The Devil's in the Details...

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
frizzen
bitDisciple

The Devil's in the Details...

Post by frizzen »

Some of you might happen to remember a little deal that started to go down last year.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=9411
I took delivery of a couple cars from a rather hot looking man with an impressive wingspan, and he just said I'd find out my end of the bargain later...

Well, fast forward to a couple days ago. I'm sitting in the garage wiping the dust off a couple cars, and I hear a really WICKED exhaust note that sounds like it's getting closer. A few seconds later I hear it drop to an idle, and hear the most badass horn ever. Ofcourse, I immediately go for the garage door opener!

A deep red Pontiac Goat Judge gently rolls forward into the garage, drivers door kicks open, and the driver slowly steps out...

"Hey son, remember our deal? Well, you might not know I like to wheel... I need a capible rig that can't be a pig. You're gonna help me build it. I want you to find a donor for the start of the project. I'll be back tomorrow."
_______

This thread was inspired by RCCrawler.com member Mnster and Jim... http://206.180.232.134/forum/showthread.php?t=30646
Last edited by frizzen on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

The next day, he shows up again.

He gives it the once over... "It's kinda cool. Nice enough for most I suppose, it's just not the one for this project. See ya tomorrow kid."
-
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Are you sure you don't live in Georgia? Or own and fiddles?

Seriously though, I love that hummer. Is that a regular zz chassis (2wd?) with bigger tires and a lifted body?
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

It's actually a little closer to a 4runner, Charg-n-Go clone from Walgreen / Menards. Not in Georgia, but my family does have a couple fiddles somewhere...
---

Next day, he rolls up again.

"That deal was a steal, so ya better have something cool to wheel."

He sees the contents of the garage today...

"Wel boy, it's a step in the right direction. You might have guessed, I do have a thing for the flames. Just not sure I could see myself in it though, let's see what you come up with tomorrow."
-
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I dig that mini truck, but then you know I'm a sucka for flames. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Wow, Love the garage!
Very nice, do you perhaps have more pics of that? Both trucks are cool and what a way to show them off :-o
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Next day, same thing.

"Your last couple rigs weren't bad, but they weren't to be had. What's todays setup?"

I pop the garage door, he pulls his Goat in, gets out, and takes a look...

"You're gonna make me get my own chassis for this project, aren't you?"
-
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

He still hasn't decided on a body or chassis. Still bugging me about getting one of my completed ZZ-M projects. :-? But the deal was a build, not a gift. I'll let him help me build one, on whatever chassis; (Dirty)Bit, ZZ, ZZSE, C&G, ZZ-M...

He really wanted something that'd look good as a convertible, HMMWVs have too low of headroom with the top up so the cage would look bad, Jeep TJ / YJ / JK bodies are so rare you can forget that, Trucks just look stupid topless, and I don't want to scratch build the entire thing. That pretty well kills off the ZZ-M chassis as as option. Most Bits and Zip bodies were cars, and I was never really all about the whole 'Tars' and 'Crucks' look; I might go truggy, but not the others if I can help it.

I really think he'd like that C&G wagon or truck if he'd give them a chance. We could have him Ridin' Dirtybit in one of those pretty quick, then pimp it into a scaler, and it'll be a lot more scale than a ZZ-M ever could.

Sure this thread was going to be a fake build thread for my Ram Scaler, but a real build would do it more justice. What do you guys think, should I keep pushing him that way?
-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hey Frizz, I know you've been havng fun with this but if the tiny red guy starts talking outloud... well, wait, let me ask you this; has a doctor ever given you some little speckeled pills? because I'd be willing to start a fund raiser to buy you some more of them :-)

Anyway, those look great. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Sidewinder, well I have been seeing a psychologist for quite a while... We're hoping to move in together soon. :lol:

--
He rolls up again, pulls into the garage, climbs out and starts to go into yet another of those stupid rhymes...

I interrupt and throw keys to him "You're not getting a ZZ-M. Especially not my Ram Scaler (which really needs a project name!), I don't care how well you can stand next to it. It's mine, you didn't put any work toward it, you don't deserve something like that yet."

*Wavy line fade back to the memory of this pic*
*Fade back to now in tiny the garage*

"Now, shut up, get in. It only has bluetack for a harness so far, deal with it. You wanted details, this will take them best without looking out of scale. If you don't like it, your semi is around back loaded up and you can go to hell for all I care. You want offroad wheels, that's my deal."

It's a Charge&Go, adjusted rollbar for better cab protection, opened wheelwells, opened windows, touched up paint, trimmed chassis dangly plastic.. Now that you're in it a driver, and a very crapful picture.

Once he got inside, his opinion of the little truck seemed to change...
-
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Like all the work you did the trucks are great (esp. like the last one!). I also like the Garage can I send you mine to finish up for me????
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

The garage came with a 1/43 scale Viper GTS, and many many 1/43 scale tools, it was an Estes "Great Garages" model display kit.
My Garage assembly consisted of "open box, sticker, sticker, sticker, assemble 2 walls to base" The tools haven't been put in the garage yet... You could send me your garage, but it'd be put in line after my ZZ Hearse I started back in like 2004, which has an estimated completion date of "the tuesday after hell goes endothermic" :(
-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

frizzen wrote: endothermic :(
Now that's a $10 word! Very cool...but then again I'm a sucker for Thermochemistry :shock:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

sidewinder wrote:
frizzen wrote: endothermic :(
Now that's a $10 word! Very cool...but then again I'm a sucker for Thermochemistry :shock:
Would that then make you a Thermophile? Are you a obligate or facultative thermophiles, Yah know Obligate Thermophiles are known to be "Extream Thermophiles"!! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
frizzen
bitDisciple

*** 500 points to Sidewinder and SWG for knowing! ***

Post by frizzen »

I make a subtle joke most people don't know or care about enough to find funny, and you took it and ran with it. You guys nerded up my thread. :-?

That's so nerdy, it only gets a pic of a BONE STOCK ride for this update!

Notice the mass produced 3 for $12 sticker, and the unmolested plastic sealing band on the bullet.

Here was one of the other REJECTED rides I'd offered. personally, I kinda liked it.

-