Hook ups + subtle mods

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Hook ups + subtle mods

Post by crazydave »

I haven't done much lately, but it seems I've been coming into bodies. Not alot done to these cars, just enough to make them look right.

So here's what I got.

DT surprised me out of nowhere with a Herbie that I had asked him about before, and threw in a Skyline GT2000 pullback, just because I mentioned somewhere I wanted one. Thanks DT, that was too cool.

This body was a pain in the ass to lower. There's just no room in there. I had to do quite a bit of shaving just to get it this low. The chassis I stuck it on had my last set of chrome Thunder Charger wheels. I don't know what I was thinking when I painted them black, I have at least a half dozen sets of red ones I could have painted. :lol:

SG shipped a package from Bird to me, and I guess he threw a Perfection Lambo body in there. My Lambo body had been cracked and repaired and the paint is starting to develop hairline cracks where the body had cracked. The Perfection body looked pretty cool, but they had made all the parts that are supposed to be black, silver. I guess since the body is black they thought it had to contrast. So I brushed in some flat black in all those spots. Lowered the wing, and it snapped right in place of my old body. I actually prefer the black and silver theme. Thanks SG, love it.

I made a trade with Hue for this Pennzoil Skyline body, so I'd have racing bodies for all five frequencies I have. I lowered it, and painted the wheels black.

He also threw in this Perfection Ferrari. Since the bottom half is black, I guess the guys at Perfection once again decided what should've been black has to contrast, and left the grill red. So I painted it in flat black, and managed to paint around the logo. I wanted to paint the centers of the wheels gold, but my gold paint was missing. I'll get to that someday. Thanks hue, this is my new favorite.

Then I have the Calsonic that's kind of a hook up, since I won it. I thought maybe I shouldn't mod it at first, then said what the hell. FET modded, 3.0 Lucifer Rotor, lowered, and painted the wheels white. Perfect, thanks RC Mod. Sorry this pic came out kinda blurry, but oh well, I got a lot of decent shots tonight. :lol:

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

So that is what a Skyline GT2000 looks like not all cut up? :???: :lol:

Nice work man its in the details and that makes the cars look all the better that and makes me want to collect all the same cars! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
hue35
bitPimp

Re: Hook ups + subtle mods

Post by hue35 »

crazydave wrote:...and I guess he threw a Perfection Lambo body in there.
That was me, man. :lol: Somehow I ended up with a couple extra of those... go figure.

Yeah man, that GT2000 is a bitch to lower... that looks great.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

steelwoolghandi wrote:So that is what a Skyline GT2000 looks like not all cut up? :???: :lol:
Tell me about it. Not as involved as what you're doing to yours, but my original one from my Skyline set, been through it an back. This picture doesn't really show it all, because the roof is all cracked up.

hue35 wrote:That was me, man. :lol: Somehow I ended up with a couple extra of those... go figure.
Are you messing with me? It was in Bird's box. Bird said I should thank SG for it. :???:
Don't mess with my head. :sad:
crazydave's Gallery
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Whoa, maybe not... I thought so, though. You know, I think it was between the Ferrari and the Lambo, and I ended up sending the Ferrari... never mind. :lol:

edit: No, because I remember taping the wing inside the body on 2 shells, not just the Skyline... hmmm. :???:
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I'm not even getting involved in that one lol... I sent Dave a TVR... I know nothing about no Lambos lol...

And see... didn't we just talk about subtlety? You make shit look like it should have come that way... to outside eyes, it would look like you just threw up some pics of stock shit.

You're, like, the king of subtle awesomeness, or something...
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hue35 wrote:edit: No, because I remember taping the wing inside the body on 2 shells, not just the Skyline... hmmm. :???:
No wait, I remember, You did send me one too, I have a yellow one. :lol:

Sorry. Damn short term memery loss. :cool:
crazydave's Gallery
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

crazydave wrote: Damn short term memery loss. :cool:
No shit... wait, wha?
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Loving that skyline , and the calsonic oh and the lambo , and that ferrari , oh and not to forget the penzoil :lol:

Nice man. :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

While I was packin' up Birds stuff, I threw that in.

:-)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sg219 wrote:While I was packin' up Birds stuff, I threw that in.

:-)
So that's where it came from, I get it now....

Hey! Where'd SG go? :???:
crazydave's Gallery
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i used to be cool
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Giving some love to these little things makes more than bit of a difference. :-o
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I love them all! I gotta pull out the bit box and start doin sumthin.....
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Yeah, we all do.... LOL

I got started and intended projects out the ying yang....