soldered straight to the board and its held up great sofar.

Pics:

The next truck i wanted to go a diffrent route. Now ive heard about people and their 3 cell mods and how much better it makes the truck yada yada yada. So i said why not and boy does it make a diffrence! I was amazed at how fast this thing is with the 3rd cell and the orange motor/gear combo! This was me when i first floored it :eek: . I didnt really want to keep the stock chraging method and with how im addicted to these black deans i decided to go that route. Sanded down the plug to the batt's and glued it to the inside of the chassis on the left side. Then i wired one up to the board. Its a perfect fit inside the ram body and i like how i can take the pack out easily if i ever have to. I also thought something was missing and since the only chance i really get to drive my rc's is at night i wired some white led's from the zz headlight kit to the bottom of the chassis. I must say it looks so cool zipping by at night :-o And lastly i wired up some telephone wire i had laying around in place of the crappy wire antennae these things come with. And i must say i like the overall product.
Edit: flipped the wheels around too i like the look better and it doesnt flip near as much.

Pics:

The 2 of em together.............

Sorry for all the chatter im sure a lot of you have heard all of it already. Just thought id share my excitement.

A big thanks to everyone at BP & R7R for all the useful tut's and answers! :-)
Last edited by Tuner1989 on Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Can i join the ZZMT fun?
NO.. theres too many of 'em right now :-)
This is what happens when a good tut is posted... NOBODY can refuse.
Man.. I can't wait until tomorrow (Balck Friday) to get me a few of thses so i can join the party.. :-D

Thats nice work right there. :-o
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

nice work pimp! :cool:

if u think 3 cells is fast try lipo and when ur crazy enough go to 4 cells. :-o
[]D [] []V[] []D
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Like I said before, this mod is like crack right now. I think it makes the MT handle and climb so much better. Nice thinking on the deans plug and the steering wires. All in all, you did a great job on it....... :-o

Can't wait to finish my newest MT project....can't really say what it is, but I think everyone will approve..... :-)
MotorGong
bitNinja

Re: Can i join the ZZMT fun?

Post by MotorGong »

Tuner1989 wrote: Edit: flipped the wheels around too i like the look better and it doesnt flip near as much.
I know I missed something in some post somewhere about turning the wheels around. I see in pics that people are doing that, but wondered why.
Good deal, I'll have to try!
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual