Birthday ride [MAXXA] - Sexy_rose

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Great work man! And the pics are fabulous as well. Hell of a way to paint up a bit after so long. I love the color combos as well. :-o
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Sweet car dude!
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

1st off,
H A P P Y ... B I R T H D A Y ! ! !

I've always admired your graffic skilz from way back so this is no surprize!
Supra's are not easy to lower! The A pillars narrow so the PCB cover hits them at anything but stock height in the front. The rear wheel wells just need a lil trimming to lower the rear.
Again a Pimp Azz job Dude :-o
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

SuperFly wrote:That's, how you say, off tha hook. Being a Supra afficianado, I have a good appreciation for what you've done here. Excellent color and style choices, and your hand-painted CF looks surprisingly great. You have steadier hands and more patience and guts than me.
Wow thanx. But I can't take all the credit you're giving me. When I said hand painted, I meant "non-decal". I actually did that with a rattle can. It's not as scale as it could be, but it looks damn nice to me.

The paint is Tamiya translucent red, with gold and Dark Bronze Metallic underneith. I love the wine look the DBM gave the red. I may do a whole shell in that one colour. It looks so classy 8).

Maxx
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

That hood is pure perfection, love it. Also, the over all 2 tone paint job is not only done w/ perfectly complementing colors, but the graphic merger is top fuckin notch. Great way to break back in man.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm surprised no one's mention what he's done to the front end, ro me that wa sthe most striking feature. Nice work Maxx. :-)

DarkTari wrote: Supra's are not easy to lower! The A pillars narrow so the PCB cover hits them at anything but stock height in the front.
I have to ditch the PCB cover on just about any body I lower... but I don't see a PCB in there, that thing gonna drive Maxx? :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Nope, the only things in there are:
Battery
Steering magnet
Steering coils

No way this thing can run. I had an ambitious idea to put my DC modded SE PCB in there, but no way it would fit. I DO have one single 49MHz speed set. I may do a remake of my lancer I did so long ago and employ the skill I have now that I didn't have back then.

Or I may just leave it clear :lol:

Maxx
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Again, that color combo is perfect, the CF hood, is amazing, how exactly was that done? Sprayed over a screen? Anyways, very clean look car, and happy birthday!
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Thats one sweet ride , Not allways been a fan of supra bit bodies , They look pretty squished up. Allthough this one is set of perfectly , Great work !

@ Arfin , A nice way to do carbon fibre is to find some fine netting , at the size you want your cf squares , Give a light coat of a grey/silver ish colour , Then lay down the netting over the hood once dry , And spray over with black. Then laquer. That's what ive used , And it turns out pretty sweet , You can use it for model interiors also for cf tach's,clocks,seats etc.....

P.S - Happy birthday ;)
We don't need no god damn roads!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

arfin wrote:Again, that color combo is perfect, the CF hood, is amazing, how exactly was that done? Sprayed over a screen? Anyways, very clean look car, and happy birthday!
I was pretty easy, what I did was to paint the hood black (before I did any other painting I did the hood).
Then over the black I took the mesh from a small strainer and secured it with tape underneith the body.
Then I took gunmetal looking paint and made 2 passes over the hood. It dried quickly.
Then I sprayed with a light coat of clear so that the pj wouldn't come off with the masking.
Then I masked off the hood area, sanded off the paint from around the hood and continued the paintjob as normal.

The middle of the hood wasn't masked by the mesh properly so I didn't get the checked design up by the wipers. If I do another CF hood, I'll use a toothpick to try to press the mesh down in the middle to get propper masking.

Maxx
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Kokolo wrote:that can esily be nigger
3 in a row... lol this will be fun.....
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc