Anybody seen XXaps?

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
gnubee
bitThug

Post by gnubee »

I will get some pics done, but it will take a day or so (problems with camera etc).[/quote]
???????????
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Still waiting for some photos... :-)
BOURBON TIME OUT!
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Sdog wrote:Still waiting for some photos... :-)
Fair cop - it has been a while. Stuff just gets on top of you some times :cool: . Anyway, I have stuck some photos and a short video on http://www.bonzergear.com/html/metl_tech.htm.

Here is a little taster :-)

sorry, there would be if I can work out how to get the pics on here :???:
Last edited by TeamBonzer on Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Thanks for the review, pics, and video. Those cars look promising. I'm sure you will soon have some video of those things running around a track. Photos of the Tx would be great as well.

I hope someone doesn't make the mistake of overpricing these things though. We all saw what happened with the Panther Chariot cars. If they cost too much, they will get bashed and just won't generate enough interest. Price them reasonably and they would fly off the "shelves".

Any more info on when these will be available, where, through who? Any updates on price? What car models will be offered?

Thanks again.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

hey bonzer,

why not post a direct link? some would think that was a blatent advertisment.
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

hogjowlz wrote:hey bonzer,

why not post a direct link? some would think that was a blatent advertisment.
Hey, You been messing with my phone line??

Any way, just changed the url to direct link.

Cheers

TB
www.bonzerracing.com
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

you should get them to send us a few review samples.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Any more info on these things?
BOURBON TIME OUT!
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Still due for release in USA in late Jan early Feb.

Hope to have some videos of the car racing before end of this week.

Cheers

TB
www.bonzerracing.com
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Here is the latest skinny on these things (credit goes to bdnunchaku for the following info....although I can't vouch for it accuracy)

Retail: $80, $10 for die cast bodies

Body styles to be released:
Lamborghini Murcielago
Corvette C5R
Ford Taurus Stock Car
Chevy Monte Carlo Stock Car
Ford Mustang Concept
New Beetle?

$80....that's waaaaay too much for 1:64 scale RC if you ask me. Its my opinion that these won't be around long because they are way over priced. Can someone say Panther Chariot???

Some fools are justifying the price by comparing them to Epochs....silly if you ask me....these are completely different cars and a completely different scale. The Epoch is a great RC, but they died out. Even if they do perform well...not many people are going to shell out $80 for a 1:64 scale RC.

People are already wetting their pants over these things and we don't even have a real review of them. The verdict is still out on performance, range, etc.

I'll admit that the bodies look nicely detailed and they look to be to scale (I still need to see some closeups myself). Looking at Bonzers little vid, they also seem to be quicker and have better proportional steering than a ZZ SE. But the controller looks like ass and these have no suspension whatsoever. I said it before and I'll say it again....I'll wait until these go on clearance because they can't sell them at that price.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Vids and better pictures comming soon.

I can confirm that the Chevy monte carlo will be one of the new bodies - I have just recieved an unpainted 1st shot sample, you will not be dissapointed.

I think that at the price of $80 USD they will sell - to upmarket deep pocket punters. Don't expect to see these on sale in Wal-Mart or KMart, they will sell through speciality hobby shops and boys toys/gadget web sites.

The super detail, long run times, 8 cars racing at once, will appeal to a certain market segment.

Cheers

TB
www.bonzerracing.com
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

TeamBonzer wrote: I think that at the price of $80 USD they will sell - to upmarket deep pocket punters. Don't expect to see these on sale in Wal-Mart or KMart, they will sell through speciality hobby shops and boys toys/gadget web sites.

The super detail, long run times, 8 cars racing at once, will appeal to a certain market segment.
I'm sure some of those deep pocket punters will buy a few....

But, if they did their marketing homework the would realize that most of the 1:64 crowd are not deep pocket punters. I never expected to see these in Walmart or Kmart, but even the specialty hobby shops and websites will have to clearance these eventually.

Bonzer, you have had that controller in your hand. Give us an honest opinion about it...especially considering the $80 price.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Sdog wrote:even the specialty hobby shops and websites will have to clearance these eventually
Damn straight... even the Sharper Image clearances shit EVENTUALLY...

Most hardcore micro enthusiasts (even us "low budget" ones) have more than enough great stuff to keep them occupied until then...

And if we learned anything from the Panther Chariot clusterfuck, we learned to wait until someone with nothing to gain gives an honest, unbiased opinion on a car before we're ready to commit our hard earned money... lord only knows how many were ready to throw down $35 + shipping on those so-called "propo" glorified dual cell ZZ clones... until someone slipped the truth out...
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Metl Tech

Post by yakboy »

Hi,
I'm a newbie in terms of posting but have been following the pimps for a while (thanks for keeping me entertained these last few months and stimulating my interest in micro R/C's).I've a motley collection of Super Bit's and have just built myself a circuit ( more interested in racing than pimping at the mo but have just done my first chop, a scooby sportswagon to match my real one), I've also got a bonzer mat for those quick practice sessions. I'll post photo's when I work out how.

Thanks to TeamBonzer himself I am the proud owner of 2 Metl Tech cars. I can only back up what he says.

These cars are of extremely high quality, everything about them has been well thought out. The packaging, charger come display case, car and controller have had a lot of R&D put into them. The way you can select your frequency is genius. The car bodies are well proportioned and nicely detailed.

As for driving, I'm new to the RC scene so have only driven bits & believe me these things blow bit's out of the water. They have very good speed but unlike bits are controllable at speed (i.e don't flip over). The proportional steering is fantastic, very predictable.

The controller is a bit strange and will take some getting use to, as I'm used to super bit controllers. However I can understand why they've designed it that way to make use of the proportional aspects of driving. I'm using it two handed at the moment as I find one handed operation a bit strange.

With regard to price $80 USD or £45 may seem steep but when you see the quality of these things you will understand that they really are a bargin. Because changing wheels, bodies and frequencies is a breeze you will only need a few chassis. I think for the first time proper 1:64 racing will be on the cards ( I feel plastic bodies will be better for this as they take knocks better)

These are not your average bit's or clones and the price reflects this, they are good value and as we all know in this world you get what you pay for , so Superdog start saving.... :grin:
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Sdog wrote:
TeamBonzer wrote: Bonzer, you have had that controller in your hand. Give us an honest opinion about it...especially considering the $80 price.
Ok honest opinion is that I could probably beat a metl tech in a technical race with most of my bits. The controller is difficult to get used to and I haven't mastered it yet (question will be - will I ever master it?)

However - driving it is a very different experience to bits/ZZ's and as such it really needs a different kind of track to test your skill. These cars need something the size of a large RCP track to really appreciate the subtlety of control, anyone with reasonable experience can tap a bit at full speed around a course, these cars present a different challenge.

Hope that makes some sense

PS the Germans have got one now - more (and better) pictures here http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=100479875803&startid=2

Cheers

TB

HI Yakboy - good to see you posting rather than just lurking :-)
www.bonzerracing.com