Kyosho to produce officially licensed NASCAR RC cars

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
arch2b
bitThug

Kyosho to produce officially licensed NASCAR RC cars

Post by arch2b »

We broke this news last night, mini-zracer announcement

December 28, 2006 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: NASCAR, the most popular racing series in the US, has teamed up with Kyosho to produce the only hobby-grade, officially licensed NASCAR RC cars available in the world.

The Kyosho team visited the racing development facilities of many of the top NASCAR racing teams, and even attended NASCAR events, all in an effort to ensure that the bodies include exceptional detail that is unmatched in accuracy and scale.

The Mini-Z i-Series chassis features the same quality chassis construction as the rest of the Mini-Z line-up, which is the standard when it comes to mini RC vehicles. It has independent front suspension with solid axle rear suspension, just like the full-size racecars. Additionally, the electronics feature full digital proportional control, instead of the analog resistor-type controllers so common in cheaper mini-size cars. This means you have fully proportional control of forward, reverse, and steering with digital precision.

The series begins with the 2005 Ford Taurus of Carl Edwards and the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo of Kevin Harvick. The 2005 Taurus represents the car used by Edwards for his first full season of NASCAR NEXTEL Cup racing for Roush Racing, in which he scored four wins and two poles. Harvick's 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo is a replica of the Childress Racing car used to win at Phoenix, Watkins Glen and Richmond, and the same car that won a total of five races and one pole award during the 2006 season.

30792-99B - Carl Edwards '05 Office Depot #99 Ford Taurus

30793-29B - Kevin Harvick '06 Goodwrench #29 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

It almost makes me want to get one.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm not a big fan of Nascar, but if anything is gonna stir up interest in smaller scale RC in the US, that would be it.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
arch2b
bitThug

Post by arch2b »

crazydave wrote:I'm not a big fan of Nascar, but if anything is gonna stir up interest in smaller scale RC in the US, that would be it.
exactly! hook them with the nascar and bring them to the gtc, jgtc, dtm series cars and modding ofcourse :)
arch2b
bitThug

Post by arch2b »

The Mini-Z NASCAR Series is based on the MR-015 MM chassis with the iSeries electronics.

SKU: 30792-99B
Street Price (Approx.): $99.99
Available: Late Feb '07

Technical Data
Chassis MR015MMi
Length 189.0mm
Width 73.4mm
Track(F/R) 68.6
Tyre Size 24.5mm x 10mm
Wheelbase 102mm
Gear Ratio 7.3:1
Battery(notincl.) AAA-Size x 4
Controller (incl.) KT-5i
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

wow, never knew there was an mr-015 MM. Always just thought it was RM and HM. I gots the HM mini coop.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
arch2b
bitThug

Post by arch2b »

the mr-015 has all the same flavors as the mr-02 except for the exclusive hm which i do not hink is avalable for the mr-02.

infact, all the rear end parts are the exact same so ther eis no reason why you could not use a hm with an mr-02 chassis provided you can fit the wheelbase and trackwidth. for example, i have used the vitz with the hm rear end on an mr-02 chassis which helps alot with the stability of the body
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

cool, thanks for the info arch, I always thought MM was strictly mr-02 territory.

cheers.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.