It's been a while

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

It's been a while

Post by stampede_dude »

It's been a while since I have been here, eh? Since I have been gone I bought a RC10T3 to race with with a novak 4300 BL system. Besides that I mostly got out of xmods except for a firebird I had before I sold it to Zenith a few days ago.

I went to the mall to pick some stuff up, and stopped by Radioshack to check and see if they had any returned shit. They had a hummer in, and I am like, "How much for it?" and he is like "Well, if we sell the parts off of it, we can get around 50-60 out of it, so $30" and they are on sale now for like 40? I bought the crystals off of it because the firebird needed them.

Today I come back and I get them to bring it out again, and I score it for $10? :lol: Someone had been hitting it a little too much...

Anyways, here is a picture of it after I assembled it and a gen1 that was in parts in my room. The hummer has the off road upgrade also.

Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

good score :-o
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Nice rig.....I hate to say this, but I picked up the same hummer, and am totally disappointed in every aspect. I hate the fact that RS can't seem to sell RC's that out of the box perform well. I noticed that the front of the truck dives every time I let off the throttle. The wheels wobble worse than any gen1 I've ever encountered. The diffs are absolutely terrible, and wear out very fast. I wish now that I saved my money for an OL.....
Sorry for the rant, but I'm feeling very stupid for buying it.
I like how you put the off road upgrade wheels on the gen 1 chassis, are you building an off road gen 1?
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

I'm liking the big wheels on the gen1 too, they give it a sort of baja bug look, a short street car with off-road abilities. The wheels rubbed very badly on the hummer so I took them off, and put them on the gen1, along with the battery holders too. I want to offroad it a little bit, and seeing as I got it for almost nothing because it was all in pieces, and you can't sell gen1's for nearly anything anyways, I decided to keep it as a beater. I usually sell the EVOs on ebay or such because I can make money off of them.

I know what you're saying on the evo, when you compress the front suspension the bump steer is godawful. The only thing I need is some crystals to test them, and I'll be set.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

HirotoR34 wrote:Nice rig.....I hate to say this, but I picked up the same hummer, and am totally disappointed in every aspect. I hate the fact that RS can't seem to sell RC's that out of the box perform well. I noticed that the front of the truck dives every time I let off the throttle. The wheels wobble worse than any gen1 I've ever encountered. The diffs are absolutely terrible, and wear out very fast. I wish now that I saved my money for an OL.....
Sorry for the rant, but I'm feeling very stupid for buying it.
I like how you put the off road upgrade wheels on the gen 1 chassis, are you building an off road gen 1?
I liked my Xmod hummer... at first. Then after a while the wheel wobble got on my nerves. I don't like how the front suspension causes bump steer. You're right, the diffs are horrible, notchy and stiff, probably part of the reason it turns so wide. And where the rear end articulates its developing slop.

I still enjoy it, but when I think of the cost after bearings, off road set, awd set, stage 2 motors set... I start to think I should have just saved my pennies for an Overland.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

just to ease your pains. Overlander is more expensive to start with
and you WILL need to get alloy for it to get to run good.
i had the overlander it was fun until i realized it doesn't like off road that much (RWD) and shit kept on breaking.
i plan to get alloy upgrades for my H2, it may turn into good thing then.
to clarify: $60 for starter kit + about $100 of alloy should make it good.
at the end Overlander should be more expensive ($100 more) :-)
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Or for $100, you could literally buy 10 SuperSlick 1:24 Monster Trucks and drive them till they break and open a new one. :-D
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

SuperFly wrote:Or for $100, you could literally buy 10 SuperSlick 1:24 Monster Trucks and drive them till they break and open a new one. :-D
or about 50 bits and mod them till your fingers bleed! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: