Z/28 Roadster

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Z/28 Roadster

Post by crazydave »

So I had done this car to be auctioned off in the bitPimps auctions.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... itcam3.jpg

I really liked it, and hated to part with it, but I had every intention of building one for myself.

I finally got around to that this week. What I love the most about this car is that it was all just a pile a parts sorted into my drawers a couple days ago. The chassis is a Microspeed chassis, and its a good chassis, I probably just ditched it because the body tabs don't work with bit bodies without modification, but they're perfect for shortened Zip bodies. The motor has a purple endbell, and is more than likely Microspeed. The battery is a blue 80 mah NiCd, possibly Microspeed, but I believe Charg-N-Go. The whole front steering assembly lifted from a Charg-N-Go. The PCB appears to be Microsizer, I don't know, grabbed it at random. The wheels were the last 2 lonely 12:1s left over from gear sets. After mounting one set on the front I traded another car for a red gearset. I had a couple spare P-channel FETs, so its half FET modded. Altogether this pile of parts turned out to possibly be my best track car.

I really wanted to get the feel of a trans-am style race car, like the Camaro race car I been using in GT2. I borrowed the swoosh, and spatula type front spoiler from that car. Since I had to make it convertible, I didn't want to get too racey, and keep it in more of a sporty roadster theme. I think I pulled off the mix of influences well, I really like it.

Note: The roll cage does actually line up with everything, but the PCB is pushing up on everything... but I had to lower the body a little at least. :(
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

I am definately loving that mod CD. Sweet ass work man. Lovin American Cars all sported out. Sweet job on the convertible make up. Everytime I look at your work it makes me hyper and I go and try something on my own lol very influential man.

Nice job!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

That's cool man, nice job.
I bet it was hard to line up the "swoosh" on both sides - I really dig that paint scheme.
Roll bar is killer too.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Holy shit killer work CD! :-o
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Man that's the Baddest Bastard I've ever seen :eek:
Real nice work Cavey! This one is so much bad'r than the 1st :-o
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

I have nothing to say but :-o :-o

Simply Marvalous!!!!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

ooooo, can i lick it? :eek:
i used to be cool
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Nice to see some new cars from the Bit Veterans. Very cool ride, like Cabo said, must have been damn hard to get both sides lookin' like each other, that always kills me (with putty work) :-o
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Hells yeah, the vets are out in force. Good to see it. :-o :-o
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:That's cool man, nice job.
I bet it was hard to line up the "swoosh" on both sides - I really dig that paint scheme.
Roll bar is killer too.
Nah, its really not too hard for me. I just use body lines as reference. Notice the bottom front of the swoosh interesects right where the horzontal body line crosses with the door line? The top is just supposed to follow the curve if the wheel well, and then follow the top of the body line to the tail lights where the top and bottom become parrallel. I cheated, I originally drew the mask to go over the rear deck spoiler, and fatten up, but when cutting, I said screw it, and made it go straight to save some time. I kinda wish I tried the way I originally drew it, would have seem more balanced, but I think this looks faster, ya know?

betty.k wrote:ooooo, can i lick it?
Go ahead, its sour raspberry... No seriously, try it. ;) ;)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well i'll be! he's right! :eek:
i used to be cool
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Love it dude, great interior and the front end is 100% kick ass. :-o
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Agreed....love the theme! Nice as always CD..... :-o
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

That's the PIMPIN' way. :grin: looks fast, standing still.
always amazes me what you can do :-o :-o :-o
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Damn, that's the best looking "new" Camaro yet. It looks way better when you whack the roof off and shorten it a bit. Did you take the chunk out of the door?