Trio

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Trio

Post by BilboBaggins »

Here are the Trio of contest entries I've entered into Goin' Topless.

Entry One.

The T-Top Firebird.

Specs
ZZ SE Chassis (only chassis mod is the Cat5 antenna mod)
ZZ Firebird body, Slot lowered, T-Top and windows cut out, Front Air Dam and Side Exhaust Pipes. Exhaust pipes made from rod of styrene plastic that I drilled a small hole into and bent using heat from a lighter.
Paint: Dupli-Color Metallic Garnet on the body and rims. Games Workshop Skull White and 'Ard Coat on the Exhaust pipes. GW paints used on details like mirrors and turn signals.

Entry Two.

The S2000 Street Rod Roadster

Specs
Bit Chassis with Cat5 antenna mod and spring front suspension
Clone (fit racer) S2000 body Slot lowered, Top cut leaving roll bar, Front air dam, rear wing, aluminum tubing used for the motor trumpets and exhaust tips.
Paint: Dupli-Color Metallic Twilight Blue on the body. GW paints used on details like Windshield, mirrors, lights and turn signals. After the entry photos were take I hit it with 3 coats of Dupli-Color Clear Top Coat. That's why it looks shinier in the trio images.

Entry Three.

The 2003 Corvette Targa

Specs
ZZ (original style) chassis. Cat5 Antenna mod, removed PCB cover and replaced with piece of sheet styrene to handle the slammed body.
ZZ 2003 Corvette body, Slot lowered, Targa Top cut out, Added Air Dam, Side Skirts, Rear Wing and Exhaust tips (made from Styrene rod I drilled out and cut to size).
Added Faux Interior made with an art program I have and printed on the laser-jet.
Paint: 4 coats of Dupli-Color Metallic Light Champaign on the body. GW paints used on details like Windshield, mirrors, lights and turn signals. I then hit it with 2 coats of Dupli-Color Clear Top Coat.

And a few of the trio together

Of course one of the way I like others to see them on the track.

Hope you all like.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I can't get over the blue onthat S2000. Looks like it's navy/black cameleon paint. I love it.

Maxx
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Maxximum Attack wrote:I can't get over the blue onthat S2000. Looks like it's navy/black cameleon paint. I love it.

Maxx
It's Dupi-Color Twilight Blue (metallic) I bought it a few years ago for another project the Happy Hauler.

There are 5 light coats of blue over top of the gray primer.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.