WWIII ??? It could be the beginning?!?!?!?!?

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Let's get back on topic. :-o

I wasn't trying to debate or instigate a reason on why things are happening or what logic each religion and/or government has behind their actions.

I'm merely suggesting that we could be on the brink of WWIII.

The reason I brought it up was that I find it absolutely AMAZING that we are watching it on TV!! Think about it...

Prior to Veitnam, you only saw news reels at the movie theaters and/or clips of footage on the nightly news. Then the last invasion of Iraq was unbeleivible!!

Its the coverage I'd like to see discussed more.

Its unprecidented. Even more than the last invasion of Iraq with embeded reporters.

With this conflict/WAR, we are seeing first hand footage via "youtube.com", CNN, and many other video sources.

YOU ARE WATCHING HISTORY!!

When the first Gulf War happened back in 1991, I was in 10th grade. I'm 30 now!! The difference in coverage is astounding!! 1991--2006, 15 years.

Its not that I don't think your points are valid and that the reading of the posts aren't interesting and provacitive. (I personally like the back and forth.) Its that I feel its not going to to accomplish anything. We have a WORLDWIDE membership here with a wide degree of opinions and thoughts.

Let's keep it civil and light-hearted. Espeically with the spelling of different factions. If you are serious about you opinions, please do the least that is expected and spell shit right, or atleast close!! (I don't mean a mistyping. Just total ignorance.)
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:
honda_s2000 wrote:They have speakers that they may play holy muslim music , and prayers through in certain streets in england. They have even had street names changed , billboards removed , its absolutely INSANE. If they dont like our country , then fuck off back to your own , Im quite happy to have anybody from any religeon living peacefully in my home country , but none trying to change shit.
There is no holy music in islam. The "singing" that you hear is the call to prayer (I'm assuming). This is sounded 5 times a day and can't last longer than 5 minutes, will that drive you insane?

If you lived somewhere, where there were what you consider offensive/indecent messages/pictures/advertising wouldn't you take them down?

Maxx
The "singing" that you hear is the call to prayer (I'm assuming). This is sounded 5 times a day and can't last longer than 5 minutes, will that drive you insane?

In my own country , if I lived on that street , Yes it would. :shock:

If you lived somewhere, where there were what you consider offensive/indecent messages/pictures/advertising wouldn't you take them down?

If I was in my own country yes , If it's somebody elses , "Like it or lump it" Or basically , If you dont like it , dont live there.

It's more than simple , If I move to New Zealand like I have , and dont like the fact that sayy , The poster on my street shows women in bikini's (the case in england) and everyone else from new zealand on my street thaught it was ok , It'd be tough luck. But oh no , We are so PC in England , We bend over backwards to help everyone else. Well fuck that ,Im sick of it.
We don't need no god damn roads!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

honda_s2000 wrote:We are so PC in England , We bend over backwards to help everyone else. Well fuck that ,Im sick of it.
Its the same shit in the USA. We tend to cater to idiots and the minority. Thats why there are so many stupid road signs and retarded laws.

Do we really need a law stating thats it illegal to fuck a dead animal? We must of, some jackass did it way back when.

Do your own thing and live by it.

Frank Sinatra--"I did it MY WAY...."
gearboy
bitThug

chase lizards in the dirt...

Post by gearboy »

i agree. i love you guys! :-o
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

the klansmen to heroin dealers comparison is a bad one, we gots plenty of smack dealers down here.

and yeah, english invaders did kill pretty much all of the australian aboriginals (like the eurotrash invaders and the merikan aboriginal). and it still happens (like the eurotrash invaders and the merikan aboriginal), if you really want pics i don't have a problem hunting them down.

alls i'm trying to highlight with my arguments is that no religion promotes war and hatred, people do.

at the root of most religions is the fundamental (golden) rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

so quit the muslim bashing, those nutbags that fly planes into buildings and strap bombs to themselves are not following the muslim teachings in exactly the same way as klansmen are not foloowing christian teachings.
i used to be cool
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

I've been watcing this topic, and yes, i have some fairly strong opinions of my own. This here is basically the short version:

Yes, Hezbollah started the latest conflict with Israel. But Israel’s reaction has been disproportionately aggressive and aimed at Civilians, not Hezbollah or even Lebanese military.

Yes, The situation in the Middle-East has always been volatile. But the interference of foreign agendas only serves to increase hostilities and influence already corrupt systems. The western world has a huge agenda in the Middle East - The US economy (and by relation its allies’ economies) depend on Middle Eastern oil to maintain it’s economic strength.

Islam does not preach violence. Neither does Christianity. Neither does Judaism. But a lot of zealots will use religion as an excuse for their own agenda. I’m sure God is sick of being called down on both sides of an argument.

In any of these conflicts, what we are really talking about isn’t about oil. or about religion or about skin color or ethnicity. It’s about mass ignorance, hatred and fear bred by arrogant political agendas; Governments that hide their own inadequacies and injustice from their own people by inciting them to fear a de-humanized “enemy”.

“It is hard to be cruel once you permit yourself to enter the mind of your victim. Imagining what it is like to be someone other than yourself is at the core of our humanity. It is the essence of compassion and it is the beginning of morality.” – Ian McEwan. Guardian Reporter 15-9-01

SG, back to your question though - I’m interested that we’re looking at the TV coverage and saying that we have more access than ever before. But whose stories are we getting? Certainly not both sides. In the west, we see tanks rolling, distant buildings being hit, we see “brave, fit young patriots defending our freedom”, and if we’re lucky weeping mothers back home as their coffin wheels past draped in the red-white-and-blue. We don’t see the funeral scene in Baghdad as a mother lays her son to rest, or the the pictures of dead civilians piled high in Iraq. (or for that matter in Lebanon, or in Israel.)

Have a look at http://www.assafir.com/iso/israeli-aggression as an example of the sort of thing we don’t see, unless we go looking. Our media outlets feed us a script and for the majority sadly it works, and Islam becomes the enemy, and Muslims become a threat to be feared and not human beings.

John Bonne said it best “No man is an island... any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

(just an aside. I know there are many members here of the Armed Forces, and to you i mean no disrespect. I admire your dedication and commitment to your country. I simply hope one day your role will be rendered obsolete by tolerance and understanding)
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yeah, well put :-o

another thing that's sad, most of us can cruise around our old neighbourhoods and point out our old school, the hospital we were born in, etc.

people that grew up there can point out the crater that used to be the hospital they were born in, etc.

depriving people of their history is a shame :sad:
i used to be cool
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Yes, I agree too. Well put.

Also, as far as the singing five times a day. When I was over there with the Marines, I hated it at first, but I eventually got use to it. In fact I could tell the different voices apart and I actually had favorites. Couldn't tell you what they were saying though. It may have been better that way though. I could tell when they were spouting anti-American stuff. That usually wasn't the regulars spouting that. Whenever I heard an unfamiliar voice, I grabbed an interpreter. Sometimes it was bad, but believe it or not sometimes they praised us. It was strange.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
gearboy
bitThug

its the coverage man...

Post by gearboy »

i follow arab tv newscasts as well as mainstream, and its amazing the people that risk everything to bring the images to tv. if some of these news agencies really used modern tech, we could see some truly amazing stuff. imagine CNN with drones or r/c vehicles with cams. broadcast equipment is a load to hump around, not to mention these guys get wacked all the time now, using tech might save lives as well. something is going to happen in afghanistan soon, but i dont think its as popular with the tv news people, so we might not get good coverage there. damn.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Yes, the media outlets are scripted.

But Myself, and millions of other have access to the internet. More than ever before.

The TV coverage is setting the bar higher and higher all the time, but the internet is really breaking the coverage wide open.

Allthough you got to search for it, it does exsist and is avalible.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

sg219 wrote:Yes, the media outlets are scripted.

But Myself, and millions of other have access to the internet. More than ever before.

The TV coverage is setting the bar higher and higher all the time, but the internet is really breaking the coverage wide open.

Allthough you got to search for it, it does exsist and is avalible.
It's cool that millions of people want to know more and actually do go to the trouble to find it, but the millions more that make up the majority sit at home glued to Fox and think "This is how it is".

I guess the fact that we 'can' access it is true. The problem lies with getting people to understand that the mainstream media is sugarcoated and that they have to go looking for the truth.

Hell, Fox refers to itself as "fair and balanced" reporting! REally? Think they'd let Saddam or Bin Laden give their sides of the story in a half-hour interview?
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

45tr0 wrote: Hell, Fox refers to itself as "fair and balanced" reporting! REally? Think they'd let Saddam or Bin Laden give their sides of the story in a half-hour interview?
:lol:

I can't stand FOX because of two people, that Van Stustren bitch, and O' I'm a tool Reily.

I usually tune into CNN. (I like Erica Hill and Abby Tatton)

Online, it varies. I usually Google and see what comes up and read a bit of each. I usually don't dig too deep, just enough to hear a bit of each opinion. Once you start reading, its pretty obvious which point of veiw the article has.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

I know very little about politics and know less about islamic countries ( being arabic I know I'm bad for not knowing but hey)

I just think the world needs to ralize that religion it what it is. Wether I believe in GOD or JESUS or the bible or nothing at all there is no reason to kill over it or make an issue out of it. People in general need to respect other peoples beliefs and be done with it.

Also heres a novel idea. LET THE PEOPLE FIGHT WHO WANT TO AND KEEP YOUR BIG FUCKING NOSE OUT OF IT. once its over pick up any pieces and move on. America has a big problem trying to deal with shit that is not their business. If there is no direct threat to the US as a whole then fuck off. Stand guard and watch it happen. Prepare for war but leave them alone.

I know some of you will not agree and some will but who stands to gain from the war in Iraq? AMERICANS. Who stands to gain from any of this terrorist shit? AMERICANS. Pretty sick that the people/person responsiable for the allegid terror attacks on 9-11 is not even on the most wanted list anymore.

Again some people will agree and some will not but in the grand scheme who stood to gain ANYTHING from blowing up two big buildings and attacking the Pentegon? Not Canada? Certainly not Iraq? Only the USA.

Again my views are not perfect and they may in some way have no merit but these "wars" are retarded and people need to learn to leave religion at the door when it comes to peace and all that shit. Let people beleive what they want and leave it at that.

The middle east has been fighting with each other for years and it isn;t going to stop anytime soon. No matter what America or anyone else does it is not going to change things. All it will do is make the casualty rate go up and up. more lives lost for nothing.

Theres my two cents. Sorry for the people who do not agree and FUCKING A to the people that do agree.

BTW I love you guys ( cartman LOL )
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

LOL, what do canadians know anyways? Canada has just as much to gain then us americans

CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

All I gotta say is, yea America is fucked up.
But anytime some country is in need, we're the first ones there - with the most help, the most money, whatever.

Not in every single case (it's all strategic in one way or another), but in most cases - we're there ready to help in some fashion.

That's a double edged sword, like I said - there's a reason for us going anywhere. Could be just for international appeal, could be for our own benefit. Could be right, could be wrong.

I'm not disputing any of that, but the fact that as soon as some country is in need, they call on us and we're there.
Then after the fact, America is ridiculed.

How many of our own homeless do we drive, fly, walk past on our way to give some other country aid? A lot. Too many.

But I guess politically, we're supposed to be the "beacon of freedom". So there we are.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.