A Pimp's safety, the Hurricane's damage, and the situations

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Stoli wrote:the only thing that pissed me off was seeing people on TV today SINGING to raise money.?? I mean the idea is great but the average fold don;t have enough to make ends meet let alone help someone else. HOW ABOUT THE MILLIONARE SINGERS DONATE 5-10 MILLION to help out.?????????
Jay-Z and Diddy donated 1 million a peice.

Some others may have donated but anomously because they didn't need the attention.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

BilboBaggins wrote:
Stoli wrote:the only thing that pissed me off was seeing people on TV today SINGING to raise money.?? I mean the idea is great but the average fold don;t have enough to make ends meet let alone help someone else. HOW ABOUT THE MILLIONARE SINGERS DONATE 5-10 MILLION to help out.?????????
Jay-Z and Diddy donated 1 million a peice.

Some others may have donated but anomously because they didn't need the attention.

I'm donating my PRICELESS VOTE!!!

Fuck'em all. If their in office now, they won't be next time. :thebird:
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Now these are some looters.:lol:

http://www.twelvefifteen.com/index.php?art/id:948

I honestly don't like G.W. Bush or any of his ilk...but come on now kanye.

http://thiswebsiterules.com/album_showp ... ic_id=6748

Kanye needs to read payaso's post. :lol:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

This is a perfect example of putting someone in front of a camera who has no clue what they are talking about.
This has nothing to do with black, white or poor. This is a logistics nightmare. It takes time to coordinate a relief effort on this scale.
In Florida, last year we got hit with 4 hurricanes, the people in Orleans are getting support faster then we ever did, and much more of it, and we did not have the flooding problems that are hindering relief to LA.
Quote from that thread. That's my personal train of thought. Bottom line, the US has never faced something like this before. 9/11 was the same sized tragedy, but much more contained and easily accessible. I think that if support was sent out sooner it wouldn't have been nearly enough and then there would have been riots trying to get what you can from the small conveys.

Oh and Kanye is a bumbling idiot w/ blinders on. I hate musicians that think they know it all. Wasn't there a South Park about that? I dunno. Bottom line, What happened in these states was a tragedy, one that I hope we learn from.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

payaso wrote:
mikirgra wrote:Ok, let me throw a few other things out there to stir the pot. You seen the folk on tv that got stuck in NO? Notice anything? Now when a hurricane hits Florida, seems like we get help there pretty quick. A lot of retired white folk live in Florida.
Come on man... You're kidding right? Take a stroll through south west Florida, there are still people doing with out from the 4 hurricanes that hit us last year... It's been over a year for some here with out any help...

You think there are any millionares trapped in the Super Dome?
Let me clarify. While I don't doubt for a second that there are still people hurting in Fla from last year, I'm referring to the initial response from the federal level. Doesn't compare. For some reason, FEMA didn't respond to NO in a timely manner. I don't know when or if we'll ever have the answers.

You make a good point about class, or socio-economic level. The bottom line is that the majority of the people stuck in The Sufferdome and NO in general, were poor and black. Whatever happens now, or in the weeks and months to come, we still have to figure out why we didn't get help there quicker in those first few days after the storm passed.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Easy.
Our government is run by fat, rich, archaic, morons who are concerned only with their own well-being and are too narrow minded and short-sighted to possibley think of anything else that doesn't involve them.

Everything is backroom handshake deals for more fat, rich, morons - not qualified applicants, as we've plainly seen now with the resignation of the FEMA director Michael Brown (Noser).
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

CaboWabo wrote:Easy.
Our government is run by fat, rich, archaic, morons who are concerned only with their own well-being and are too narrow minded and short-sighted to possibley think of anything else that doesn't involve them.

Everything is backroom handshake deals for more fat, rich, morons - not qualified applicants, as we've plainly seen now with the resignation of the FEMA director Michael Brown (Noser).
You're definitely right about Mr. Noser. He was purely a political appointment. Not qualified whatsoever.
codesuidae
bitPlaya'

Post by codesuidae »

CaboWabo wrote:Easy.
I was hanging out with some friends and the angry filmmaker(cool guy, good movies), and I was bitching about government inefficency and pork barrelling. I brought up the idea that computer technology could be used to make government employees more accountable by allowing citizens more ability to track what they are doing and how. For example, I could subscribe to issues that my congressman would be voting on, and when the vote is taken, I would get a notification which way he voted, and a document explaining his research and reasoning behind his vote.

Something more extreme would be to help eliminate excessive pork-barrel projects by adding the ability to pass small issues by direct democracy. Its stupid to have congress passing thousands of little riders with only local impact when they are making decisions on important bills. Its a stupid use of resources.

The general consensus in the room was that its all that inefficency that gives lots of people jobs. They called me an idealist and a couple of them said that they wouldn't have jobs if it weren't for the stupid inefficencies at the hospital where they worked.

Fuckin leeches. Why do we have to have so many stupid people?