HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM bettyK ????

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
DarkTari
bitPimp

HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM bettyK ????

Post by DarkTari »

With all the brush fires in the Outback, has anyone heard from our Pimps down under ??????

Roll Call
1. bettyK
2. 45tr0
3.ph2t
4.shypo
betty.k
bitPimp

Re: HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM bettyK ????

Post by betty.k »

i'm good, safely in suburbia :-o
ph2t should be ok where he is too.

but we've had the worst bushfire season ever down here. there's been some fucken tragedies.

my girlfriend is just on the cusp of the areas that were burnt to nothing, she saw smoke on sunday and threw everything of value (well, most of it) into the car and came to my place as fast as she could. she and her son were crapping their pants!
fortunately they have a home to go to thanks to the tireless efforts of the cfa (country fire authority). and i wanna stress that members of the cfa are volunteers, we can't thank them enough. whata buncha legends!

at this stage there are 170 dead, most of which died in their cars trying to escape the flames. some of the most awful stories you'll ever hear, i know most of you are parents so i'll hold back on the details. (there's no emoticon for this shit)

as awful as it is down here, there are some amazingly terrifying photo's available

thanks for thinking about us dt :-)
i used to be cool
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Good to know you guys & friends are doin well. I've heard the horror stories thru news interviews....
Then there's suspected arson in some of them !!!!! WTF ????
I hope that anyone who would start something like this got caught up in it !! For Real !
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yeah, unfortunately a good portion of these fires were deliberately lit. as you can imagine, those affected by the fires would disregard the law if they get hold of the arseholes that started that shit.

and the cops would probably turn a blind eye too.

"sorry sarge, i was looking the other way at the time. didn't see nuthin'" :innocent:
i used to be cool
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I saw a "small" forest fire once... terrifying. Glad to here you're ok.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

sidewinder wrote:I saw a "small" forest fire once... terrifying. Glad to here you're ok.
The thing that makes Australian bushfires so dangerous is the amount of leaf litter and debris that the forest accumulates each year - up to 3 tons per hectare to a maximum of around 30 Ton!

These little towns where people have been killed are literally surrounded by millions of tons of highly flammable material, Without regular controlled burns, it's like a tinderbox down there. But the government has avoided doing anything about regular burns for years now.

And then the politicians stand around saying "how could this happen"... :???:
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That's why California has a "fire season." The retards won't let them do controlled burns for all sorts of reasons, "it might kill a snail darter," or "think of how much carbon that will put into the air." I swear it's time to start hanging politicians...sounds like it's a worldwide need.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

I know a couple other people in oz. one by melbourne and the other vic. the fires are about ten k from one place and they can see the smoke from the other place.

this shit's too nuts.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Fire is no fuckin joke. It can get real fuckin bad and it can get that way real fuckin fast.

Don't try to save your shit, but just pack what'll fit in the truck and hit the road if there's one left... :shock: Be safe fellas. We get some fires down here too, but not like OZ or Cali.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

45tr0, Good to hear you're okay Pimp !
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

DT - i'm a good 2000 miles away from the fires, but i've got mates on the land rover forum that have lost everything - house, business, and for one, his collection of rare land rovers and ex-military vehicles. Sounds petty to mention when so many have died, but is in his late 60's and has been gathering them since his teens.

The fire was so hot that all of the aluminium components (body panels, engine parts, the lot) melted and ran down the driveway like water, then cooled hard.

Still - just glad to have their health.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"