Anybody seen XXaps?

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

TeamBonzer wrote:
sg219 wrote:for under 35 fuckin' dollars
Hi I got my 2 direct from the factory (for free), just had to pay the fedex charge. They were quoting $4.50 USD for wholesale orders, which aint too bad at all.

Cheers

TB
Could you hook a pimp up with a place to buy them?

A link or something. It would be greatly appreciated.

:-)
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Metl Tech Footage

Post by yakboy »

Hi Pimps,

Took my racing circuit down to my parents house on Christmas Day & lots of my relations (ranging from 12-85 yrs old) tried Micro R/C's for the first time ( what a hoot :-D ). Anyway the consensus of opinion was that they all preferred the Metl Tech cars to drive but preferred the Super bit controllers. I tend to agree. After alot of practice over the last few days I love the Metl Tech Chassis but can't get on with the controller. I think the guys at XXaps should work on a more conventional controller ASAP 'cos it would be a shame if they didn't take of because of that as I love the chassis. Anyway I've done a little windows movie, not the best quality ( & my driving is pretty pants too), I've got nowhere to host it so if the pimps would tell me how I can share it with you I'd be very grateful.(assuming anyone wants to see it).

Regards
Yakboy
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Vids?
BOURBON TIME OUT!
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Post by yakboy »

Yep Vids of the Metl Tech BMW in action. But I need somewhere to post them as I can only host small piccies on my usual site.

Yakboy
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

What the hell ever happened to these things???? Did my prediction come true? Well that friggin' sucks.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

sg219 wrote:
TeamBonzer wrote:
Hi I got my 2 direct from the factory (for free), just had to pay the fedex charge. They were quoting $4.50 USD for wholesale orders, which aint too bad at all.

Cheers

TB

Plenty of people will tell you they have them, but can't tell you where to get them. :x

Edit: Greedy, Shady, Assholes!!!
Last edited by sg219 on Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

It's kinda like an X-file. It's like a huge MicroRC conspiracy with key players such as Bonzer, some German scientists, and a yakboy. At this point, I could care less about em. I did see a new Tamiya TLT_1 today at my LHS for $179. Might pick one up.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

HirotoR34 wrote:It's kinda like an X-file. It's like a huge MicroRC conspiracy with key players such as Bonzer, some German scientists, and a yakboy. At this point, I could care less about em. I did see a new Tamiya TLT_1 today at my LHS for $179. Might pick one up.
I like the way you think :)
BOURBON TIME OUT!
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

HirotoR34 wrote:It's kinda like an X-file. It's like a huge MicroRC conspiracy with key players such as Bonzer, some German scientists, and a yakboy. At this point, I could care less about em. I did see a new Tamiya TLT_1 today at my LHS for $179. Might pick one up.
the tlt's a blast. if you don't mind buying online you can save a few bucks. i bought mine from ultimate and right now they have the max climber version for $120 shipped.

just be sure to phone in your order as their web site is not secure.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Holy balls this truck is fuckin awesome. The articulation of the suspension and the 4WS setup is sexy as hell. Any 540 size motor will work with it, the shocks are silky smoove, metal, and chrome abound. I came so close to pullin out the debit card. Need to sell some more shit first.

Thanks for the heads up richh. Saves me $60 and I don't mind waiting.
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Post by yakboy »

It's like the plot of an Oliver Stone movie..lots of conspiracy theories abound... I hope you guy's are able to get hold of some soon...seems kind of strange that these things are not supposed to reach europe for a least 6 months to a year and yet we've got them before there even released in the states. Why not mail Ken at XXAP's and ask him what's going on (he seem's a friendly sort of chap and has responded quickley to any feedback I've given him)
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

A few of us have been down that road including myself. All I got back was the "Thanks for interest in our products" jive. I mean they're cool, but not $70 cool.
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Hey dudes chill out a bit. I'm just a little guy trying to keep the track business going.

I just got back from the NY toy fair (like 3 hours ago - so a bit lagged out).

Here's the deal.

As far as I know, Ken has sent 3 samples to me (2 went to yakboy) and a bunch to Sven at bitracer (he lives in USA and runs an estore in Germany for them bitracer dudes).

Ken was not at the NY toy show, he is in asia sorting out mass production for the USA and re-enginnering for Europe. The model I and sven have are first shot samples from low production run - they are not legal to use in Europe :-)

However, walking arround the NY Javits centre, guess what I saw - some metal tech racers. It was quite funny really because I clocked them and asked about them, the nice lady rep said that she would like to show me them running but couldn't get them to work - being a bit of a smart arse I spent a couple of minutes, sorted out the problem (dodgy connection in the controller battery pack, I had same problem with first sample Ken sent me) and prompltly started screaming it arround the convention centre.

The company showing them was a smallish die cast distributor company called DMV Ltd from 2409 beacon hills, rochester hills Michigan 48309 . tel 248 854 4026 (no web site on business card). The MD shares a business partner with Ken. This tells me that there is not any major distribution yet in the USA and I GUESS that they will not get major distribution in 2005 - but I could be well out of line in saying that :-(

The reason that you are probably not getting replies from Ken is that he has been hit with loads of emails since the news broke about them on the community. Don't get me wrong, Ken is a great guy but has other priorities at the moment (sorting out production and new body shells ) - I was just lucky in starting a dialogue early on.

So cut the xfile conspiracy shit :-)

On another note, I was really hoping to scoop you guys again with the series 7 homies. I asked the nice lady (either Dana or Bonnie funlines4@aol.com) for samples, no way she say, can I take a picture I say, no way she say :( . But I have got the trade price list and she said that she would ship some via UPs to a USA address if I wanted. I also told her to check out this web site and see what you guys are doing to promote the hommie attitude, she hadn't heard of you !. I suggest that one of the mods send them an email with some nice hommie bit pimp picks and a suggestion that she could use some of your shit for promo purposes and ask for some free samples.

On the micro R/c front there was jack shit there :sad:

Got to go, haven't slept for 4 days, NY can be pretty wild if you have a pimpin attitude :cool:

I think that must be my longest ever post

Cheers from blighty

TB
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

sg219 wrote:
sg219 wrote:
TeamBonzer wrote:

Cheers

TB

Plenty of people will tell you they have them, but can't tell you where to get them. :x

Edit: Greedy, Shady, Assholes!!!
Just realised that we have a mixed up thread here. Sg219 was talking about the panther chariots from teemway, and I've gone on about metl tech
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
Swavey
bitThug

Post by Swavey »

WoW

I really would consider gettin into these..... before zip zaps and such i think :s If I could...... Since i started with bits and the like realism has always been my numero uno goal..... and nice clean chassis' :P Both of which these cars have!!!

TeamBonzer: quick question for ya..... hehe there has to be soooome way to get these cars workin off a trigger style controller.... PLEASE say yes, hehe.. I think the one they use would drive me mad. :-(

thanx for the update by the way!! I love diecast :P more weight to push around...

:D Swavey