Check this out...Its the coolest thing ever!

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Check this out...Its the coolest thing ever!

Post by sidewinder »

OK, maybe not the coolest ever...but its right flipping up there!

I may never leave the house again!http://www.virtualrc.com/default.aspx
try the free demo...I swear you'll love it. :-D
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Nice demo.

Although the cars are extremely sensitive to inputs when used with anything but a pistolgrip controller.

I tried out the drifting part of the program with the same setup I use. The only exception is the powerplant I use is electric.

I'm not sure if they have the weight balance programed right or they've given the tires too much grip.. but something is definitely amiss.

You can use this if you want to hook up your own controller.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That looks pretty cool. They have a rc to usb adaptor something like that at the LHS but no one here had used one so I was waiting to see if they work. now I'll have to get one. Thanks.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I thought that was cool, and looked into the that Virtual RC before. I personally think their USB adaptor is a bit over priced, and the program shouldn't cost as much as some RCs, plus there's no off road (yet).

Cool, if you got the money for it, but I'd rather invest my money in another Micro-T.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Tana
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

The thing does work with your radio. My kid has 1 at at 1 time was entering events. He bitched because now you have to buy tracks and at first they gave you 1 for free. Not sure if that track is still available but it was Oslo and all the events he ran were at that track.
Old and retired!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yeah I suppose it can get a little expensive, but I have been limited in what I can do for a while. I was an accident in my truck--nothing big, ice storm, 150ft ledge, the Susquehanna river--well you know, the typical accident. That's what got me into bits...easy to use indoors. anyways, so on the occasions when I'm not as mobile as I used to be this thing is great, but it would be nice if they'd add off road and maybe a dirt oval.