Avoid the Uniblue Process Quick Link

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Avoid the Uniblue Process Quick Link

Post by sidewinder »

I put this in breaking news because I do not find this funny or (for me) unrelated; I know technically this is the wrong place but I'm so pissed I can't bring myself to put in any category that has funny in it.

I downloaded Uniblue's Process Quick Link this morning, I found it recommended on the Kim Komando website so I figured it should be good. Well, it crashed the computer, not only did it crash it but when I did get it restarted it corrupted my wireless driver so I couldn't connect to the net. More than one program was corrupted so nothing worked, it even kept me from using the system restore. I used my father's laptop and searched to see if others were having problems; of course they were. After restarting in safe mode and removing the program everything seems to be working again... a whole day shot, and I'm kind of afraid to shut down the computer again, but since it's a laptop that I take with me every day I guess I have to. I'm really hoping that there are no lasting effects. Anyway, I have other programs from Uniblue on the hard drive and they've never given me problems; but definitely avoid this piece of crap. Oh, BTW I'm still on Xp so I don't know if it does the same thing to Vista.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand