Saddam DEAD...

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sg219
bitPimp

Saddam DEAD...

Post by sg219 »

Not much to say here, but...

Saddam is DEAD.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Also hanged were Saddam's half-brother Barzan Ibrahim and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court.
:-) cya
We don't need no god damn roads!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

didn't take em long, unlike the USA that'll feed, and house em for 20 years before killing em.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

So the war can be over then?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

SuperFly wrote:So the war can be over then?
It could be, if it were about that.....lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Tony.T
bitThug

Post by Tony.T »

And about Ben Laden ? :???:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Ha, the war's not over. I agree with payaso.
I was watching BBC world last night, just after he was hung, and they were interviewing a man just after Sadam was killed, he said that the feeling in Iraq is now worse than when Sadam was in power. The fear factor has gone through the roof. People are now just trying to survive the day, with random bombings and other attacks going on. He said that with Sadam, though it was an evil dictatorship, there wasn't much fear. Everyone knew what lines NOT to cross so there was peace, albeit under an iron fist.

I feel neither here nor there about his death. I feel sorry for him being killed on Eid day, I wouldn't wish that on the worst man.

Now he's dead, I wonder what will happen next :???:
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

The war is over.

The war will now begin.

I'm guessing the civil strife will blow up and it'll be a while before you can say there will be peace.

Three sides (Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis) who haven't been able to work together will have to somehow come to grips that they have no monster to blame now and grow up and work together. But since they follow differing beliefs of Islam can they really work together? Yes on an individual basis people of different beliefs can work together. In large groups it has been done in other countries to varying success but not in the Middle East.

They need a leader who wants to follow a peaceful path and can moderate the differences so all can live with. With the percentages of each group, one of the larger groups could just dominate the smaller Sunnis. Yes, some of the bigger problematic leaders (Saddam, Bin Laden) and terrorists have been said to follow the Sunni doctrine there have also been Shiite problems too (Ask Lebanon and Isreal).

I just don't see this coming to an end anytime soon. If we have troops there or not.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

What's Bush's end game?
He's obviously setting up a situation for someone else, he KNOWS he can't have his way before his tennier is over.

Only time will tell :(
Bit Fan

Post by Bit Fan »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Ha, the war's not over. I agree with payaso.
I was watching BBC world last night, just after he was hung, and they were interviewing a man just after Sadam was killed, he said that the feeling in Iraq is now worse than when Sadam was in power. The fear factor has gone through the roof. People are now just trying to survive the day, with random bombings and other attacks going on. He said that with Sadam, though it was an evil dictatorship, there wasn't much fear. Everyone knew what lines NOT to cross so there was peace, albeit under an iron fist.

I feel neither here nor there about his death. I feel sorry for him being killed on Eid day, I wouldn't wish that on the worst man.

Now he's dead, I wonder what will happen next :???:
I agree with you on everything you have said. I have a hard time suporting the slaying of anybody no matter what they have done, to each there own though.