Smoothed, Shaved and Dropped

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
TrikeKid

Post by TrikeKid »

Short of cutting the wheel wells like an off road rig, that's as low as that body can go.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i personally wouldn't mess with the lowering, i think that's one part you did well :-o
i used to be cool
TrikeKid

Post by TrikeKid »

Well, I guess she's going to get a full re paint now. Thinner leaked up under the tape I was trying to protect the red with and completely screwed the decklid and one side of the hood. Thinking a different scheme now, maybe all black with some silver striping. Making progress on cramming the SSMT motor into the back of it, the whole motor area is cut out and flat so I can lay the motor in low enough to clear the body. Just need to make a tab for the idler gear and solder it up. I assume the usual lighter color is positive rule applies here?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

TrikeKid wrote:I assume the usual lighter color is positive rule applies here?
You mean the motor wires? Just hook 'em to the motor. If it goes backward, switch 'em.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

TrikeKid wrote:Well, I guess she's going to get a full re paint now. Thinner leaked up under the tape I was trying to protect the red with and completely screwed the decklid and one side of the hood. Thinking a different scheme now, maybe all black with some silver striping. Making progress on cramming the SSMT motor into the back of it, the whole motor area is cut out and flat so I can lay the motor in low enough to clear the body. Just need to make a tab for the idler gear and solder it up. I assume the usual lighter color is positive rule applies here?
DarkTari wrote:I say just do another car! Leave that one as is and improve on the next one that way you can see the difference (mistakes) and make corrections, not only in the paint but in other areas. Also this will introduce you to taping techniques.
:???:
TrikeKid

Post by TrikeKid »

Yeah, that'd work, if I had another car, the radio shacks around here don't carry dick as far as the RC stuff goes, I have to do with what I have, and I like the Torino more than the majority of other ZZ bodies. I am going to see if I can find some of my old bit bodies and stretch em though.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Some of my best cars are do overs. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

crazydave wrote:Some of my best cars are do overs. :-o
Amen to that.

one thing Spray paint man spray paint!

ok 2 things sanding sanding can be your friend when you have do overs.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Do Overs, "Hate 'em"

I prefer thinner and a Q-Tip when I do !