I think ZZ SE's are gonna be history soon...

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

The video’s make them look interesting.

Noticed that the web page now refers to “licensed cars” might have been there before but I don't remember seeing it.

Would like to know the exact size.
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

Typical,

Just when I've given up on 1:64 scale RC, somebody makes it look fun again.

The on track charger is a cool idea: now racers have real "Pit time" to deal with--i.e., will your car make it to the Pit on it's current charge? Maybe there could be a time penalty if you have to pick up your car and place it on the charging station.

Oh well. Too much money spent on RC for me now--I'm sticking with XMODS. Besides, I've already started thinking about building a track that's on scale with XMODS--switching gears has already gotten expensive.

Later dudes, :)

Schmoke that cheeb, boys. :cool:

Love doc
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

I reccon they wont hit the USA because of the frequency issue (27,40,49).

Costs, well buying FOB (for like a container full (probably about 800 peices)) is $67USD - that gets you, 2 cars, track system, digital timer (beam type set under the track).

They are on sale in the UK (but not found out where yet). Cars can be bought seperately for £14.99 (non licensed) and £24.99 (licensed - ferrari). Track and car set will retail for about £120.

I'll try and get my hands on one and let you know what they are like.

Cheers

TB
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

these are for sale in Australia now from Big W - They are advertising the racing set (2 x Cars + track) for AUD$97 (around $70US). thats gotta hurt. :(

Will try and get in to Big W tommorow and check if they have individual cars for sale, 'cos there is no way the minister for war & finance (my lady) will let me spend a ton on some toys. :hurt:
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

45tr0 wrote:these are for sale in Australia now from Big W - They are advertising the racing set (2 x Cars + track) for AUD$97 (around $70US). thats gotta hurt. :(

Will try and get in to Big W tommorow and check if they have individual cars for sale, 'cos there is no way the minister for war & finance (my lady) will let me spend a ton on some toys. :hurt:
$70 for 2 cars and a track isn't that bad. You'd be into it $50 to buy 2 ZZSEs, so if the track is at all decent it's a reasonable price. Especially if the cars kick ass. Then again, I don't have $70 to spend on it either.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

The wife probably woulden't blow her top over the cars but if I tried to make room for another track she'd flip.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Superfly is right, its not that bad of a value, if everything is good, but I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't be having none of that.

Thats what cool about micros, they're cheap enough, the wife didn't seem to notice how fast they built up. At first anyways, she's on to me now. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:Superfly is right, its not that bad of a value, if everything is good, but I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't be having none of that.

Thats what cool about micros, they're cheap enough, the wife didn't seem to notice how fast they built up. At first anyways, she's on to me now. :lol:
Yeah, my wife just caught a glimpse of my stack of tackle cases that are full (12 cars each) and I saw her eyebrows raise. She knew I was buying a car here and there, but I don't think she had a clue about just how many the cumulative collection is. She probably doesn't know that the dresser that the cases were sitting on is completely full of unopened bits, zips and parts.

Gotta make sure she doesn't see the box with the Mini-Zs and Xmods.
:-D
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

SuperFly wrote:Yeah, my wife just caught a glimpse of my stack of tackle cases that are full (12 cars each) and I saw her eyebrows raise. She knew I was buying a car here and there, but I don't think she had a clue about just how many the cumulative collection is. She probably doesn't know that the dresser that the cases were sitting on is completely full of unopened bits, zips and parts.

Gotta make sure she doesn't see the box with the Mini-Zs and Xmods.
:-D
lol
that's awesome, somebody is in the same boat as me.
I could feel her eyebrow raise. I know that one all too well.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I've got 6 Cases under my bed (ZZ) and 4 large boxes full of un-opened cars & parts (2 w/Bits, 1 w/MS, larger 1 w/clones) plus a few unopened ZZ under the basement steps. They are in plain view when in the computer room, she complains about so much shit under there but doesn't bug me about the cars.
:screwed:
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

damn y'all!
you guys stocking up for the apocalypse?

hell, if i even tried to bring home half that many, me and them would be sleeping under the house. I am a student on part-time wages now though, so i guess she's got a point... :???:

It's a pity she's so into her freaking kung-fu!
man, it sucks when you are 6'4 and 210lb's and still get your arse kicked by your (5'2) lady cos you forgot to do the laundry. :hurt:

Still, might see if i can sneak the set out of my tax return :-D
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
kehern15

Post by kehern15 »

$70!!!!!!!!!! :o

that is a rip off! when i was in thailand over the summer, i saw the x-treck pro, and the price was about 1200 baht, (aprox $27)!!!! i had a choice of buying a super bit char-g or a x-trek pro, but i had never heard of x-treck, so i didnt buy it and i went with the super bit. hmmm....mabye i can get a realative so send one over... :???:
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Thailand kicks ass. :)

Although, $27 for one car doesn't seem like a great deal when you can get 2 and a track for $70. If it was Thailand though, you coulda talked him down. I would guess you could have snagged it from him for $20 or less.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

kehern15 wrote:$70!!!!!!!!!! :o

that is a rip off! when i was in thailand over the summer, i saw the x-treck pro, and the price was about 1200 baht, (aprox $27)!!!! i had a choice of buying a super bit char-g or a x-trek pro, but i had never heard of x-treck, so i didnt buy it and i went with the super bit. hmmm....mabye i can get a realative so send one over... :???:
$27.00 + $27.00 = $54.00 for 2 cars, sooooo $16.00 for a full track?
So $70.00 for 2 cars and a full track don't seem like too much no more huh :???:
:lol:
Unless you're saying $27.00 for 2 cars & track ?
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

I recon that he is not talking about the same thing. I think he has seen the crappy xtrek 1 race set. These are being cleared out at arround the $30 USD mark.

XTrek pros will be sold as:

Cars (no controller)
Car with controller
2 cars/controllers, track and lap counter.

As to pricing, as Yakboy said, the race set is on sale for £99 ($168) in the UK. Cars and controllers about £14.99 (non licensed) and £24.99 for licensed (ferrari + scoubie).

Problem is distribution. I don't think that they have hit the USA yet, but Silverlit have told me they will (no mention of problems with patent!). Good distribution in Germany (biggest market by far for silverlit). Very limited distribution in the UK.

Cheers

TB

ps sorry for starting another thread on Xtrek, genuine mistake - I couldn't even remember that I had already contributed to this thread when I started the other - too much of SG's green me thinks :-D
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com