My first dual cell, and an internal one at that!

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

My first dual cell, and an internal one at that!

Post by honda_s2000 »

Hey pimps,

The guys at s2k-kustomz got together this evening, and after about 2 hours of fiddling and trying to solder with my awfull iron, made a dual cell happen.

It was a pre-wired one, and the cells were nicely shrink wrapped, and were as small as the cells in an SE battery. I mounted it on the back first, but having no weight in the chassis, I couldn't drive without a wheelie or tipping over. I then decided to try mounting it inside, so It fit's in diagonally pretty well, with a flipped PCB.

Just about fit's under the body, This chassis is the one i'll be flossin' for the contest :-o

My first impressions are - :eek: , :-o , :D pretty much, The dual cells i've attemped before have sadly all ended in tears before they were running properly. So far this one has insane speed with a 4.2NX, even with the cells inside, I had to gear it up to red gears, to stop wheelies. :-o

But overall i'm very impressed, now it's bodywork time :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cool. Where'd you find those batteries? I'll tell ya, I've had a few dual cell bits, and they were all fast, but my CarToons Camaro with the SE cell in it, is crazyfast. FETs help to make the power to weight ratio silly.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

The batteries came in a lot I bought from talldude, maybe he can elaborate, I'm guessing from a clone again.

I've got an OGZZ with an SE cell in there, it's the one hogjowlz built for the auction, got that too from talldude. It doesnt seem all that fast though, Allthough all the controls are backwards using my MT tx, it's got a bit/clone board in, and either i'm on the wrong band or it's all soldered wrong. Havent had time to tinker with that one yet.

I'd love to get some FET's done, when I get some money i'll have to call on somebody to do them for me. I think i'd go with a superbit chassis though, they seem to handle very well. :-o
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Great job S2K, the controlls are backward cuz you're using a ZZ Tx, it should be driving correct if you use a bit Tx, Superfly once told me that bit and Zip Txs are opposite. I never had a working dualcell, only a fet mod from dave, but I know it's crazy fast :smile: ...crazy man, crazy...get it?

Your cells are standing :???: no chassis work required....nice

Maxx

EDIT: Hey!! that's a ZZMT cell, no fair!! I never could get 2 cells soldered together and you found a short-cut.
Last edited by Maxximum Attack on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Anybody else remember their first dual cell with tin foil and twisted together wires?? :lol: I was probably like 10 years old when I did that, lol........
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

lmao beans. i do remember trying the tin foil and tape method. never worked good at all, thats where all my soldering experience comes from. well that and the blown up cells. :?
[]D [] []V[] []D
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

lol thanks guys, maxx - it's not a MT cell actually, infact its smaller :eek:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Bastard :x
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Bastard :x
Hmm, I got one more pack, that's going to get squeezed into something special. :-o psst : mini heart :-)
TallduDe
bitThug

Post by TallduDe »

batteries came out of a Vrs tank. the digiq clones from toyeast.

ther small and come with wires so you solder them to your pcb easy.
-------------------------------------------------

Cheers
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Thanks talldude :-o
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

honda_s2000 wrote: I've got an OGZZ with an SE cell in there,... It doesnt seem all that fast though,
I've just dual celled my first ZZ, and i've got to say i agree with you on that one. its fast enough once it gets up to speed, but with blue gears it's downright sluggish to start off.
The same 3.2 motor in a dual cell bit will wheel stand off the line... perhaps there is more resistance from the stock ZZ fets than there is on the Bits?
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Nice work, honda... that chassis looks mean!

Man, I remember my first working dual cell, like it was yesterday. SF and I were in my basement, hacking up brand new $30 Bits... nervous as fuck, 'cuz we were tearing into our only car! That was the real beginning of the madness for us. We'd read all the posts and watched hogjowlz' squirelly vids (skillz :lol: ), but it's the first time you run it that it hits ya... "whoa, this lil' fucker is INSANE!".
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

beanoman wrote:Anybody else remember their first dual cell with tin foil and twisted together wires?? :lol: I was probably like 10 years old when I did that, lol........
I was like 32 when I tried it. :???:

I saw it done somewhere with aluminum foil and electric tape, so I tried it for kicks. It worked out well, and if done right can look fairly clean. Still though, a few good knocks and the foil would start to slip out of place.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

honda_s2000 wrote:Allthough all the controls are backwards using my MT tx, it's got a bit/clone board in, and either i'm on the wrong band or it's all soldered wrong. Havent had time to tinker with that one yet.
A standard bit controller and a ZZMT controller will have correct steering but reversed motor. If everything is backward, then that may have been a clone that would have been backward with a bit controller anyway. It's quite simple to wire any PCB (SEs and boost cars excepted) to work with any controller. That's the way I do mine, so that I only have one controller to mod. I have an old-school bit controller with a telescoping antenna and a 3xAA back rubber-banded to the back, and an identical one with a turbo button that works for 90% of my cars. I have to keep batteries in my SE controller and ZZMT controller anyway, as they won't fit on my AC charger and I need the controllers to charge them anyway.