Custom Built 1932 Ford Roadster (AKA Purple Haze)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
Bart
bitThug

Post by Bart »

I think your a fraud.
whys that? :???:
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Bart wrote:
I think your a fraud.
whys that? :???:
I don't know, it sounded good. :lol:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

I dont know , I dont like to think it , but I do have my doubts. That interior also looks a little deep :???:
We don't need no god damn roads!
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

I say Bart gives us a guess on when he can get pictures, and we reserve desicion untill then.

But no fucking excuses :?
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Im having my doubts the more this is delayed.

It really aint that hard to find a digicam to borrow.....

And the fact that he entered the contest with it , if nobody had asked for chassis pics , it's possible he could have won without it even being a bit chassis.

I am doubting you bart , and I dont like to , but it all seems a little fishy :-)
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I say we drop it, if it truly is a bit chassis he'll post it up. The judges are reading this thread too ya know :-o so they can adjust their verdicts to suit. I also have my doubts. But the way he said he mointed the front wheels was an idea I had in the back of my head for a while. But I still can't see any front asxles in the front wheels and they SHOULD be there with such big, exposing wheel arches...

WIP's for such a good ride would solve everything. If you know you're gunna have a unique ride, snap a couple pics of the process
steelwoolghandi wrote:Image

Get where I'm coming from? :-?

Maxx
frizzen
bitDisciple

Re: Custom Built 1932 Ford Roadster (AKA Purple Haze)

Post by frizzen »

Steering knuckles partially visible here. The front fenders seem to be attached to the body, which otherwise stops around the cowl area. Also, the interior fitment makes it look like it's probably a seperate piece, or it's attached to the chassis.

ALthough, this one makes me doubt it would steer. Check out the inner arch of the fenders, maybe some interference...

He said he streched the tub and stressed the PCB, so that'll probably account for a little of how deep the interior is, but I'm still not sure if there'd still be enough room for the cap, tuning coil, and batt.

I'd like to think it is, but again since I'm not sure...
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

honda_s2000 wrote:And the fact that he entered the contest with it , if nobody had asked for chassis pics , it's possible he could have won without it even being a bit chassis.
The judges are smart. :-o

I'm not directing this comment at Bart specifically, but here's a little tip about entering contests. Stated in the rules:

- Must have your username and "bitPimps" on a piece of paper in at least 1 picture of your entry. (Click here for some examples)
- You can post as many photos of your entry as you feel necessary.

You all have to remember this is an internet contest. You might have built the most badass car ever, but as a judge, I can't pick it up and give it a thorough look-over. I can't pull the body off and check out your chassis. I can't charge it up and drive it. All I can go by is the pictures you post. I actually see the quality of photography as part of the entry. Almost everyone has access to a digital camera, and there are LOTS of photography tips right here on bitPimps. I don't expect everyone to become a pro photographer, but if you are willing to invest several hours modding a bit, take some care and pride in how you share it with us. Browse through the galleries and find pictures you like. Then figure out what it is you like about them. Lighting? Background? Camera angle?

If you do anything that is super-trick and don't back it up with photos or a movie, I may have my doubts. If your pictures are blurry, I can't be sure your paint is smooth. If you alter the chassis drastically and don't show a vid of it driving or pictures that show enough detail of the chassis, I can't be sure it actually works. It would be easy to make some cool looking shit if it didn't have to actually drive. When I mod cars, I make them not just drive but drive well, down to things like the tire compound. I'm a purist that way. Hell, I've got plenty of mosfet mods in cars I won't even drive. :lol:

The bottom line is to look at it from the judges' perspective: what have you given us to judge your entry by?
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Maxximum Attack wrote:...The judges are reading this thread too ya know :-o ...
Told ya :-)
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

now, I cannot vouch for Bart on his ride. But where is he? I just would like to see better pics ( a little clearer maybe) Even I was in such a rush to get pics up because I had to work on the 31st and wouldn't get home in time for the deadline.
Maxximum Attack wrote: I also have my doubts. But the way he said he mointed the front wheels was an idea I had in the back of my head for a while. But I still can't see any front asxles in the front wheels and they SHOULD be there with such big, exposing wheel arches...
Has this method not been done before?

It definately has been done as early as this past April. (although the pic taken 2 mins ago)I read on how to do the wheel swap on this site, but didn't want to ruin the look of the chrome wheel.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=7673

Is this an example of proof that would be needed for redemption by Bart?

I kinda have doubts on first mods that turn out so well by noobies too. But IMHO, as a noobie to 1/64 I feel the need to speak up and say something .

(Rant mode disabled now)
:-) :-)
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

The judging will be based on what was submitted by the deadline. Y'all don't need to worry about fairness, we know tha score.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

SuperFly wrote:The judging will be based on what was submitted by the deadline. Y'all don't need to worry about fairness, we know tha score.
With all due respect to the contest and such, I don't think this thread would or should effect the judges' fairness.
Contest aside, I was compelled to respond. I myself had someone at my work claim that all I did for my cal-looker, was paint a diecast and mount it to the zip chassis. :mad:
After spending so much time on something you put your all into, it can be offensive and/or frustrating to defend your credibility. :suspect:
Like I mentioned earlier, I have my doubts. But they are warranted by past instances of false claims. I for one just want to see the chassis so I can see if he did something that could be useful in one of my future projects. :???: Sat4Life gave me lots of inspiration with his Mustang in the contest.
Come to think of it, from what I have seen, some of the best mods (especially with bodys) have come from contests like this. :-o
later,
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

You're taking it the wrong way I'm certain.

Threads absolutely do not play a role when it comes to judging.
The fact that a "judge" is responding to a thread doesn't mean anything come judge time. Trust me, as a "judge" for every single contest bitPimps has ever had.

Your post is the exact reason why many of us judges (certainly me) shy away from responding in contest threads.
We don't want anyone thinking we're picking sides for any other reason than the legitmate judging concerns.

And that is the case.

I understand why you might think what you mentioned in your post, especially for being new to bitPimps.
So I'm not getting on you or anything, I'm just trying to assure you that as "judges" of this and every contest - we play no personal favorites, we are not persuaded in the least by any post or even friendship.

Matter of fact... you pimps kind of joke about how hard it will be on us judges. You have no idea.

The better you fellas become, which we love to see, the harder it becomes on us.

Let me just tell you that we've had judging rounds turn into arguments. Afterall, we're human too.

Granted, we're all smart enough and good enough friends at this point that we can see past differences, but at the same time - we're taking this as seriously as if it were our own contest entries.

Honestly, the way I feel, we're the most legitimate, credible, and honest site about micro's on them Internets.

That's why you see what you see here.
We have detailed, factual information.
We run off fakes, phonies, charlatans, and the like.
We allow "real talk", we don't make you say "poop" when you really mean "shit". (Swearing isn't our "thang" either. It's just that we allow you to speak freely, as you would in real life. [IRL])
We provide a much "safer" haven for information, we help foster sharing of knowledge and help in regards to rc, "micros" in general.

Again, I'm not getting on you or anything like that.
I'm merely trying to explain to you that what you may or would normally think would give someone a biased opinion, absolutely does not float around here much less when it comes to judging a contest.
Last edited by CaboWabo on Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Very well said CW , thanks for clearing it up . :-o
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Ibjamn, no one is questioning his credibility (not wholely and solely). This whole thread came about because people just wanted to see his chassis work so that they, like you, can learn from it. The cred issues came with the delay in getting up the chassis pics, none up till now.

Secondly, I think you read my post wrong, my bad grammer should be to blame. The first sentance you quoted from me was not associated with the following one, rather is continues from the previous one. It should be read like this and separated into paragraphs...
Maxx wrote:I say we drop it, if it truly is a bit chassis he'll post it up. The judges are reading this thread too ya know so they can adjust their verdicts to suit. I also have my doubts.

But the way he said he mointed the front wheels was an idea I had in the back of my head for a while....
The second paragraph was just me mentioning that I had the same idea but never did it.

Like CDub said, the judging around here is fair. If they had judged betty.k's toyota Bb as the winner of the contest it was in, I would have taken it cuz I KNOW there would have been a ligitimate reason. :-o

Oh, here's what I'm talking about

So to sum it up...

JUDGES VOTE FOR ME!!!!! (A little canvasing :lol: )