'57 Gasser

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

'57 Gasser

Post by crazydave »

The last pics I took of this were some quickies and I thought they kinda sucked. I promised some better pics so here they are...

This is pretty much what iIve intended to do since I first ordered some of these bodies. I had to get motivated. The wheels are Scala43s. The front 8mm, the rears 10mm. I used the stock tires but ditched the centers. Not the wheels I intended to use, but its what I had. The color is the actual Chevy color. Its 400 degeree engine enamel. I bought this a while back to do a Beetle, but it wrecked the body. I got a theory all these years later it was just a defective nozzle, and got lucky when I was right. Bought the decals for another project, but they had gasser markings with them so it seemed natural. I shaved the body trim and the mirrors off the sides for a racey look. These bodies sit really low on the chassis, so to raise the rear I filled the slot, and cut a new one just above the bumper. Gives the rear end a smoother look too. The rear fenders used to flare around the wheels, but since it sits above the wheels now, I sanded most the flare out of the fender. The front bumper was removed to make way for the fuel cell made from a yellow barrel that came with a Motorworks car. The old school drag guys used to use whatever was around, kegs, barrels. I made the frame rails from a gift card, and attached them to the chassis.

The chassis is just a Charge-N-Go, that I carved out the sides to fit a dual cell pack, for a quick easy flipped PCB dual cell conversion. Gives it a decent amout of speed.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Once again man, you don't fail to bring it to the table. I love that bit, simple as that. I don't think there's anything else you could have done to make it better, it's perfect. :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
)3utthead
bitThug

Post by )3utthead »

cool i like it man
check out my galleryImage
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

For me, it goes beyond "cool".
It's what it says it is, a "Gasser".

That thing would be on the early 60's drag strips, I can picture many scenarios with that thing.
I fuckin' love it.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I second that. I love the old school shit that you've been putting out CD! It's a refreshing break from all the newer style cars we're used to seeing...... :-o