Dual-celll Thunder Charger & revived body

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Dual-celll Thunder Charger & revived body

Post by crazydave »

These Thunder Chargers are da bomb, but I just can't quite take a liking to the bodies. They're a tad longer than bits, so only my Cannonball clone bodies fit. That leaves me the option of my hummer, which I already have plans for, and the Celica, that was my first micro RC and has been through every experiment imaginable.

I didn't think it was worth saving, but I gave it a go. Sanded most of the guck off. Repainted it with the original paint scheme I did 6 months ago. Gave it a new Zip Zap wing, and since I had already hacked out the back window for a dual cell, I went ahead and made it a wheelie machine

When it came together, I think this body is actually ready for one more tour of duty.

I made a video clip, let me know how this works out, it's my first time posting a video.

Sorry for the Quicktime format, if anyone knows how to convert it to Windows media let me know. This ones been optimized, I have a larger higher quality one if this ones too hard to see.

Video Clip
Last edited by crazydave on Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

hell yea, I'd use that body for a racer anytime.

I can't see your video, missing software that is not available for download from apple.
any ideas?
I gots the 5.0.2 plugin
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

nice! I saw the video fine, but I'm on a mac, cuz I am a mac.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:I can't see your video, missing software that is not available for download from apple.
any ideas?
I gots the 5.0.2 plugin
Hmmm :???: When I turned up the brightness it warned me it might not work on other computers, guess I should start paying more attention to those warning boxes.

I changed the link to a file that does not have the brightness turned up. Try that, and if that don't work, then it must be the compression format. The default was MP4, but there was a huge list of others, anyone know a more common one I should be using, I think MP4 is still kinda new.
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

cool, seen it now.

that thing smokes!

p.s. I like your kitchen floor too. lol
we've seen just about everyone's kitchen floor.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Ok, glad I worked that out. Just bought Quicktime pro, so we can edit the little videos our digicam takes, and I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

The car does smoke, and all I did was dual cell it. Best $5 bargain I've got yet.

Oh yeah and the kitchen floor, decent traction, but it could be alot bigger.;)
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that things gonna be great for stunts.
what motor did you have in it?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Oh yeah, and I saw this Candy Clear, I laughed, what good would a Candy clear coat be. Then I thought wait a minute, it might be better, it does cost a dollar more.

Glad I did, this stuff is super glossy, without any rubbing. You can see it in the pictures.

It's made by Plastic-Cote, they sell it at Pep Boys. It is Laquer based, so you'll want to make sure your using it over laquer.
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:that things gonna be great for stunts.
what motor did you have in it?
It's the stock pink endbell clone motor. The top end was good, but not impressive with a single cell, but they are very torquey. Considering these are Hogjowls favorite motor, I figured it would be good with dual cells, and well, it is.
crazydave's Gallery
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Yo crazy, what sorta results do you get with that antenna man? I would assume the range would be curtailed a bit....... :???:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ph2t wrote:Yo crazy, what sorta results do you get with that antenna man? I would assume the range would be curtailed a bit....... :???:
Honestly, I can't comment on range, because I run in a small area, but there is a washer, dryer, fridge, and thermostat all right in that area, and I usually have problems with glitching, when everything's goings it's almost unbearable, but I haven't had the slightest problem with these cars. I bought one for my 3 y.o. to play with when I'm playing with my cars, and I only pull the antenna out an inch or two, and there still isn't hardly any problems.
crazydave's Gallery
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

nice dave, clean vid too... short clips for short attention spans LoL me likey!
that thing really moves huh?! 8-)
:rockon:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

kwikbb wrote:nice dave, clean vid too... short clips for short attention spans LoL me likey!
that thing really moves huh?! 8-)
Funny you say that, or should I say ironic, anyways, I shortened the video further. Yea, I'm an eMpTV, generation X'er.

MTV edit

...and yeah the car smokes. I'm lovin' these cars. I've got 3 more to mod. :grin:
crazydave's Gallery
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

LMFAO
that's perfect... i didn't even have to blink :-D
:rockon: