Lancer (Flamed)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Lancer (Flamed)

Post by crazydave »

I don't know, this came out well enough, but when it came together it was just so typical of me, that it almost seems generic. :lol:

I have a few of these Lancer bodies from MS Speed Sets. I've already botched a couple, and did another I didn't like. When I sat to draw the graphics, I didn't know what I wanted. I doodled for an hour, and went in 5 different directions. It seems to me the Lancer doesn't really work well with too wild of graphics, and I was limited on colors also. So I said screw it, I'll just do some plain ol' flames again. Just to give it a little twist, and tone them down for this body, I made them kinda of a single lick going in almost like a band.

I think I got some good flow on these flames licks, and I think I should be happy, but, like I said, I don't know, its just kinda been there done that.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Re: Lancer (Flamed)

Post by clxfiles »

Still looking sweet... Clean as ever!
crazydave wrote:I don't know, this came out well enough, but when it came together it was just so typical of me, that it almost seems generic.
I wish I could say that!!! Awesome work man.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Noob: Are those wheels from a ZZkit? I like them. I may be doing a lancer soon too :-D

*return maxx* ^^ that was a serious question BTW. Rides look sweet as always CD, but it's not only the flames that are generic :???:. Catch my drift? :grin:

Maxx
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Noob: Are those wheels from a ZZkit? I like them. I may be doing a lancer soon too :-D

*return maxx* ^^ that was a serious question BTW. Rides look sweet as always CD, but it's not only the flames that are generic :???:. Catch my drift? :grin:

Maxx
They're from that last German group buy. I love these wheels, I really wish skipped the bodies and just bought wheels. :lol:

I'm not sure I'm catching your drift, but I'm guessing you mean the color? I got a big can of it, and it doesn't go very fast on bit bodies. I just felt like painting something and it was all I had around. I really don't think its right for this body, but oh well, I guess. :-?
crazydave's Gallery
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Generic or not, that ride is a hell of a nice job all around. :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Don't get me wrong, it all came out good, nothing went wrong... I guess "uninspired" would be a better way to put it.
crazydave's Gallery
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

it does look very inspiring to me :-o
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Sure, you definately *could* have tried harder. Though if you were a new person and did this, we'd probably like and accept you.

It's nice, even if you did just phone it in.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I think it looks great! I sure as hell cant say to much I have been sitting on my Fat Ass working and not doing a dang thing to finish up my projects!

Here is to CD who is taking the mundane and doing something about it! :drinkin: I'll drink to that!

Love the color I am a real blue kinda guy and that as Paris Hilton would say "Is Hot" 8-)
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

You know what I really wanted to do? I wanted get some of that Purple/Gold flip flop paint, and then do some shark tooth-like scallops in gold, so they'd kinda disappear at certain angles, but then I didn't feel like leaving to get paint, seemed better to save my money for other stuff, etc.

I guess, I just wanted to do something special for these wheels, and it ended up like all my other cars.

So not only is it not quite what I was picturing, but I debated if it was worth flossin'. I figured you guys that know me would be like, "Oh look, its Dave with a another Blue car, and more flames. (yawn)". :lol:

Funny, I guess, because at one time I would have been proud as hell of this car. Frustrating trying to outdo yourself, and its hard to be satisfied just doing that thing that you do, ya know?
crazydave's Gallery
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

crazydave wrote:You know what I really wanted to do? I wanted get some of that Purple/Gold flip flop paint, and then do some shark tooth-like scallops in gold, so they'd kinda disappear at certain angles, but then I didn't feel like leaving to get paint, seemed better to save my money for other stuff, etc.

I guess, I just wanted to do something special for these wheels, and it ended up like all my other cars.

So not only is it not quite what I was picturing, but I debated if it was worth flossin'. I figured you guys that know me would be like, "Oh look, its Dave with a another Blue car, and more flames. (yawn)". :lol:

Funny, I guess, because at one time I would have been proud as hell of this car. Frustrating trying to outdo yourself, and its hard to be satisfied just doing that thing that you do, ya know?
Heard that!!

I'm loving the idea of the flip-flop sceme. I know what you mean about feeling lazy. I have a 5 min bike ride to get some sand paper. Still haven't gotten it yet.

Don't get me wrong, that PJ is crazy. I was just saying that for "crazydave" it's just another walk in the park. It's time to take your "stock" lancer and pimp it. THAT's the challenge. Throw on some decals, another colour .....something. Get your creative juices flowing fresh for it again.

It's great how it is now, but the CD "great" bar is a little higher than most others.

Make it great man, I believe in you.

Maxx
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

It is hot ride CD, and I am sure that later down the road you will update it again. Although I always say stick with what works and this one works just fine!!! :-o :-o
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I think it's slammin....never disappointed with a custom CD paint job, and the rims are hot :-o
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

very nice dave, I admire your dedication to the scale.... :-o

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ph2t wrote:very nice dave, I admire your dedication to the scale.... :-o

ph2t.
I'm not sure if its dedication or disfunction, but I do likes me bits. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery