holy poo!!!!

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
HirotoR34
bitPimp

holy poo!!!!

Post by HirotoR34 »

I was looking around for some shiat and came across this. Tomy propos????

http://www.microracers24.com/index.html ... lang=en-us

Kinda pricey and dicey if you ask me. Are they any good is the question?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

those are old. and diecast.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

when out of range they go full steam ahead. i'm told they're quite fast despite the die cast body, easy fixed really. only buy them when they're cheap.
i used to be cool
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Toy east has them for about $36. Even with the high shipping costs, there still alot cheaper than that site. I've got one. I kinda like it. It drives real smooth. I bet if you fixed a ZZ body to fit one, then it would be pretty fast since it would be replacing the heavy diecast body with a lighter plastic body. The diecast body is heavier than the average diecast body. It's like a chunk of lead.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Old to you hog. New to me. I had no idea that Tomy had props. Why they didn't just make bits with propo is beyond me. Even if they had to be a little bigger it would be pretty cool.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

As a side note...

They have pretty good photos of the iwaver MR02 chasis on that website:

http://www.microracers24.com/index.html ... lang=en-us
BOURBON TIME OUT!
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Tomy was competing with digi-q when bits first came out. If they made the cars too much bigger, then the kids would have ran with the digi-q's. My guess is that the propo cars were an attempt to introduce propo to small scale rc. At the time they were about $80 though. Also, there was only two different cars to choose from. I think nobody bought them because of the price and the selection. It's a shame really. They're good cars that could be so much better with little changes.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

While $80 is a huge turn off, I think the biggest turn off was the die-cast body.

People hear die-cast and RC in the same sentence, and we automatically assume it's slow and handles like a chunk of lead.

I don't how many threads started out like,"Check this out! Proportional Tomy cars! :-D"

Then someone would say,"Hey, those are die-cast. :???: "

Then everyone was like, "Die-cast! I'm outta here. :eek: "
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

That's why I figured Holy poo would be appropriate, considering that was my reaction. Some of y'all don't know that I've been out of the game for a while (thanx to my significant other, not to mention work) so I'm a little dumb when it comes to new shit. Hell,I thought "Whoa Nelly" was a new album from Nelly :eek:
I'm feeling a little unpimp at the moment. I got some new stuff comin from Voodoo. (I traded in my TT SE for some new bit stuff, so I hope to have some new projects in the works soon). Have any of you seen his real rig??
Friggen mind blowin..... :cool: