Anybody seen XXaps?

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
payaso
bitPimp

Anybody seen XXaps?

Post by payaso »

Look to be very promising, and no I don't have any on ebay, and I don't know how much... I just know I want a few of them...
lol
http://www.xxap.com/go.html

Yes they are propo steering and speed.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

That site seems to pop up from time to time, but, I'm not sure if they ever got that past development and into actual manufacturing... I've never seen them for sale anywhere, in fact, I've never seen more than the site... and it says "2000 xxap design" on it...

It does look like an awesome little car, though, and if they ever did turn up for sale, I'd surely want one or more.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

I've never come across those before. They look very nice and proportioned to scale. Too bad they never came on the market.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

i gotta agree about the development stage, the pic in the top corner of the bcb/chassis looks like they got the rear end working but the steering setup is totally non existant.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

That TT looks kick ass though
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Sdog wrote: Too bad they never came on the market.

Not so fast my friend... Not so fast.

I emailed them to see what was going on, and this was my response, so let's see.
Hello Steve,

Thank you for your interest in our Metl-Tech Racers. Yes we are planning to introduce the cars soon. The development time has been very lengthy due to the complexity of the design. Trying to fit a digital proportional car with our specifications such as run time and multi channel operation has been a technical challenge.

I believe we will be able to launch the cars by late September. I'll add your name to our mailing list and keep an eye on our website. We will be putting up new information soon.

I'll send you some pricing info and photos next week.

kind regards,
Ken Scott
XXAP Design Inc.

More members should be sending emails as well to help create an urgency...

All we can do is wait now.

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

hey payaso-

if you're talking price with him, ask about case price and minimum order, naturally.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

fuck that ask for some review models. were the fucking road and track of bits.l
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

payaso wrote:
Sdog wrote: Too bad they never came on the market.

Not so fast my friend... Not so fast.

I emailed them to see what was going on, and this was my response, so let's see.
Hello Steve,

Thank you for your interest in our Metl-Tech Racers. Yes we are planning to introduce the cars soon. The development time has been very lengthy due to the complexity of the design. Trying to fit a digital proportional car with our specifications such as run time and multi channel operation has been a technical challenge.

I believe we will be able to launch the cars by late September. I'll add your name to our mailing list and keep an eye on our website. We will be putting up new information soon.

I'll send you some pricing info and photos next week.

kind regards,
Ken Scott
XXAP Design Inc.

More members should be sending emails as well to help create an urgency...

All we can do is wait now.

Nice...

I emailed them too....back when you first posted this. Haven't heard back as of yet. did you tell them about BP?

Edit: Scratch that. I just checked my mail and I did get a response. It basically has the same info. Payaso already posted above.

These things definitely look interesting and it sounds as though they are making a real effort to come up with a quality product.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Hi

Ive had a chat with them as well. They are aiming at the plus $70 USD market per car - aimed at collectors mainly (bit like Konami) going for detail/scale etc.

Cheers

TB

PS check out this event http://www.vwaction.co.uk/ (click on vwaction event - bottom right) Looks to me like they got their style from the same pimpin place :lol:

Obviously TeamBonzer and racing crew will be there to show off (sell) the BonzerMats and the ToyEast VW Micro Buses
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I just sent an e-mail to Ken Scott. This could be very interesting if the development is completed and these puppies are available.

Only time will tell....... :???:
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Update from Ken

They should be available in the next couple of weeks - you will be looking at about $70 USD each. Only available in the USA at launch.

Super detail, die cast, true 1/64th (or so they say).

Just waiting for a sample and will let you know.

Cheers

TB
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

TeamBonzer wrote:Update from Ken

They should be available in the next couple of weeks - you will be looking at about $70 USD each. Only available in the USA at launch.

Super detail, die cast, true 1/64th (or so they say).

Just waiting for a sample and will let you know.

Cheers

TB
70 smackers!?! :shock:
BOURBON TIME OUT!
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

awwww poooop!!! 70 bucks??? I'd first have to buy the wife some diamond earrings, take her out to dinner, give her some good lovin, beg, etc. So it would actually cost me about 5 or 600 bones, my dignity, and pride for one.

Think I'll pass for now..... :-(
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

Yeah, I just don't see these cars moving at $70. They really need to work on getting the price at least under $50. Even if these Metl-Tech cars are killer, there's just too many cheaper and decent alternatives. I could probably afford the $70, but I'm passing for now.