1-evening RX7 : Sharpie Edition

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
hue35
bitPimp

1-evening RX7 : Sharpie Edition

Post by hue35 »

It's been a while since I've had time (like I used to) for Bits, so I thought I'd
see what I could put together and mostly finish in one evening. I'm going to
continue working on it, but this is how far I got in the few hours I had tonight.

I started with a Thunder Charger chassis and a silver Perfection RX7 shell.
For the paint, I only used Sharpies, Q-Tips and alcohol. I still have to put a "35"
on it, and I'll probably use an acrylic clear coat to seal it up... the ink is super
fragile. Oh, and the red graphic on the side is my thumb print. :-o

Under the PCB is a Nakamichi dual-cell pack. Tab-lowered. Perfection heat sink...
Thunder Charger wheels, fuck yeah! I'll put FETs in it, and that's about it.

Each side is a bit different, which will work out nice with the numbers I plan
to draw (which is where I'll fuck it up).

Kinda shitty, but I've had fun with it so far & it drives great.
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Stunning for 1 nights work - btw what is a sharpie?

Cheers

TB
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

http://www.sharpie.com/ - the original permanent marker since 1964.

That looks wacky, hue. I dig it. Good luck clear coating. I've never had any luck painting over marker, without the marker running. That chromed plastic doesn't seem to like paint much either, so you got your work cut out for you.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

hue35 wrote
Oh, and the red graphic on the side is my thumb print.
was that on accident? or an ingenius idea on custom painting? either way , it looks really cool. :)
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Cool Deal Hue I really like the swirl effect right at the front wheels the way the green swirls is cool.

I hope the clear coat goes well I am with CD on that one ink tends to run but if you light mist it a lot and let it dry it might work out.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

crazydave wrote:http://www.sharpie.com/ - the original permanent marker since 1964.

That looks wacky, hue. I dig it. Good luck clear coating. I've never had any luck painting over marker, without the marker running. That chromed plastic doesn't seem to like paint much either, so you got your work cut out for you.
I'm going to try Future floor polish... it's what the bulk of my cars are clear-coated with (all the older ones). It's an acrylic clear that cleans up with amonia. The nice thing about using it on a painted Bit is that you can take it off without fuckin' up the paint because it comes off so easily with amonia. In this case, I'm just hoping it won't fuck up the sharpie, but it's the least harsh clear coat I have... I think it might work. I'll test it first, and if it doesn't, I might try the decal clear, since it's designed to work over ink.

ibjamn wrote:was that on accident? or an ingenius idea on custom painting? either way , it looks really cool. :)
I planned it... inked-up my thumb and eveything. I figured at Bit scale it would make for an easy-to-apply tuner graphic. The first one went down quick and easy, but the second one was a little harder... had to wipe it off and do it a coupla times.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Re: 1-evening RX7 : Sharpie Edition

Post by Zenith »

I like this, its alot like your "D1" FD, same scheme, but a street version or twin runner to it. It'd be cool to see them in a photo together: The Hue35 Drift Twins.
Palabras
bitThug

Post by Palabras »

i've done alot of quicky paint jobs on my miniatures with sharpies.

acrylic clear coats are much gentler to sharpie ink than enamels. you're on the right track.

let the sharpie dry for a few extra days in a cool dry place. even if the ink doesn't feel gooey any more, that extra time helps alot.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Is that a little tiny slice of the rear of a pcb cover holding that flipped pcb in place? Genius, I tell ya... fuckin' genius... but what's that in the front? :???:

Oh, nice work on the body, too... that thumbprint graphics job is of the hook, and that green is killer...
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Shit yea , I like this one dude !. An evenings work ? I couldn't do this in a month of sundays :eek:
We don't need no god damn roads!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Re: 1-evening RX7 : Sharpie Edition

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Zenith wrote:I like this, its alot like your "D1" FD, same scheme, but a street version or twin runner to it. It'd be cool to see them in a photo together: The Hue35 Drift Twins.
Well duh :?
This is the "Sharpie Edition"
Read the post Noobtard :lol:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Thanks for the comments y'all... I have since added a few more details. Kinda fucked it up, but whatever, it's a track car.
Bird wrote:Is that a little tiny slice of the rear of a pcb cover holding that flipped pcb in place? Genius, I tell ya... fuckin' genius... but what's that in the front? :???:
It's a piece of plastic from a MS controller, but yeah, that's the idea. I'm going to do a cleaner version of this chassis next, but with another little trick or two added... god damn I miss spending time on Bits. Hopefully by winter I'll be done with my house projects and back on moddin' little cars.

edit: Which part up front, Bird?
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

hue35 wrote:edit: Which part up front, Bird?
The piece of grey plastic in front of the "27MHz" sticker I suspect. I'm wondering about that, even if he isn't.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

can you like compress time or something man? fucken hell, spread some of those time skills this way.... :-)
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:
hue35 wrote:edit: Which part up front, Bird?
The piece of grey plastic in front of the "27MHz" sticker I suspect. I'm wondering about that, even if he isn't.
That grey piece is what I cut from a MS controller... it's holding the PCB down. Bulkier than it needs to be, but it does the trick. I think Bird is talking about something in front of that.
ph2t wrote:can you like compress time or something man? fucken hell, spread some of those time skills this way.... :-)
I wish... man, I feel slow almost all the time. The only reason this went quick is because it needed to.