Your first paint job ..... See where the PIMPS came from

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Your first paint job ..... See where the PIMPS came from

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Well, DarkTari has been doing a good job in reminding us of where we came from, but that's not the direct focus of this thread. I've been talking to a couple new members and they seem a little intimidated by us. They look at our rides and see a daunting task. Me, I show them some of my earlier work and try to show them that "Rome wasn't built in a day".

So let's see them, your first rides (or there abouts), lets show the pauper before the pimp. I know they might still be fly, but it would give the newer members the courage to try.

Mine here isn't my first ride, it's my 3rd. I've been scouering the net looking for my early rides and I only found about 5. This one is the earliest. I even remember taking the photo on a Saturday with 2 of my dad's briefcases :lol:

Slammed EVO:

Maxx
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

my first, celica ute :-o
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

My first and one of my favorites, the S2K

Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Here's my first. I did this before I ever came across any micro Rc forums. This is before I discovered the macro on my camera even.

But I'd rather not talk about that one. I didn't take it seriously at all. I had colored the body with markers, then later got bored and blobbed paint marker all over it. It was all thick and bumpy, and the paint never quite dried all the way, so I scratched it off with my finger nail, and I had a couple squirts of paint left over from when I had painted a guitar, so I used that. Really its not bad considering what its been through.

Here's my first real paint job.

At that point I thought a 1/64th paint mask to be nearly impossible to cut. I didn't really try to do accurate flames, because I figured anything at this scale was good enough. In retrospect I wish I made more of an effort, but at the time almost no one was doing anything like this, except DriveWRX. It was enough to get me props from the likes as Payaso, and that encouraged me to do more. I think I flamed like 3 bodies that weekend.

I know the point is to show our less than perfect beginnings, but I can't help to show the paint job where it all came together for me.

This is my first job I was truly proud of. I did this less than a month after the others. In retrospect the flame licks look a bit chunky, but good enough, its still one of my better jobs. After I did something that I was satisfied with, it made me believe anything was possible.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

This isn't my first but it's close to it. It's a Gloria made into a mini pickup I called Scamp.

My Original T-Top RX-7

The Green Machine

Here is a little later one and still a favourite of mine. The Grocery Getter, a Skyline into a wagon called GT-W

Then the Hauler

My Latest trio.

Corvette Targa

S2000 Street Roadster

Firebird T-Top.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

I have almost nothing under my belt, but it shows that you can still try. :-o

hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Here's my first customized finish... sign vinyl on my onliest silver Z...

This is my first actual paint job...
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Not only my first paintjob, but THE Microsizer that started it all for me (and hue too, I believe). My wife gave it to me for Christmas of 2002, and about mid-January I started to realize how cool it really was.

I hauled my airbursh out of mothballs, and learned a lot about semi-transluscent paint, metallic and pearl types, the need for primer, how to fix mistakes, detailing, decal application, clearcoating, etc. I think I've improved.

Heh, like hue's silver Z, who would have known that the white Subaru would turnt out to be one of the more rare bodies.

SkysTheLimit
bitHood

Post by SkysTheLimit »

heres my first bit, also first that I painted

HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

This is my second, not sure what happened to my first.

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

My first...

DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

First Mod:
Kit Racing Wheels, Partial Custom Paints Job, Kit 2.6 Rotor and a couple stickers...

2nd Mod:
Partial Custom Paint, Coordinated Wheels, Kit 2.2 Rotor and sticker...

3rd Mod:
Full Paint Job, Full Wheel Mod and Kit 2.6 Rotor...
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Good thinking Maxxa! :-o
here is my first : partial paint job, rims, interior.

my first full paint job with fade

my first full custom
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

ynad wrote:Image
I dig this one. Nice ride, man.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Here is my first paint and body work this was before Rat Shack came out with a Dodge Extended Cab Body. I made my own from a muscle machines 4X4 plastic body. I shortened the back and added a cover for the back and replaced the fenders, then I painted it to match my personal ride..

My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: