Ahhh U Video Pimps are gonna luv dis shit !!!!!!

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Ahhh U Video Pimps are gonna luv dis shit !!!!!!

Post by DarkTari »

Let Da Video Games Begin ! :eek:

Experience the Thrill of Riding 'Inside' Your Model Plane, Boat, Car or Train
This is your chance to be Casey Jones, Chuck Yeager, Mario Andretti, or the captain of a 60 mph speedboat. Get in on the action with our new battery-powered micro-camera. It's so small (less than 3/4 cubic inch), it fits inside almost anything...even an N scale train! Mount it in an R/C plane for a bird's-eye view of the world. Take a cruise on your model boat. Feel the excitement of a car race. Built-in wireless transmitter sends a sharp color picture to the mini receiver connected to your VCR or TV. You'll see what your model sees, just as if you were riding inside. And we bet you'll think of many more uses than we have!

Wireless Micro-Camera System includes camera (1 inch wide x 3/4 inch high x 7/8 inch deep) with adjustable-focus lens and connector for 9v battery, microphone, audio/video receiver with wall transformer and battery connector, plus cable for connection to VCR/TV (battery not included).

Typical transmission range: 300 feet indoors, 1000 feet outdoors (depending on obstacles in path). Weight: camera alone 0.7 oz; with battery 2.5 oz. Battery lasts up to 12 hours. Equipment is not waterproof. Wall transformers may vary.

Micro Mark
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

these actually are pretty fun... i bought one from ebay last year for about $30-$40 (search for spy cam, pin hole cam, or nanny cam and you find tons). i had it rubberbanded to my mini-t. the picture quality was good considering how small the camera is and that it's wireless. i did get static here and there when i drove in certain spots or if going over bumps. the only thing was the field of view was on the small side. i never looked into it, but maybe they have some sort of lens that you can snap on.

edit... ok, i just downloaed betty's video and that's pretty much what to expect from these things...
Last edited by richh on Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

god damn, before I comment on anything - I have to comment on how you could pretty much steal this guys finger prints with that picture.
how clear is it when finger prints look like fuckin canyons?
damn :shock:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that's exactly like mine but i got no audio. i got mine off ebay for that price too, probably the same place (revolution shop).

here's a tip. inside the camera case are 2 separate pcb's and some space. 1 pcb is the camera part and the other is the tx part. in the end of the power lead is a third pcb which is a dc-dc converter. the tx and camera operate off separate voltages.

if you VERY carefully cut open the power lead you can remove the dc converter and install it inside the casing. this way you can just attach a micro plug in the case and be done with that huge and not so flexy power lead that was on it.

another thing you need to know is the rx needs a regulated and filtered power supply. batteries are no prob but if you plan on using a regular plug pack transformer the reception will be choppy and wander. ph2t hooked me up with a custom one and it's never let me down! :-)
i used to be cool
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

yeah, these things are good.
got one
codesuidae
bitPlaya'

Post by codesuidae »

How's the light sensitivity? Cheap pinhole cameras, IME, tend to require lots of light to get a decent picture.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

MUST GET ONE. I'd love to watch a vid of my R/C doing 60 through the windshield. It comes with everything except the 9 volt to power it, right?
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

How's the light sensitivity?
not too bad. at day time it's perfect. indors at night i used it with 75w bulb
in a medium sized room, you can see details. it might be up to a recorder. 0.2 lux to 3 lux, i don't know which model i got. jmk radio av receiver.i don't how would it work in motion. cool thing, none the less.