Dodge chargers

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Dodge chargers

Post by kvik369 »

This is not breaking news but anyone familiar with the new Charger. Not sure if I can get into the looks (4 door), but nice power.

http://www.dodge.com/charger/?pid=10665 ... 9057&rid=0

http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html
K.I.S.S.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Now pull out the the old Duke's of Hazzard LP and play Johnny Cash's "Ballad of General Lee."

I'm A Charger, That Charges Through the Night.
Like an Orange Bolt of Lightning Making thing al'right.
I'm the Best Pal the Duke Boy's Ever Had.
I'm Thunder on Highway Feelin' Bad Bad Bad.

Damn, I thought I finally forgot that tune.

Hmm. Johnny, Waylon, I forget who else was on the LP. It's was definately Outlaw Country.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

The big question is do the doors actually open, or do you have to hop in the window? Also, how well can you slide accross the hood wearing Levis 501s?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Finks wrote:The big question is do the doors actually open, or do you have to hop in the window? Also, how well can you slide accross the hood wearing Levis 501s?
haha, doubt you can slide across easily like back in the day, but I don't know, you could though run up to the Dodge dealership and try it out in some Levi's.
I think the 4 doors puts a bad name on the Charger compared to the old ones. How do they compare in power to the old ones?
DRIFT HAPPENS
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That doesn't really excite me. Looks like a brick with a wing.

What's with companies lately doing the half ass remakes. The new GTO failed to impress me too. And what's with the brick look, I first noticed it on the Cadillac, and even though I hate it, it seems to be becoming popular.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

crazydave wrote:That doesn't really excite me. Looks like a brick with a wing.
I knew it reminded me of something. :lol:

Yeah, I finally saw one of the new GTOs the other day. It looked like a rental car... like a Ford Taurus or any other generic sedan. It made me realize that I've probably seen several, but they just blend right in with the other shitty 'merican sedans. If they're gonna use the classic names, they should at least use a few of the classic lines... fuckers.
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Post by kvik369 »

I agree with you guys. I don't know why they just don't make a new car and name when they do this. Any Charger loyalists are probably throwing up. I can understand trying to update things but the body style is one of the main things that make a classic a classic.
K.I.S.S.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

too right!! take the porsche 911 for example. every model has looked unmistakenly like a 911 AND (in my opinion) looked good.
i used to be cool
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

betty.k wrote:too right!! take the porsche 911 for example. every model has looked unmistakenly like a 911 AND (in my opinion) looked good.
Tru Dat ! Even Ford did a helluva job on the new Mustang IMO 8-)

But I don't like the Charger "at all", a few years ago there was a Charger that had kiss doors and looked more towards the original than this Chrysler 300 wanabe.
99skyline
bitHood

Post by 99skyline »

I don't like it at all. :o
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Post by clxfiles »

As Chargers go, nothing can replace my view of the 69 RT being the best but I jumped in that yellow Daytona yesterday and took it for a spin around the block. The damn thing halls ass and is quite comfy (perfect for my 30 something ass w/ wife and kids).... NOt that I'd be going 120 with the kids in the back. I hated the whole look of the remade Charger since it first came out but since seeing them hall ass on the movie "The Island" (w/ Scarlet Johansen) then test driving the Banana Daytona, I'm warming up to it as a nice car.

You're right, they should have named it something else though....
clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Post by clxfiles »

Hopefully they'll stick with the concept and do a better job with the Challenger.

nascar8
bitHood

Post by nascar8 »

The Dodge Charger looks almost exactly like the Magnum from the front end. It doesnt look like the old Charger at all in my opinion.
Now I lay me down to sleep, pray the lord my soul to keep, if I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take.
-Metallica-
Breadfan, You got it wrong, Some long time friend's gonna lose it in the end who's a fool
-Metallica-
Da Big Kahuna
bitPlaya'

Post by Da Big Kahuna »

nascar8 wrote:The Dodge Charger looks almost exactly like the Magnum from the front end. It doesnt look like the old Charger at all in my opinion.

That's the main reason why I don't like it ! No resemblance at all to the old one! :o
Big Dings Are Hapnin !
Aaron
bitPlaya'

Post by Aaron »

mmmm Challenger... *drool*

Youu guys seen the Aussie Chargers from the 1970s?
clxfiles wrote:Hopefully they'll stick with the concept and do a better job with the Challenger.