You want it,you got it...

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
Gfunk
bitThug

Post by Gfunk »

Sorry to double post, but I've got a friend who wants me to put him down for numba 7. Past halfway folks!

Oh, and his 4 could be sent with my 4 when they were shipped out. Does anyone have any idea when you could pick up a case and start shipping them out to people? And what about frequencies, do you guys have any idea how many will be able to run together?
-=GfµnK=-
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Oh WTH, I'll be #8.

Hey you guys know, my wife's set up to open her own online store, so she's got that tax liscense #, you usually need to get wholesale rates.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
chewy
bitThug

Post by chewy »

are we claiming which person gets what car?

if so i get the 2nd to last right on the bottom row. :smile:
Is back.
Gfunk
bitThug

Post by Gfunk »

chewysk8er911 wrote:are we claiming which person gets what car?

No, we are just claiming order #'s in a group buy to get one of those 48 count packs to same money. We are aiming to have 12 people each pay $20-$25 (probably $25 to cover shipping and stuff) for 4 of the cars. I'm guessing that the body styles are just going to be whatever is sent to you, or maybe just one of each of 4 body styles, in whatever color the guy who gets the large 48 count pack.

It's late, and I can't think correctly, so I'm not sure if that is understandable or not... I hope so though.
-=GfµnK=-
chewy
bitThug

Post by chewy »

Gfunk wrote:
chewysk8er911 wrote:are we claiming which person gets what car?

No, we are just claiming order #'s in a group buy to get one of those 48 count packs to same money. We are aiming to have 12 people each pay $20-$25 (probably $25 to cover shipping and stuff) for 4 of the cars. I'm guessing that the body styles are just going to be whatever is sent to you, or maybe just one of each of 4 body styles, in whatever color the guy who gets the large 48 count pack.

It's late, and I can't think correctly, so I'm not sure if that is understandable or not... I hope so though.
well then count me in! (#9) but I dont have 25 bucks at the moment!
spent it on all my hoes! :-?
Is back.
LoRDDeVO2
bitThug

Post by LoRDDeVO2 »

Stick me in at Number #10 I am good for it :) ask payaso :)
I AM
bitThug

Post by I AM »

Preface: I know I caught a lot of heat from friends and strangers alike for not writing a review but needless to say this one has been sitting on the block for some time now. As I mentioned before my hands were tied…I told somebody who trusted me that I wouldn’t issue a review before him as it was semi important to him for his own reasons. The bottom line is I gave my word and if I cant keep my word to the people that trust me WHATS MY WORTH? Ill take the heat and keep a down homie over cutting his throat for a lil fame. That’s why my mouth has been shut about everything. No apologies…just the facts.

I spoke with the person I agreed with and he stated that he just didn’t have the time nor access to a comp right now on a consistent basis so , in his words, "do whateva' "… Not the ringing endorsement iwas looking for but ..hey...you cant please everyone all the time.

Copy

Paste

Bada Boom
Bada Bing

Info on the overall car and its packaging……

Paint: Lets be honest..the fact that it has stickers doesn’t bode well lol. On the other hand there are some sweet paint jobs for the cars in my opinion considering these are “knock off bodies”. There are several “flare” and “ribbon” designs on the cars as well as “flames” that are pretty nice.

Body Designs: If you’re a bit fan then you might like these. Mercedes CLK, Enzo, McLaren (?) and Nissan Skyline. Maybe a Lexus also. Honestly the only one id keep stock if any are the Skyline and Enzo and that’s…well…cuz I like Enzos. Take that as you will as im biased and particular about the look of bodies on my micro rides. Wtf…custom fodder at best.

Chassis: Think original OG Zip Zaps. The same reason that many chose ZZ’s over Bits way back – space - presents itself here. Theres O Plenty. The fact that the car is proportional speed and yet the PCB isn’t reaching for heaven is amazing. In fact id say the pcb is exactly the same height as the regular PCB in chassis on the ZZ.

Tires: Im not particularly interested in tires BUT you’ll be happy to know that the rubber quality..while not as varied and nice as Microsizer…is soft and not a hard shiny black plastic. It also has ribs as any good rubber should :cool: . That’s about all I can say off the top of my head as tires aren’t the most important feature on the car to me.

Rims
: Your typical spoke Bit Rims that I happen to like actually. Nothing new there. Easily replaceable if it’s a must.

Steering
: Impressive considering it isn’t propo. It actually makes you THINK its propo by the way that it steers from left to right while standing still on carpet. The turning is so quick it makes you question your better senses with questions like “ Did I really see that set of 4 wires leading from the PCB to the steering section?” or “Did the Chinese figure out a way to make a car propo with a magnet ? “ (Shuddup. It was late.). The turning radius is very small and STABLE (extra weight of the additional cell?). Ill try to quantify that with numbers at a later date. Small turning radius + Proportional Speed = NICE steering in my opinion.

Speed
: Proportional….dual cell. If you’ve seen a dual cell you know how fast that is and I don’t need to tell you. As an Micro Vet you’ll also admit to yourself that its impressive when speaking of stock micros (you remember how impressed you were when you FIRST soldered a dual cell set up. Don’t lie) .

Reception
: I screwed around in a 20 ft area in a underground unit. No problems with reception at all. Considering I did the same with a Bit and ZZ in a underground unit in the past and recall slight intereference that’s good enough for me. Stock Freqs are the usual “asian continent” freq’s. – 27, 35, 40, 45, 49

Remote : Think DEEGEE MASTA’! or locally known RS 50TH ANNIVERSARY CORVETTE! Just no lights and 4 AA’s instead of a nine volt for those of you that have owned one ( or three). Car jacks into the charger built into the TX.

Panther charge time: It says 45 Seconds but…meh..60 secs. I ran it for at least 5 minutes ( probably a lil more) with LOTS of steering ( this was during the IS IT PROPO? Stage even though I knew the car wasn’t. It was just so quick and smooth).

Overall consensus
: These folks have put together a nice ...if not the best ..micro competitor. The Panthers are a great blend of what original micro fans wanted from a micro car. The dual cell speed and proportional control provide what the devout followers of the Super Bit wanted (remember that Fairlady Z? I owned one and feel like a punk now). Handling is confusing…Bits are not supposed to handle this smoothly. Its that extra cell. Id put money on it. The bodies give you a cheap alternative to Bit Char G Euro Cars. The bodies will fit a Zip Zap SE due to the fact that they have that “high mid body” look. Think Original Microsizer Toyota Celica.

Keep this in mind...in regard to value....ZZSE 30-40 before taxes. There will be upper tier proportional cars (micro) out in the next 5-8 mos that will be 2x that amount to start. TO START. This car will run you 25 plus shipping or 60 for 2 shipped to your spot. Think about that. :cool:

Quick non in depth comparison to:
Super Bit Char G’s – SBCG’s had range problems and some wack “going out of range” issue. There still shorter than the ZZ’s in regard to scale look and “turbo” just doesn’t cut it when your comparing it to proportional speed control of a Panther Chariot. Im taking corners like the vet I am. Also…SBCG;s aren’t dual cell and in the Panthers case you don’t have to waste time soldering.

Zip Zaps
– The OG ZZ..fond memories….but its time has come and gone. The Panther IS a OG ZZ with dual cell speed and proportional speed control and a stronger/more powerful (?) steering response. What more can you say?

Bit Char G / Microsizer - Ive always been impressed with the steering radius of these cars and the quality. Id consider them matched. I cant see someone choosing the regular BCG over this car unless…they simply have a soft spot for them.

And now for the Royal Rumble…..
The ZIP ZAP SE: Hmmmm……..hmmmmmmm…….
Ive owned 3. Torino , Chevelle and Audi TT. The Panther smoked the Audi TT as it simply didn’t respond the way it was supposed to. The steering was shoddy. The speed was craptabulous and the bodies rode to well for my taste (that’s opinion). No comparison as the proportional speed allowed me to manipulate corners with precision that the Audi couldn’t or wouldn’t in its specific case. Hands down Panther Chariot over ZZSE stock.

The Torino and Chevelle on the other hand were a different story. They both handled extremely well (well I drove the Chevelle once but the Torino ran well) and I was very impressed. Handling was precise only missing one step on one side. The speed was lack luster to say the least though and I wasn’t interested in throwing another 20-25 bucks towards a fet mod when I already owned a Epoch. Yeah different class but it was hard to justify spending the extra 80% of original cost. The Panther has a slight advantage over the ZZSE without steering glitches due to the proportional speed that’s very smooth (and fast lol) and the fact that the bodies don’t ride high.

Now …if you can DO your own Fet Mod to a glitch free ZZSE (and you can get your car bodies to ride low or at least look normal lol) then all things being equal the ZZSE has a slight advantage due to its propo steering. Ill assume though that the Panther can be fet modded ..so then where does that leave us? Depends on how much value you place on propo steering at this scale. I place a lot of value on precision steering but ive been around enough 1/2x scale and down cars and these cars still impressed me with their handling. Chalk it up to the precision/propo SPEED control.

This Info IS On The Box:

ENGINE: 3.6 b
CELLS: Dual cell
TIRE: Medium
PINION: 9.86:1

Summarized Notable Features:
A) The acceleration is proportional and VERY smooth. Im sure some want a quantifiable explanation of “very smooth”. When holding the car between your index finger and thumb and turning it over the car you fund it hard to discern when it went from “fast” to “very fast” to “ damn”. When you place it on the floor you see the same “smoothness” that I speak of. A nice easy transition between a crawl and the ascending speeds.

B) The steering element is not proportional... but don’t let that fool you.. the steering response is MUCH quicker than a stock Zip Zap SE. Again someone is saying “How?” or “Explain”. For those of you who have screwed around with micros and larger rc cars you know that usually the upper tier cars can steer from left to right while standing still on carpet. My Epoch can, Z’s can and so can this car. When you combine that strong and quick responsive steering to the proportional speed you have a car that is very deceptive in the sense that you THINK its (so much in fact I had to check under the “hood”). That might explain Dennis L’s explanation (or perhaps language barrier).

C) And still another notable feature... this car is hands down – HANDS DOWN the fastest in the Micro Category. The car has dual cells and unlike other cars ACTS like it has dual cells! Someone asked if its still mosfet compatible…I wouldn’t know as im not a “mosfet” guy. Ill ASSUME it is but ill leave that to the techs.

End Note :
To the Pimp orchestrating a group buy..ask for FREIGHT shipping(i.e. Freight Collect). Not regular shipping. FREIGHT shipping. Just take my word.
"Most of my life is a constant struggle with inanimate objects."
I AM
bitThug

Post by I AM »

Oh....i didnt post pics here because ADD EXSCUSE HERE so you can view them at any of the usual spots (well WGU or MRRC at least).

Basically im stupid and didnt want to link images to a remote site.
"Most of my life is a constant struggle with inanimate objects."
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Post by kvik369 »

I don't know what number you're up to (11 I think) but count me in
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Impressive considering it isn’t propo. It actually makes you THINK its propo
I like to know what that means. Can you elaborate?

Ive owned 3. Torino , Chevelle and Audi TT. The Panther smoked the Audi TT as it simply didn’t respond the way it was supposed to.
Well the Torino and Chevelles I've encounter steer fine, but I realize you didn't actually compare to them, you just said it smoked the TT.

If the newer SEs have fixed steering, (which BTW I think works great), and these panthers aren't not proportional, then I think that makes the SE the clear winner.

And furthermore, when I'm making laps on my track, I'm almost always full throttle. I personally find proportional steering to help lap times much more than a proportional throttle.

Now if you're gonna purposely manipulate your review to make yourself the clear winner, then I'm gonna rapidly lose interest.

That's exactly the kind of thing that makes me want to avoid ebay sellers.

I don't buy into hype, when you come back with some facts, and not just poorly expressed opinions, I might be interested again. (You don't care about tires? What kind of dumbass statement was that?)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

No propo steering? I was thinking it was. Hmmm.....that's a bit of a disappointment.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

hey hes not a mosfet guy leave him alone.

ill wait til they make it to the malls i think. 14$ or 2 for 20 this xmas i bet.

25bucks + shipping or 2 for 60. what you planning on charging for shipping?

a box with a bit in it costs about $1.70 to ship from here to florida so were you planning on charging more than 5bucks to ship? lol

and agreed with crazy dave, id give up propo speed for a good steering(i dont agree that the newer ses have good steering. still buggy nomatter what) anyday.

i wouldnt pay more than 15 for one of these.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Keep this in mind...in regard to value....ZZSE 30-40 before taxes.
Ummm where do you buy your SEs? Last time I checked they were on sale at RS for $14.99 ......
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Finks wrote:
Keep this in mind...in regard to value....ZZSE 30-40 before taxes.
Ummm where do you buy your SEs? Last time I checked they were on sale at RS for $14.99 ......
Yup...I'm headed to RS in about 10 minutes for lunch.....Booooyah!
BOURBON TIME OUT!
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Sdog wrote:No propo steering? I was thinking it was. Hmmm.....that's a bit of a disappointment.
Yeah. I'm pretty disappointed, too... Looks like I'm going to be going the Shack route... maybe another SE but SURELY gotta get a few regular zips... I can't put it off anymore at that price...

Besides, hog is right... these Panthers will be all over the place CHEAP by Christmas...