You want it,you got it...

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
I AM
bitThug

Post by I AM »

Answers but before i start....can we stop all the hate? We are talking about cars that I nor YOU own and have no vested intereest in Crazy Dave and others that feel compelled to attack.

I AM has no commercials here.
I AM has no ads here.
I AM has no links to ads here.
I AM didnt start this thread STAMPEDE MAN did. Had he not we wouldnt even be talking about these cars.
I AM didnt know about the Panther first...so why come at me like i discovered or built them myself.

Cool down hombre.

Crazy dave you specifically said :
Now if you're gonna purposely manipulate your review to make yourself the clear winner, then I'm gonna rapidly lose interest.
What am i winning? I have no vested interest in these cars. I dont have any promotional here. Ive recouped my cost plus some already thats why im not advertising all over the block. A review is simply an opinion.

No offense man but your interest isnt important to me because im not selling you anything. Panther Chariot manafacturers need your interest. Hobbico needs your interest. Radio Shack needs your interest. Not me. Stop the unfounded hate. If you have a specific issue with me MAN UP and ask me about it. I would.

Crazy Dave said specifically:
That's exactly the kind of thing that makes me want to avoid ebay sellers.

I don't buy into hype, when you come back with some facts, and not just poorly expressed opinions, I might be interested again. (You don't care about tires? What kind of dumbass statement was that?)
Did you know ive been a member here since March 2003 ? Ive been a member here, Tiny RC , MRRC and We Got U for a LONG time. IF your under the impression that im some johnny come lately selling shit on a stick your grossly mistaken. I SELL on Ebay (and you can clearly see that CARS arent what i sell on EBAY anyway). I post about cars on forums. You avoiding EBAY has nothing to do with me and is completely off topic. G Funk stated you guys were going in on a large purchase here....i tossed in some info on how to save on shipping cost. Exactly what have i dont to warrant the BS your poppin' off about? If you can find a sales link or ANY link where ive been promoting the sales of Panther cars on Bit Pimps do it. Other wise...stop with the hate. Its just unfounded at this point.

Now you did have a valid question or 2 in your post including :
You don't care about tires? What kind of dumbass statement was that?

Most of the guys at Bit Pimps arent the run of the mill newb micro collector. Im no different in that regard. I have owned or own Epochs, every micro under the sun and a few large scale rc's as well. Ive stretched chassies, casted bodies, dual and triple celled, built stand alone chargers etc , eetc, etc. This is more of a modders forum. Most of us have a more than a few spare cars (clones or ZZ's or Sizers/Char G;s) layin around with parts like tires. EASY SWAP. Its not something i base my entire purchase on because they are easily accessible from salvaged cars in my (or any average bit pimps ) collection. The Panther Chariots tires are adequate / good but i dont really care about them as i have other tires.

Will you dispute that?

I dont know why thats dumbass to you but hey..you asked.

Crazy Dave:
Quote:
Impressive considering it isn’t propo. It actually makes you THINK its propo
I like to know what that means. Can you elaborate?
Sure...the steering combined with the proportional throttle allows for very smooth handling. Because you can decreas and increase speed at will the control around corners is quite nice .... almost as smooth as "propo control" (based upon my experiences with multiple Epochs and Mini Z's). Its no where near that neighborhood but its deceptive. Add to the fact that the only cars that ive seen that can turn from left to right while standing still on carpet have been true propo cars and the Panther can is a testimony to its quality strength in response. No stutterign just solid smooth left right snap.

Crazy Dave asked Specifically :
Quote:
Ive owned 3. Torino , Chevelle and Audi TT. The Panther smoked the Audi TT as it simply didn’t respond the way it was supposed to.

Well the Torino and Chevelles I've encounter steer fine, but I realize you didn't actually compare to them, you just said it smoked the TT.
Did you read that whole part. Its kinda lengthy so if you didnt i understand.
Yes it smoked the TT in all round performance not just speed in my opinion. The Chevelle and Torino are different beast altogether.
If the newer SEs have fixed steering, (which BTW I think works great), and these panthers aren't not proportional, then I think that makes the SE the clear winner.
I would slightly disagree. Slightly. I suppose this depends on what type of racing you do. For instance the propo throttle allows for great manipulation around corners but not as great as a stock multi stepped ZZSE with no glitches. On the other hand the Panther would murder the ZZSE due to its massive speed superiority combined with the control of it. We arent just talking a drag race on straights. To be able to slowly or quickly hit corners at precise speed and jam up a straight cant be under rated. Now give me a ZZSE with fetts adn no steering issues and id agree with you but i already said that in the review.
And furthermore, when I'm making laps on my track, I'm almost always full throttle. I personally find proportional steering to help lap times much more than a proportional throttle.
Thats you. I cant argue with HOW you race...I will say that i also almost always race on full throttle...on less technical tracks. But i never race on circles (NASCAR style). What does that mean to me? Less technical (circles or straights) superior speed wins. Mid level id say that speed CONTROL wins. Technical PROPO control wins. all day every day as experienced with my Epoch. Thast my OPINION.

Now Hog....you said:
ill wait til they make it to the malls i think. 14$ or 2 for 20 this xmas i bet.

Now thats the type of talk i can understand. Im not shelling anything here. They may or may not hit the malls but if you want to wait shit by all means. Im a deal chaser to.

25bucks + shipping or 2 for 60. what you planning on charging for shipping?
As far as selling them on Ebay my shipping will be @7 (5-7) for individual units. 2@60 includes shipping. Right now its 5 but it may go up to seven depending upon whether or not the shipping boxes are in stock outside the post office. I didnt get into that here as im not trying to make a commercial thread here.
a box with a bit in it costs about $1.70 to ship from here to florida so were you planning on charging more than 5bucks to ship? lol
Funny you should say that because as of right now my shipping IS no more than 5 bucks. Odd isnt it? Now in regard to using a Bit as an eample...I ship every day. Every day. Unless you shipped that bit in an envelope with minimal to no padding (who does that ?) your not shipping it for 1.70. Now add to the fact that these are coming in a box ..thats inside of a box that needs to be paid for lol. But hey moot point as the shipping is 5 bucks as you guessed correctly.

and agreed with crazy dave, id give up propo speed for a good steering(i dont agree that the newer ses have good steering. still buggy nomatter what) anyday.
And id agree with you 2 also...most of the time. If the steering is consistent then yeah..i would. The Chevelles / Torinos were about 90% on target. Hell ..98%..but based upon what ive seen of the Panthers i wouldnt take a ZZSE stock over a Panther. The control doesnt match the speed. Ill take good control and excelent speed over great control with lagging speed. Racing isnt usually an obstacle course ya know? Thats me from first hand experience with both.

Quote:
Keep this in mind...in regard to value....ZZSE 30-40 before taxes.

Ummm where do you buy your SEs? Last time I checked they were on sale at RS for $14.99 ......
Damn. Didnt know that. Thats a good deal. $15 bucks for a chevelle or torino is an excellent deal. After the fet mod cost it still wouldnt top 35 and thats DAMN good. If i could find a ZZSE with no glitches and great steering for 15 bucks i would rate the panther a solid second AFTER fet mods. Other wise tied with a $15 dollar stock zzse. But only if $15 bucks.

So in conclusion...stop the hate. I dont dislike ZZ's... shit i was there biggest fan at one point and still do like them a lot. Im not shelling out 30-40 us for a glitch free turtle (and definitely not for a GLITCHY MASTA') though. $15 YES...30-40 NO. Not when i can get a Dual celled propo controlled car that RUNS like a propo controlled car without soldering or sending it out of the country for less. When they are fett modded stock or i dont have to break out a soldering iron to the board then im with ya all the way.

But what the hell it doesnt matter anyway...i have my cars and im happy.
"Most of my life is a constant struggle with inanimate objects."
Gfunk
bitThug

Post by Gfunk »

Bird wrote:Besides, hog is right... these Panthers will be all over the place CHEAP by Christmas...
They are cheap now if you want to go with the group buy.

Even if these Don't have propo steering though, I would still rather have them over a ZZ SE. Why? For one, SE bodies are raised up like a stinking monster truck. Then the board is pretty darn high. Also, these obviously have larger batterys in them, so you can have longer runtime. And there isn't all the clutter and crap down inside the chassis, these are certainly alot more simple, and without the steering motor and pot, I'm guessing these are lighter for better handling.

I guess I just don't see why you guys are comming down so hard on I AM. He did all this research and gave what I believe is an honest review. Sure, you may not like his opinions, but they are just that, opinions, and he is entitled to them.

My friend and I are still each interested in a set of 4, because I certainly wanna check these things out before I bash 'em.
-=GfµnK=-
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Gfunk wrote:
Bird wrote:Besides, hog is right... these Panthers will be all over the place CHEAP by Christmas...
They are cheap now if you want to go with the group buy.

Even if these Don't have propo steering though, I would still rather have them over a ZZ SE. Why? For one, SE bodies are raised up like a stinking monster truck. Then the board is pretty darn high. Also, these obviously have larger batterys in them, so you can have longer runtime. And there isn't all the clutter and crap down inside the chassis, these are certainly alot more simple, and without the steering motor and pot, I'm guessing these are lighter for better handling.

I guess I just don't see why you guys are comming down so hard on I AM. He did all this research and gave what I believe is an honest review. Sure, you may not like his opinions, but they are just that, opinions, and he is entitled to them.

My friend and I are still each interested in a set of 4, because I certainly wanna check these things out before I bash 'em.
Dude....buy some and give us pics and a review. you can get them on Ebay for 35 bones a piece.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
I AM
bitThug

Post by I AM »

can you ...where...

I have one up for 25 plus shipping so if theres another person out there thats good to know. Thats means everybody can stop speculating and check them out for themselves via plentiful supply.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

I AM wrote:can you ...where...

I have one up for 25 plus shipping so if theres another person out there thats good to know. Thats means everybody can stop speculating and check them out for themselves via plentiful supply.
You are right, thanks for correcting me. That auction is over....with no bids.

First you had them up for this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

35 bones and no bids.

Now you have them up for this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5912390490
BOURBON TIME OUT!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

so you paid what maybe 8 bucks a piece for them?

and you are full of shit to tell me that a box with a micro rc in it costs 5bucks to ship.
I AM
bitThug

Post by I AM »

No prob Sdog. I thought somone else had them up also.

Hog...wtf is your issue man? Do you havea bone to pick with me that s NON car related or what? If so SPEAK up? E-mail me . PM me. TELL ME homie. I dont mince words.
and you are full of shit to tell me that a box with a micro rc in it costs 5bucks to ship
I ship every day. EVERY DAY. Theres not one day i dont ship a package. I specialize in sending small packages. I didnt say it cost 5 bucks to send a micro rc alone. I said to send a Micro RC in its BOX inside another SHIPPING box. A shipping box cost money. Shipping a product IN a shipping box cost MORE money. Example : Shipping a ZZSE might cost you ..whatever...8 bucks. If you BUY a shipping box instead its going to cost you 8 plus the cost of the shipping box.

Using your example with the micro rc car alone. If you put a 2 gram micro rc body/chassis in a mail envelope and send it to what...florida...it will cost you 1.71. Your Canadian so you KNOW this man. Its shipped letter mail because it fits through a slot. If you put a new micro rc in its original box in a package its not going to go letter mail as it doesnt fit in a slot anymore. And unless you wrap it in newspaper which i dont cause iwouldnt want some shit sent to me in newspaper it becomes small packet. Small packet has a different rate.

I dont LISTEN to people talk about shipping I SHIP every day. And if the only thing you can bitch about out of this WHOLE thread is why my shipping is five bucks....

I just reread what you said again...

Hypothetically if you put a micro rc by itself (chassis alone) in a box its STILL going to cost you about three - five bucks and thats ASSUMING you didnt buy the box in the first place.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

no dickweed im not talking about dropping a car in an envelope. shipping is done by weight not bulk. boxes cost what 30cents in bulk? oh ya 2 bucks for a huge bag of packing peanuts.

lol

the beef i have with you is coming here and trying to rip us off.
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

Uh...all that counting make me tired head. Me not good with numbers.

I want in for four cars please.

Hasta luego.
chewy
bitThug

Post by chewy »

If the newer SEs have fixed steering, (which BTW I think works great), and these panthers aren't not proportional, then I think that makes the SE the clear winner.
zzSE's arent true propo. I've driven a normal oldschool zipzap with my superslick controller and it Proformed almost as if it was truely propo.
so you paid what maybe 8 bucks a piece for them?

and you are full of shit to tell me that a box with a micro rc in it costs 5bucks to ship.
Shipping isn't much. These ARE micro rc cars. They dont way all that much. I got a miniz my digiq In one package from hawaii(sp) and it cost him $5.53 s&h to send it to NJ.

Why do people think he is bullshitting about this review? Even dennisL said they kick ass Is he bullshitting too?

And I don't see how He is trying to rip us off. They are worth as much as he's selling them for.
Last edited by chewy on Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is back.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Man, I read through ALL the pages and started getting ideas about offering to 'front' the cash to be the guy to buy the big stack of Panthers and distribute in the group buy.

...UNTIL I read:
Steering: Impressive considering it isn’t propo...
My dick just went limp like seeing CaboWabo in a dress. ALL SEs at RadioShack are currently on Clearance for $14.99 man (that includes the Chevelle, GTO and Torinos, that have the 'fixed' steering).

The Panther might be the pinacle of what you can do with magnet based steering, but it's still pretender to the throne...The SEs ARE propo and now their CHEAPER than regular ZZs!! If speed is the only real factor in keeping the Panther in league with STOCK SEs, then ya FET the SE and it's no contest.

To be clear, this is NOT an attack on I AM. The only criticism I have for you is that you didn't come forward sooner to let people know that the Panther is only propo acceleration (not steering).

And just for a little filler for folks on how to find a 'fixed' steering SE:
- Look at the bottom of the chassis, older generation SEs have a screw under the steering motor...The new generations do NOT (easy to see in package, car doesn't have to be out)
- Look at the endbell on the motor, the older generations have a 'regular' motor with the endbell looking a little like an 'S'...The newer generation has an endbell that looks like a big 'blob' of solder (way more surface area to make contact with the motor mount)
- Older generation SEs have part numbers that end in 7026 to the low 7030s...the new generations are 7037 and up

For the most part, the Chevelles, Torinos and especially the GTOs are basically all new generations.
Last edited by Namuna on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bitThug

Post by chewy »

welcome to bitpimps. if you dont like it, delete your cookies.
Last edited by chewy on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

I AM wrote:No prob Sdog. I thought somone else had them up also.
Nah....just you man.

Here is how I see it I AM. I can't blame a guy for trying to make a buck...and I hope you do make a few bucks for seeing an opportunity and taking the initiative to act on it. Anybody would. I give you props for being such a shrewd business man.

However, I was annoyed by all of the secretive bullshit...not just by you, but by others as well. I come to this forum to gather information on a hobby and contribute information when I can.

Now on to what you charge for these things...

You can charge whatever you like, its your perogative. Supply...demand....blah blah blah. I just hope you aren't ripping off a bunch of overly eager kids and their parents who don't know any better. $35 bucks, $25 bucks, whatever....not my $25 bucks.

You could argue that the buyer should educate themselves in order to make an informed purchase, which is actually what we did here at bitpimps on this thread. I took the initiative to find out how much these Panthers cost, because I was interested in them, but wasn't willing to put out 35 bones for them... and decided to share that info. Now we all have the correct info. in order to make an informed consumer decision. Welcome to bitpimps yall.

Oh...BTW... I also give you props for giving up the info about these panthers not having propo steering...I think just about everyone was under the impression they did.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
Gfunk
bitThug

Post by Gfunk »

Well, if anyone is still interested, I could be the one to buy the 48 pack and send them out to the people who want packs of 4, or less if need bem but I believe we have a total of 12 people interested (or atleast had). However, realizing shipping 48 of those things from somewhere overseas is going to cost a pretty penny, so I'd say $30 per pack of 4. That's HALF the price of an SE, so if you are willing to live with bam/bam steering, but want real smooth acceleration and lower bodies, ect. just let me know. If I can have 10 more people (my friend and I make 2 orders) PM me then saying you would be willing to paypal (or get the money to me somehow) $30 for 4 of these fine cars. I will even pay the shipping costs to get them out to YOU (as long as your in the continental US) because I'm so willing to promote these things.
-=GfµnK=-
chewy
bitThug

Post by chewy »

I am a pretty little girl in my flowered sundress.
Last edited by chewy on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.