Never piss off your mechanic.

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Never piss off your mechanic.

Post by sidewinder »

A couple of years ago I needed the motor replaced in a Taurus I had. I used to do this stuff myself but I'm getting old and lazy so I went to a local garage...they wanted nearly 2K to put in a motor that I'd already sourced. The car wasn't worth that much and I was about to scrap it, then my friend Dave--who lived in a Cleveland suburb--told me he knew a couple of guys who did auto repairs cheap if you paid cash. They were just out of prison and they couldn't get real jobs so they opened a shop in the one guys garage. Towing, labor, and miscellaneous parts all came to the grand total of $750. I was thrilled to know that I had a new cheap mechanic on hand.

Well, it only lasted a few months before two out of the three ended up back in jail for armed robbery. I hadn't thought of them since...until today when I saw this headline. :sad: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,570855,00.html I couldn't remember the name, but that picture looks exactly right. So now it looks like all three are back in jail, I gotta get in touch with Dave and see if this is the same guy.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Re: Never piss off your mechanic.

Post by Murdoch »

jesus sidewinder.. and I thought I knew some weird people.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

On the plus side, if it is the same guy, he did a hell of a job on the car; and it would explain the smell in the trunk. :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

this whole story would sound better in April.
if it was the same guy ... you got off easy
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The early reports were wrong, he only killed women...so unless he caught me on a Wednesday... :???:

I have two friends that swear this is the same dude though.