SWG GARAGE First of year Update!

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

SWG GARAGE First of year Update!

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I am not sure if I should post it here but the track section just did not fit as its not a track more of a vary detailed (or will be) despaly for some of my RC's.

this is just the start of what my Garage will look like, basicly walls are in place and base set with all the doors, and windows cut out. It will have a removable roof and the detail will be sick on this thing down to the plants growing out of the sidwalk and the chainlink fense. It will also have many working lights.
here are the starting pictues:
I added the pimp and car to show the scale I basicly guessed at the scale around 1/64
The last picture shows the inside with the mens and wemons nasty bathrooms in the back the office in the front and the Garage area. The pumps and such will be added later with the canopy and a yard with a chain link fence.
I am looking for scale pictues and singes even things like coke and such if anyone comes accross them let me know.
any ideas throw them my way.
oh the doors in the front will roll up and down and I am even working on a way to do it by electric motors.
Last edited by steelwoolghandi on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Very cool man. I'd like to put something together like that for display too.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Lookin Good Pimp!

Signs, I would just use a Word application and change the font & color.
You can create pretty much what you want. As far as commercial signs
and such, go to the website (Coke, Archer, Dasani, etc), copy the logo
and resize it. It works great!

ImageImage
ImageImage
jmays
bitGangsta'

Post by jmays »

That is a sweet base for a garage scene, keep us posted on the progress! I was looking at dioromas on the net and came up with tons of information and inspiraional pictures....

Things that would be cool in a garage scene!

Guard Dog/s
Junk car
barrel of greasy parts discarded

This will be great
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Guys thanks for the info it helps a lot the picture you provided Jmays is just what I was looking for kinda what my grage is based on. I have tried HO scale but most of the items are to small S scale is closer but hard to find.

Just about everything is going to be scratch built but one good thing I already have the wrecker!! :-o

Keep the info and pictures coming guys its Appreciated!

Ok now for some more updated pics!

Sorry it looks a bit slanted the box I took the pictures on is sitting slanted so it put the garage off.
I am going to mount the whole thing on a foam board so I can add the gas pumps, sidwalk and the chainlink fence area! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
PUBE JOOLZ
bitGangsta'

Post by PUBE JOOLZ »

Man you got one kick ass project! Now i'm thinking of doing one like a Hollywood theater lobby for my movie bits.
Heeehah!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Looking good SWG :-o S scale doesn't exist anymore- or around these parts anyway. That's kinda why I was browsing Diecast stuff on Ebay, looking for an old playset.
Don't forget the tools and toolboxes :-)
jmays
bitGangsta'

Post by jmays »

I was just looking at your garage and noticed that you inset the roof, that was a good call, it looks more realistic than if you flush mounted it.

I was at hobby lobby last night looking at there hobby train area and they have all sorts of ho scale lighting and signage for scale dioramos. I picked up an EXXON sign and there was also GULF signs, which were all lit,
they call for a ac power source of 12 volts dc.

I always keep these lil transformer packs from old cell phones and the such they are great for powering lights or what ever you want.

I know that ho will be small for the scale but some of the stuff would look correct with the thought out placement of them...

I think that you started something on this thread, i will be making me a diorama, thanks for the motivation!!!!!!

P.S. check this out, there is plenty to think about here for your garage.
http://www.1-87vehicles.org/images/

click on the folder diorama

jmays
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Ok the update ya'll have been waiting for "The Bathrooms"
I built the instide of the bathrooms I have small tile walls and large tile floors all white (for now) soon to be vary dirty!

Here are the toilets notice the toothpick thats the scale they fit the 1/64 homies perfect. I even hav the lids on the toilets I have yet to paint them and paint the lids black. The sinks are packaging material and will have faucits and drains they are wall mounted.
Here are the bathrooms you should be able to make out the tile walls and the tile floor. I am going to higlight the tile better and add lots of things to these bathrooms.

Here are the windows and doors I built frames and then added the clear polly so that when the painting is all done I can just put the windows in place. they are not attached in this picture just put in so ya'll can see what they will look like. (the door in the picture is actualy upside down) DOH!

Here are the windows and the small ones are the transome windows that go above the door they will be sitting partialy out if the frame like vents.

thats it for now more to come I am working on the base and the chainlink fence. I got the light and will even have a lighted coke machine.

JMays thanks for the link I got some great ideas from the pictures. I too saw the lighted signs but the problem is HO is 1/87 scale and it just will not work with the 1/64 scale. I think I have it worked out for the sign I have decal materil and clear poly I am going to build a sign and use the Railroad ligts to back light it I am going to do the same for the coke machine.
glad you were motivated I cant wait to see your work!!!! :-o
Last edited by steelwoolghandi on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My other hangout! R7R
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

That's crazy small dude. I can't believe some of the stuff you pull off, you must be part machine. lol

Lookin awesome.

You gonna write stuff on the bathroom walls like "For a good time call..."? lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

CaboWabo wrote:
You gonna write stuff on the bathroom walls like "For a good time call..."? lol
you got it man I have some micro paint pens that are .005 and they will be perfect I used them to do details on game figures.

humm for a good time call Bill Elgin :???: :lol:

Oh crap just got Cabo in trouble. :-(
My other hangout! R7R
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

steelwoolghandi wrote:
humm for a good time call Bill Elgin :???: :lol:
:-D :lol:
We don't need no god damn roads!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that's just too cool, 1:64 crappers! :lol:
i used to be cool
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Man you're going all out with this one :smile:
Mine is going to be lame compared to yours
:-(
But in a way I feel like I should step up my game. But I went the easy route, you should feel good about the fact that all of it, you did it from scratch :-o
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Belive me IB if I could find an easier way I feel like going that route all the time! :lol: I have been real irritated that I cant seem to find that much in the way of 1/64 scale or "S" Scale.
My other hangout! R7R