Anybody seen XXaps?

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Just got me a new true 1/64th fully dig/prop BMW M3 die cast. SWEET :-D

Cheers

TB
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

How about some more information on how to get them...a review, photos, video, cost, etc.

Thanks
BOURBON TIME OUT!
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

[quote="TeamBonzer"]Just got me a new true 1/64th fully dig/prop BMW M3 die cast. SWEET :-D/quote]

One of the Metl-tech cars? AKA XXaps? Hmmm...didn't know they were out yet. But unless you can swap the die cast body out for plastic, I'm passing. Die cast is too damn heavy for micro RC.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Die cast may be heavier, but put some more juice to it, and it'll fly. I'd take one just for the propo alone.
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Hi Hi :grin: , yep, li-poly cell, seperate mains charger = 1/2 hour run times and lots of speed. Heavy duty motor (what OTP would call a "real" motor).

I've just been out and bought a few .99c die cast bodies, all will fit with minor mods, plastic the same.

Cheers

TB

Oh and 8 cars can race at once.
www.bonzerracing.com
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Steeering propo = about 21 steps each way, tightest turning circle approx 4 inches (DIA).

Speed propo seems to be larger steps, perhaps 3 or 4 - need to play around some more. But top speed is fast, about the same as the dual celled nakamichi
www.bonzerracing.com
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I noticed something on their site mentioning plastic bodies. Is this a fact?
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

I think it is in their plans, but no sight of finished items yet. But their chassis/body conection method, combined with the really low profile chassis means that most true 1/64 or 1/57 will fit pretty true.
www.bonzerracing.com
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

close ups of the chassis? id like to see everything i can, lol
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

That's nice that they're out and all, but can we get some "real" info on these.

I'm a bit pissed to see that he's stayed in contact with you, and left me hangin with my nuts in my hand. Bullshit if you ask me, especially after I told him we'd be able to get em to a shit ton of eyes on our site, but I guess he just gave that job to you.

What the price?
Where did you get it?
How can we get some?
Lots of pics

Don't mean to come off like a dick about this, but I just can't see why you in the UK would be hooked up before the locals who inquired about them as well. That's strike #1 for that crew, and I only go to 2.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

payaso wrote:That's nice that they're out and all, but can we get some "real" info on these.

I'm a bit pissed to see that he's stayed in contact with you, and left me hangin with my nuts in my hand. Bullshit if you ask me, especially after I told him we'd be able to get em to a shit ton of eyes on our site, but I guess he just gave that job to you.

What the price?
Where did you get it?
How can we get some?
Lots of pics

Don't mean to come off like a dick about this, but I just can't see why you in the UK would be hooked up before the locals who inquired about them as well. That's strike #1 for that crew, and I only go to 2.

silla :D
Well you are a dick and all, but that is besides the point...

I totally agree....if they really did their marketing homework, its pretty obvious they should have tossed one of those things the way of BP's.

Bonzer its cool that you are a happy new owner and all, but don't be a dick tease about it. I didn't get all pissy in my previous post because I assumed you needed some time to put some photos and a vid together for us................ok, its been long enough :P
BOURBON TIME OUT!
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Sorry guys, it was a bit of a wind-up to post without details, but I have been mad busy the last few days (just did 10mins live on QVC with the BonzerMat).

I will get some pics done, but it will take a day or so (problems with camera etc).

They are not on general release yet (i am guseeing another couple of weeks), but the pimps in the USA will get them first - not RF legal in europe.

With regards to marketing etc, I don't think that they are going to have any problems getting peoples attention once they are launched 8-)

cheers

TB
www.bonzerracing.com
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Sdog wrote: they should have tossed one of those things the way of BP's.
it would cost about 12 cents for these companies to make these things, and as we're the r & d division that tests to destruction you'd think at least one or 2 promo toys would make it to pimp city. :???:
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

betty.k wrote:
Sdog wrote: they should have tossed one of those things the way of BP's.
it would cost about 12 cents for these companies to make these things, and as we're the r & d division that tests to destruction you'd think at least one or 2 promo toys would make it to pimp city. :???:
You would think that.

Maybe we need to do more self-promotion to 1:64th companies and send them our site here. Give them a real good look at what goes on here.

We really need to start looking into being a promo and development donation site. :grin:

Hell, everyone already thinks that they are watching us anyway. Let's call them on it. :cool:

Give us the rides to develop and compensate us with parts and early editions.

I've seen the rides that turn up after they get made here.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Well, hopefully if Rippers mag is doing well, maybe these companies will know who we are. I guess we'll just have to start flooding their inboxes to get em to really notice.

Like a nice bitchslap upside the head.