The Devil's in the Details...

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I hear a weird clanking diesel sound, so I hit the garage door to see what's up. It's the new modding customer, and he pulls it into the garage.

"Sweet ride! Was this because I'd gotten pissed at your indecision over the chassis and offered the mouse?" He laughs and shakes his head, "No, not many people know this, but I rode a tank, held a generals rank, when the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank."
"Alright man, I've gotta ask. If you have a TANK, why on earth would you want to build a trail truck?" He just looks at me with a blank stare, like it's the most obvious thing ever, "Tread Lightly."

"Ok, fair enough. I've seen what tracked vehicles can do to the ground. Anyway, I finished up the sunroof opening, and your new windshield material should be in soon."
He gets a big smile "Oh sweet, let's get this body off and I'll start on a template!" So, we undo some bolts, fasten a lifting harness, he hops back in the tank, and the body and chassis are soon seperated.

"Toolbox is in the corner, tools are all shadowed, and I love them more than my coworkers. I need to take care of something, I'll be back soon." I tell him.

When I get back, this is his progress...

Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
frizzen
bitDisciple

Re: The Devil's in the Details...

Post by frizzen »

I get a call that now that since the Presidential Elections are over, he has time to get back to work on the rig. A black stretched Limo drops him off at the garage.

He asks about the 0.040" styrene and we get to work. He doesn't want to tell me his game plan for the days work, but says it'll be obvious soon enough.

First he chops a couple chunks off to work with.

Then he gets to work shaping them.
I remind him where the broom lives...

Then he goes after my Metallic Sharpies. "It's hell building in 1/64 scale instead of 1/10, huh?" He glares at me, "Shut up."

I remount the body then he grabs a couple handfuls of Blu-tack and does a mock-up of the work.

I suggest that we've done enough for today and that he try out the Synthetic Stones I put in back behind the shop.

I think the seating position might need some work, it looks a bit high and too far inboard to me; but he didn't complain yet. Also, after he put the toolbox in, he wasn't that sure if it looked right with the rig. (Feedback on these, and if anybody cares about the thread series?)
-
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm curious how he's gonna be able to handle the can of spray paint. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

frizzen wrote:...(Feedback on these, and if anybody cares about the thread series?)...
Ooo I care, I care!
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Hmmm, this project wasn't really going to use much Spraypaint, but I'll see what I can do... Rattlebomb or Airbrush?
-
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

frizzen wrote:Hmmm, this project wasn't really going to use much Spraypaint, but I'll see what I can do... Rattlebomb or Airbrush?
I'm not gonna tell the Devil what to do. I figure he's gonna do pretty much what he wants, since his one commandment is "Do what thou wilt"

I did assume he should be able knock out a pretty good flame job, I'm sure he's seen enough of them. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Today I finished up with body mounts on my Wildcat, and pulled it back into the garage, this is what I saw...

"Hey dude, what are you doing with one of my spare engines?"
He looks up, unaware that I'd come in "I just wanted to see if it'd be able to shoehorn into my truck"
"They do fit, barely, but the chassis gets weak. I wouldn't bother."
-
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

That's sweet. Where'd you get your garage & tools.
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
frizzen
bitDisciple

Re:

Post by frizzen »

*Looks up, then grabs some more info off the box* The garage: Estes "Great Garages" model display kit. P/N 036580 or maybe NO.8000 Good luck finding one, I got my 2nd several years ago when they were clearanced out.

So, he's been bugging me about doing more work on the truck. I wasn't sure what we should tackle next. Plus, I've just been busy with other stuff in a bigger scale. Probably going to end up having a plague of flying monkeys or something in the garage if I don't help him do something.
-
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

Nice. I'll try ebay thanks.
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I checked my voice mail today... It started off with what sounded like some screams of the damned, then a deep voice came in "I've got the feeling that it's been too long since I was wheeling."

Uh-oh. :| This guy gets cranky if you keep him wating too long. I better go make some room in the shop...
-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

:sad: OK now you're scaring me.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

HaHaHaHa !!!!! :lol:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

"Hey, I'm at your garage. Get over here with a camera before I finish all the work"
Great, now what?

By the time I get over there, he's got the windows knocked out of a wagon. Wait, when did he get a wagon?

Then he grabs some chain, and a shop truck to roll it onto a side, and keeps going at it with the giant knife.

Halfway through he looks up and says, "Seriously, you NEED some smaller tools!" I laughed and said "You're the one that wanted to build it 1/64 scale."

Then after he rolls it dirtyside down again, he unbolts the grille to get that mounted better. Thinks it needs trimmed up a bit.
He got it mounted up again, but my camera battery was low so I didn't catch a pic of that this time.

Wonder what direction this build will go...
-