Who gives a big ole greasy shit?

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

Sad state of affairs if your dad is right of a drug addicted hippocrite.

Sorry, though you espouse some liberal views, you still come off as someone with an agenda.

Not that absolute liberalism is the best way to go. I agree that moderation is the key to so many current issues.
BilboBaggins wrote:
Plus I loved Thomas Jefferson's statement of "A revolution once in a while is a good thing."
Ironic that a rightist loves something a leftist said.

Jefferson was all for "rule by the people."

I paraphrase at best here: I was appauled at the talk at dinner tables suggesting a return to aristocracy [referring to dinners he attended in the homes of Prominent New Yorkers] that left me in the minority.

Jefferson was distraught (though perhaps not surprised) to hear from the elite of his time wanted the wealthy to rule the new-found country.

Although Jefferson believed education (which was almost, but not quite, like saying wealth) was necessary for a good statesman, he did not believe that the social elite of his day should have replaced the recently removed Monarchy. Some of his contenders even wanted George Washington seated for life like a monarch!

I especially agree with Jefferson's views today. Mostly, because education is more accessible today than it was then--hence, an educational requirement does not infer an aristocratic hurdle to entry into political office.

Yes, "a revolution once in a while is a good thing." The problem is, we're not getting a revolution when we need it most.
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

:-)

http://www.fuckthesouth.com/

Edit- I nearly forgot this.

http://www.democracymeansyou.com/column ... linton.htm

Dunno if it's true or not. :???:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I think it's ironic the title is basically saying, "Who cares?", and yet this thread goes on and on showing we do care.

I haven't been involved in this polictical talk, and if you're curious of my point of view, then here it is.

The media is all lies based on truth. After I saw how the local news can totally screw up, and mess everything up, I realized how you have to read between the lies and BS.

Secondly, I honestly don't believe our votes mean shit. I didn't really believe that before, and then after I voted on an issue I believed in, the legalization of Marijuana for medical purposes, and it went through with an overwhelming 71%, our state congress took it away, saying we didn't know what we where voting for. Trying to prove their point the local new stood in a grocery store parking lot and asked people what prop 300 was, and every single one said, "The legalization of Marijuana.", and some threw in the, "for medical purposes".

So my point of view on politics is, "Who gives a big ol' greasy shit". I just try to live my life the way I feel is right, and treat others with respect, and I think if everyone did the same, we'd have no problems. I'm an Anarchist. I believe if we lived in an Anarchist society, all the idiots would be strung up by the balls, and the rest of us would need to learn to get along together. I do not believe that any one person has the right to judge or control another person in any way, so I don't believe putting people in control of other people is the answer to peace.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

Dang Sessiz,

You come up with the coolest shiite. :eek:

I'm gonna buy some of those urinal liners and get them posted in public bathrooms.

(And by "get them posted", I mean I'll pay a 12 year old to do it for me for $20. Yecch, you thought I was gonna touch those mugs?) :-)

Love doc :cool:
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

crazydave wrote:The media is all lies based on truth. After I saw how the local news can totally screw up, and mess everything up, I realized how you have to read between the lies and BS.
Couldn't agree with you more on that. :-)

crazydave wrote:Secondly, I honestly don't believe our votes mean shit. I didn't really believe that before, and then after I voted on an issue I believed in, the legalization of Marijuana for medical purposes, and it went through with an overwhelming 71%, our state congress took it away, saying we didn't know what we where voting for.
You've got a good point here, too. Deep down, I agree that my vote doesn't count either. But the part of me that posts here is either just venting, or holding on to that youthful idealism (see, gullibility) that people can make a difference. :smile:
crazydave wrote:So my point of view on politics is, "Who gives a big ol' greasy shit". I just try to live my life the way I feel is right, and treat others with respect, and I think if everyone did the same, we'd have no problems.
Yeah, sometimes you just have to let things go. A person could wear ulcers the size of Texas (reference intented) in their stomach thinking about this stuff. :shock:
crazydave wrote:I'm an Anarchist. I believe if we lived in an Anarchist society, all the idiots would be strung up by the balls, and the rest of us would need to learn to get along together. I do not believe that any one person has the right to judge or control another person in any way, so I don't believe putting people in control of other people is the answer to peace.
I'd like to agree with you here, but society is too big to leave things upto individuals. People screw each other enough without laws, jail time, etc. slowing them down. Yes, slow down. Definitely not stop, but slow down.

Besides, who'd make your Bits and ZZs for you if you didn't have an imperialist like Bush making sure third world countries don't get too uppety? :???:
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

double edged sword there.
they're doing a fine job making sure the US doesn't get too uppety either.
that old saying "the rich get richer and poor get poorer" definitely holds true now days.
they should be ashamed to keep outsourcing all of our jobs to third world countries where the people are more than willing to work for 12 cents a day.
all in the name of profit.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

I know exactly what you mean, Cabo.

But you know damn well we couldn't afford our current standard of living if we gave the people who make our clothes, etc. a living wage.

Now don't get me wrong--I hate the fact that the people who make these things for us are getting screwed.

The only way a corporation could give their semi-skilled/unskilled laborers a decent living and keep inflation where it is would be if management were to take drastic pay cuts.

But the bottom line is, corporate executives are always going to have control over their salaries--you do the math. So where do the cuts come from? Nowhere, sorry to say. Business as usual until there is a major movement by the consumer public to boycott products made with slave labor. Just try and get that to happen!

So much is made with slave labor, you'd just about have to walk around in your fruit of the looms for a month before these sweat shops would hurt enough to give in.

Yes, it sucks--but here we are.
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

which brings me to another one of my favorite (no "u" you evil do'ers) quotes:
If you haven't turned rebel by twenty you've got no heart; if you haven't turned establishment by thirty you've got no brains.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Welp, boys and girls. It's been another 4 fucked up years. If you read the very first post, you'll see I called it last time and I'll tell you all once again what's to come of your futures in a little bit.

Stay tuned... :shock:

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

the last official act of every government is to loot the nation.

watch as this bailout and W will tank the US into such a hole it will take years to get out of.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

I'm absolutely convinced there are only a few ways to get "real" information in media about what's going on in the US:
- Political/Comedy shows like Colbert Report, Daily Show and Realtime with Bill Maher.
- News about the US, from foreign sources.

Especially Real Time with Bill Maher, I don't always agree with what he says and even take offense to some of it...But he's always shining a light on the BULLSHIT.

For instance, the most recent episode there were some things brought up that I didn't know about or a point-of-view I hadn't considered...
- All that's in the news is about the 700 billion bailout (which is actually at something like 840billion because of some additional "incentives" to pass the bill)...But recently Car Manufacturers also got a bailout, of about 25billion
- It isn't the Surge in Iraq that's winning, it's because of some new "secret" missions that have been extremely effective that's driven the violence down.
- Garry Shandling was on the show and said it's a contradiction to say we're Winning the War in Iraq...While our economy is in the SHITTER.

What's really scary to me is that if McCain wins then it's like W. getting a 3rd term, but if Obama wins he'd NEED 3 terms to even start to fix the shit we're in.

...Well, I guess there is a "bright" side, no matter which side wins, history is going to be made (Black Prez, or Woman VPILF/MILF).

Post by sidewinder »

No one gets it...it doesn't matter which one of these clowns is "elected," they are both just stooges of the real government that hides in the shadows. I changed my icon recently and apparently some people took it as an endorsement for McCain, its not, its just because I think its funny. Anyway, this is not an endorsement for Obama either...I think if he got the things he wants he'd be a dictator. However, it doesn't matter what either one of these bastards want they are just well paid pawns.

Picture it this way, you're a kid watching a puppet show; there's a bog box with a curtain, two sock puppets argue with each other and maybe even hit each other over the head with a tiny bat--or something like that. Are they really fighting? No, because if you look behind the box both of them are just different arms on the same puppeteer. John McCain and Barack Obama are nothing but empty shells, they are faces put on to distract us, but really in the end they are nothing more than to made up images with the ruling oligarchie's hand up their asses.

Oh and for our foreign friends, don't be to smug, your "governments" are no more than a big puppet show either...and it's the same puppeteers running the whole mess. We will all be slaves to this group some day soon unless someone exposes them and their blood flows in the streets.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

sidewinder wrote:No one gets it...
I know, except you right? :lol:
I don't mean to downplay your thoughts, but I found out the hard way that you cannot have (in most cases) an honest discussion via an Internet forum. It's near impossible.

I've had some of those discussions right here on this forum and all I got was back-peddling, contradictions, false-hoods, etc.
Nothing came of it, it was a mincing of words in the end and that's it.

Hence why I refuse to participate in certain discussions anymore in an online format. Everyone ends up looking stupid, the points are lost, and nothing comes of it except maybe once in awhile an awesome GIF.

So, with that...

Just some keywords... not all of them for tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy nuts.
- Neocons
- Zeitgeist
- Illuminati
- Secret Societies
- Evangelical Zionists

Take whatever you wish from the information you find on your own - my opinion doesn't matter. All I hope is that people start to research information on their own and take from it what they can and sift through all the bullshit - which is a daunting task. There a lot of smart people out there writing things that can easily be held as gospel.

As everyone says now-a-days, "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!" :lol:
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Political Party Ideas (stated of by actions)

Democrats - Government is there to take care you.
Republicans - Government is there to help companies.

Both are so wrong from the original idea of the representative republic we live in. The problems arose when people found out they can just vote themselves money to spend and stop thinking where the money comes from.

Libertarians:
Legalize drugs (and my idea of taxing the drugs)
Repeal the 16th amendment (which was never legally passed in their opinion)
Stop the funding of projects not allowed by the Constitution.

Constitutional:
Go back to follow the Constitution instead of trying to bend it. It's not a LIVING DOCUMENT that the Democrats claimed but a contract that was paid for by the blood of American Soldiers.

Green:
They want the government to force the people to be more environmentally friendly. Think no internal combustion engines, fossil fuels are a no no.

Now some here believe that I'm a radical religious conservative. I'm not, I tend to Libertarian and Constitutional.

I believe that the government spends too much of the taxpayers money on things they don't have the rights to do.

I believe if people keep more of what they earn then charitable giving goes up (this Fact was shown to be real after the Reagan tax breaks in 1982.)

People having more money allows them to take risks. There were more Millionares created in the 80's than there were previous to the 80's.

I believe that if there should be an income tax than all should pay the same percentage, for those saying that the rich won't be paying their fair share grown up. Make 20 grand at 5% income tax is a $1,000.00 at 200 grand the tax is $10,000.00. Only those who want to punish the rich would consider it not a fair share. The one who make the high end (Actors, Sports Stars, Kennedy's) and don't feel they are paying their fair share should volunteer to pay more.

There are way too many groups over the years that are behind the scenes that have their own agendas. You can believe or not, I think sidewinder may have a bigger list than mine. Masons, Teri-Lateral Commission (G.H.W.Bush was a member), the Military Industrial Complex, Israel, World Bank, Etc.

Personally I'd vote for the person who promised to lower the wages of Congress and Senators and the President. CONGRESS was intended as a PART TIME JOB. They were gentleman farmers and store owners who went to DC to look after the country, not try and make a fortune in congress.

I think I've gone on too long again, I should let someone else rant about me now. :-)
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Actually my list would be shorter because I lump them all into one massive movement. I used to be a member of the Young Republicans, I helped in the elections of Dick Schaftraff (Ohio state senator, Ex Browns great who should be in the hall of fame, head of athletes for Regan, and all around good guy) I worked as a district organizer for the party. Then I was press secretary for Tom Burchart's Democratic congressional bid (You've never heard of Tom because he lost, and lost, and lost). It wasn't until I worked with the board of elections that I realized who rigged the votes really are. And not just in Ohio, but a blatant example of how the Presidential vote is already being rigged here; The Obama camp has people at every drive through, grocery store, and liquor store in the state. They are signing people up to vote, then they are getting people to vote early for Obama (on the same day using an absentee ballet). This would be fine but they are not requiring any for of ID. We've already had a 15 year old vote, brag to his parents about it, and then when they contacted the board of elections and asked them to find and void it they were told basically to pound sand, "one vote wont really matter."

Oh, and Cabo:
I know, except you right?
Fuckin A right! :cool:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand