Breaking News.....

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

payaso wrote: Degrees = Dick (unless you're in the medical, or law field.)
silla :D
Or Engineering, Right? cause us dumb-asses with a couple of degree's can't be ?...ummmm...

-nox
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Son_Gokou wrote:I myself am indian (from India, not native american) and some bitch-fuckers like to take advantage of the fact that my background is from the east, and call me osama. I was eatin a white cocunut meringue cookie one time, (meringue cookies are basically just dry and hard), and this black guy, tall and FAT, asked me for one. I gave him one, and he crushed it into a powder in his hand, and said "Whatchoo tryin to do to me boy? Is this anthrax? You trying to poison me, indian terrorist boy???" And today he brought it up, 4-5 months after that incident, and told everyone.

These guys at my school are a perfect example of LIARS....They will slander my background, say things such as "Hey A.J., how's uncle osama?" and a bunch of SHIT!!!!!!! In fact, you wanna know about my race's accomplishments? First off, did you know about the time they....*gets slapped in the face with hogjowlz's trout*......never mind....gotta stay on the topic....
tell em to be real careful when they open their locker
But, payaso....I don't get what you mean by the teachers at my school lying about how getting good grades can affect your career. I mean, for god sakes, a guy who has F's and D's in his math classes all the time can't exactly become an html designer or a code-hacker!
i dropped out of school at 15 and have worked in some very priveledged positions. it's all down to attitude and work ethic. i get what you're saying, jimmy the idiot boy probably won't be an air traffic controller, but it's not a rule. einstein was told in school that he would never amount to much! the most important talent you can possess is the ability to learn, drop me in any job and i'll do pretty well.
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

noxorc wrote:
Or Engineering, Right? cause us dumb-asses with a couple of degree's can't be ?...ummmm...

-nox
Yeah, I should've been more specific about that. There are a good amount of worthy degrees out there to be obtained, but not all of them are worth the paper they're written on..

I know the stuff you do is up there, or I wouldn't be typing this. :grin:

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

payaso wrote:
noxorc wrote:

-nox
Yeah, I should've been more specific about that. There are a good amount of worthy degrees out there to be obtained, but not all of them are worth the paper they're written on..

I know the stuff you do is up there, or I wouldn't be typing this. :grin:

Silla's back peddling....

Sadly, Albert Einstein could not teach high school Physics in Massachusetts.
He does not have enough degrees.

-nox
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

While I have a university degree, I still don't have my high school diploma. I earned it and all, they just never gave it to me. I was always late to school, so I'd park in the teacher's parking lot that was right next to my first period class. They gave me a couple hundred dollars worth of parking tickets, and I had a bunch of other fines for things like lost textbooks and riding my Vespa through the halls. I said screw em, so they still have their piece of paper. No one's ever asked me to see it (or the college degree, for that matter).
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

:-( highschool drop-out - no college
went all 12/13 years, just wasn't going to bow down to bullshit and take another semester.
I told my teacher to "shut the fuck - suck my dick" and slammed her door so hard her pictures fell off the wall.
she didn't like that, neither did the school board.
my passing grade was dropped to just below failing and I was kicked out of school.
I tried to fight it, but the school board stuck to their guns. I dropped out and went and took my GED the next month and passed with a 98%.

The rest is history.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

well i gradjeated highschool(barely) i had to take english in nightschool and still barely made it. college? a few semesters. i was going for computers and ended up being the class goto person so i dropped out and got a job being the goto person.

i am supposed to have at least an associates for my current job. most people i work with who went to college aint that smart.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

CaboWabo wrote::-( highschool drop-out - no college
went all 12/13 years, just wasn't going to bow down to bullshit and take another semester.
I told my teacher to "shut the fuck - suck my dick" and slammed her door so hard her pictures fell off the wall.
she didn't like that, neither did the school board.
my passing grade was dropped to just below failing and I was kicked out of school.
I tried to fight it, but the school board stuck to their guns. I dropped out and went and took my GED the next month and passed with a 98%.

The rest is history.

Quitter...

I'm on my 15th year at Harvard...I'm the janitor.

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

payaso wrote:Quitter...

rehab's for quitters - my zipper got stuck, that's all :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

SuperFly wrote:... No one's ever asked me to see it (or the college degree, for that matter).
I hear ya..

It's a line or two on a resume.

-nox

ps. it's good for the pRents...they feel proud.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I figure it's like a receipt for about $40k.

FWIW, I learned more about what I do in my first year of working in the field than the 4 years of school learning about it. However, there's nothing wrong with education, and I learned plenty of stuff that is unrelated to my day job, but invaluable knowledge nonetheless.

It's totally true that a large number of people in college are there just because it seemed like a fun thing to do after high school and their parents are paying for it. Hell, it beats working, and you can hardly fault them for taking it if it's offered. You can fault them for not taking advantage of an opportunity that not everyone gets and doing something useful with it. I know tons of people who even graduated from college and don't do anything remotely related to their degree.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I went upto the 10th grade (still hold the record for skip days), becuase I missed so many days and blew off the finals they failed me (the bastards) so when faced with a second round of 10th grade I said fuck it and dropped out. I went to vermont to take my ged test a few months later (NY made ya wait a year where as vermont didn't) passed it with flying colors and finished 2 hrs ahead of the alloted time. I started college a couple of years later, quit that shit too. After seeing how many people were vying for the few jobs a fine arts degree could snag, I gave up and concentrated on a "real" job. (ie. anything that paid me) I've owned my own bussiness and it ran well for a lil over 3yrs (a deli in one of the malls here) and am doing okay now as a butcher. I've owned 3 homes here and still own a 3 floor home in turkey which has marble floors and stairways. (yeah bitches I said white marble) I think I'm doing fine with out a degree and I know I can survive just about anything. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

I dropped out in the tenth grade to make money{ both of my parents were disabled} and cruise for hot chicks.
I got my G.E.D. when I was 20 . I have gone from flippin burgers at wendys to making $60 grand a year for JOHN DEERE and worked myself out of job there { we lost everything ,house ,cars , you name it}and then started to building custom harleys and do internet auctions and other things.If I stayed in school I could be making more money as doctor or lawyer but then I would miss out hangin with the pimps and my biker family. I own my own home , 2 harleys and property in az and owe no one anything for any of it { I don't use credit , due to it being screwed when I lost my job with jd}, we pay cash for everything with no records for the government to track us with.All in all my life is pretty good without going to college.
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

betty.k wrote:
Son_Gokou wrote:I myself am indian (from India, not native american) and some bitch-fuckers like to take advantage of the fact that my background is from the east, and call me osama. I was eatin a white cocunut meringue cookie one time, (meringue cookies are basically just dry and hard), and this black guy, tall and FAT, asked me for one. I gave him one, and he crushed it into a powder in his hand, and said "Whatchoo tryin to do to me boy? Is this anthrax? You trying to poison me, indian terrorist boy???" And today he brought it up, 4-5 months after that incident, and told everyone.

These guys at my school are a perfect example of LIARS....They will slander my background, say things such as "Hey A.J., how's uncle osama?" and a bunch of SHIT!!!!!!! In fact, you wanna know about my race's accomplishments? First off, did you know about the time they....*gets slapped in the face with hogjowlz's trout*......never mind....gotta stay on the topic....
#1: tell em to be real careful when they open their locker
But, payaso....I don't get what you mean by the teachers at my school lying about how getting good grades can affect your career. I mean, for god sakes, a guy who has F's and D's in his math classes all the time can't exactly become an html designer or a code-hacker!
#2:i dropped out of school at 15 and have worked in some very priveledged positions. it's all down to attitude and work ethic. i get what you're saying, jimmy the idiot boy probably won't be an air traffic controller, but it's not a rule. einstein was told in school that he would never amount to much! the most important talent you can possess is the ability to learn, drop me in any job and i'll do pretty well.
#1: LMFAO...never thought of that

#2: Yeah, I guess that just because you spin out in a race on the corner from the 1st place doesn't mean it can't be swung past the finish line :smile:
payaso wrote:Quitter...

LMFAO.....2nd time :smile:

[pre-edit] I just saw filelicker's post (was using another window to take the quotes from and paste in here, when it reloaded, saw his)

This reminds me of a question I had to ask: Sure, you can drop out of high school and all....but getting a job has some requirements, like diplomas and all that crap. So, how can dropping out let you get a GOOD job? I mean, my parents are always telling me I have potential to do great, and let me tell you....I'm pretty damn good at math...Well, in my class at least. So, can't I grow up to fit into a job that requires good math knowledge, say, circuit board engineering and shit like that? I mean, we've seen ph2t talk about circuit board schematics in the Weird Science sections of the forums....(hey ph2t, in high school, weren't you a math wiz? I mean, quoting you from the SE fet thread: "Yes, my mates always thought I was a nerd and they still do!" So, you were a math wiz...doesn't that come in handy for your electronic stuff?)

But, your stories are your stories....I'll forge my own path in life, and see how that turns out.
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

There was alot between the burgers and JD , I sold wholesale import auto parts on the road ,detailed cars , worked for hewlett packard , did security ,spent time in military prison, professionally restored antique cars , went to nursing school , I have done just about everything, you start low in a company and as they see your potential and intelligence they promote you and there you go. I did n't start out making big money at JD , I started making $5 an hour but in 2 years time I was promoted many times and was making big money.If you act like a dick and are smart you will go nowhwere just like if you are nice but stupid . You need to leave a good impression and be intelligent , you will do well.
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.