SG219 in local paper!!! (not the police blotter)

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

SHAUN wrote:RCC is not the beginner site. I have seen a lot of people talk crap about my WK at least I built some of the parts I look at their thread and everything is "I ordered this from" or "I had blah blah make this". The flaming on RCC is crazy stupid. I'm serious its worse than pirate4x4, I have asked some totally stupid questions on pirate and not gotten half the crap I do on RCC. Also I saw some one pointed out in another thread on RCC that if your in the right "click" its ok to flame and trash threads. Yet fucking 1badjeepbruiser gave me a infraction for saying asshole, and another for being a smart ass and pointing out that there were over 346 post with the word "asshole" in them. I think I'm done here. sorry for cluttering up your thread SG.
It's cool. At this point, I'm so angry with people over there. Not to mention the one guy that was talkin' shit is in my local crawler group.

I try not to let it bother me, but damn. :-?

I can't even comment in my own thread and I wasn't even the one flaming. I can stick up for myself. Plus the one ass over there indirectly called me a tool. WTF? Then locked my thread.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Sg, I was kidding about the plugging .

Yep. If it was somebody in the "click" that had the same interview, with the same questions asked....... well, the tone of that thead woul;d be completely reversed. Like you said..... unbelievable.
Dangerous Dave
bitHood

Post by Dangerous Dave »

kinda funny reading about all this in a forum where ya get ya throat slit for the slightest misdemeanor lol

at least here everyone's fair game hehe

and if ya stand up with some sense you gain props..

nice little article, all honest and happy like :-o well done mate
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Dangerous Dave wrote:kinda funny reading about all this in a forum where ya get ya throat slit for the slightest misdemeanor lol

at least here everyone's fair game hehe

and if ya stand up with some sense you gain props..

nice little article, all honest and happy like :-o well done mate
Since I've been here, we as a whole have pulled the throttle way back on the throat slicing. :-o

We just don't tolerate BS. Like when someone won't show a chassis for some reason then disappear.

It is an adult oreited site too. So kids usually can't hang.

I know iBjamn. I just wanted to say that, because if another site was in the article about where I learned things, they would have went ape shit!! :lol:

I'm pretty much over it. But it still bugs me that the people are so negative about a positive thing.

Thank you all again! :cool:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Wow, until this thread I thought it was just me thinking that the rcc guys were bastards... I don't normaly like to screw with a site but it might be fun to start asking really stupid questions over there and wacth them give themselves strokes trying to one up each other on the insults...I think Ill go ask them how would I mount a gas motor in a 1/6 nylint. :-D

Give them a day or so and check out 'gas motors?' on their Nylint 1/6 post...
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

That sounds like fun. sidewinder.. :lol:

The one ass that really got to me was Unholy in that thread.

I replied in a new thread with a simple comment.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthre ... post812074

Here is the post. I copied and pasted because it'll probably end up deleted or something.

-------------------------------------------------------------
It's not about the article anymore.

How did you check my builds out?

I haven't posted all of them.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showpost ... stcount=27
Unholy wrote:Nevermind.

I looked at your builds, and you're right...

You haven't really learned much here.
badger wrote:I am glad he didn't mention RCC. He should have mentioned Clod Talk for helping him build that pile on the left with the body two feet off the ground.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showpost ... stcount=31

You haven't seen what I have done at all!

I haven't posted here enough for you to know what I have learned and where from.

You know nothing about my builds or where I have gained my information.

So please don't act like you do.

On top of that, The thing you call a pile of crap has A LOT of parts from vendors HERE!! Please be sure to tell them that their parts are crap.

RC4WD
RCP
FatRocks
JPCustoms
The Kaetwo I was acussed of copying

Tell them their products are crap.

Thanks,

SG219
Last edited by sg219 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

good on yer mate! be sure to snap a pic of the article in print and post it up :-o

golly, them rccrawdads can find a cloud in any silver lining! :lol:
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

betty.k wrote:good on yer mate! be sure to snap a pic of the article in print and post it up :-o

golly, them rccrawdads can find a cloud in any silver lining! :lol:
Thanks Bettyk. :-o

I will get a pic of it. I have a pile of copies of the paper that I need to give to a few people.

I didn't even realize it was online till one of my friends told me to check it out. :?

Its just nice to make the paper for something positive. Plus, it is a pretty large circulation paper in the area because it is free. Its so many places because it list ALL the things happening in Pittsburgh for the week, concerts, meetings, events and more. So a lot of out-of-towners pick it up too.

Its so bitter sweet at this point. But I'm still happy that I have a hobby that I FULLY ENJOY!!!

I got my start HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm VERY proud of that. I have met many friends and dealt with most of them one-on-one and don't look down upon anyone.

One person said in that thread that people have enlarged egos behind the keyboard. I like to think I've always been pretty honest and straight forward.

Thanks!!

:cool:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Dangerous Dave wrote:kinda funny reading about all this in a forum where ya get ya throat slit for the slightest misdemeanor lol
You know we have always had this reputation as hard asses, but it seems to me that we're extremely lenient compared to many forums. My personal rule is to give 2 friendly warnings before I crack down. We rarely ban anyone, instead if after all the warnings people are still refusing to play by our rules, then they get flamed and teased. Compared to someplace like RCC that'll flame you on your first post just because you didn't set your car up just like theirs. Its really easy to get along here. It is an adult oriented forum. So we expect a more mature attitude from people, usually its obvious when we're dealing with kids, but sometimes the adults can be even more childish. Other than that, just post in the proper forum. Post legible post, and we are really strict about early posts not being BS post, because we don't want people to drive up their post count just to get into the trade forums. I believe people here have a lot of positive dealings with other people because of that.

And DD I know you've been a around here, so you're probably not knocking us, but I just felt the need to set the record straight.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Awe, you spelled "motors" wrong it should have been "motars". And some people have been banned from flaming in the nylint section and the fact that people don't check it any more.
1000+ post of BS.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

See Dave? This is why i told you i'm buildng trail rigs to go and walk the traintracks solo getting baked... i have no tolerance for know it all fucks and from what i've seen from our local group just in threads over there i already dislike most(half maybe?) of them without even having to meet them... i did however just buy a $20 star on RCC last night so i can get in on all of the vendors giveaways :lol:

[sarcasm]PS... Mike is a douche for not mentioning ME in his article!!! i'm the one who got him into this shit!!! HE aint shit without ME!!! ME ME ME!!! Waaaaaaah!!![/sarcasm] :-D

Oh... regarding that PM last night(Dave)... i need some quality screws... some shit anodized... and someone to print me a set of high-quality one-off decals and i'm set... lol

postng s a btch for me rght now because my eyboard s fuced agan... lol the and the and the comma eys arent worng LMAO
Last edited by Bird on Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Nice job getting into the local paper for your crawlers!

I like the pic.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Nice one sg219 !!

I just went through the article and here's some of my own thoughts...

1. The questions the reporter asked you were PERFECTLY "normal" questions any non-R/C person would ask...I saw nothing whatsoever demeaning or smartass-ish about it. As a matter of fact, I thought the questions even seemed like you might've put a little spark of interest in him (and when he asked you if you ever thought of actually shooting Anubis, I thought he was just busting your balls a little!).

2. The negative comments you got over at RCC was due to exactly one thing...JEALOUSY. Pure and simple. You got recognition and they didn't, therefore they shall try to put you down and nitpick any detail.

3. I noticed, over at RCC, you got some criticism for being too upfront about money and that would drive people away...I actually agree AND I think you sputtered out way too much technical detail what with "carbon-fiber chassis and bearings" and shit like that. Joe Average has got ZERO clue about all that!...And who the hell gives a shit??!! Why are crawler fanatics so bent on the idea of recruiting people anyway? Does getting into the hobby also require you to become a missionary for the goddamned hobby too? Screw that! The BEST way to sell anything is for people to see how much you LOVE the thing!...Not how well you can school people on the details of it.

I'm going to stop there before I write a book.
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Namuna wrote:2. The negative comments you got over at RCC was due to exactly one thing...JEALOUSY. Pure and simple. You got recognition and they didn't, therefore they shall try to put you down and nitpick any detail.
Absolutely! maybe I'm just a tad jealous too. :-( :lol:

Why are crawler fanatics so bent on the idea of recruiting people anyway?
That's the whole stupid irony of all this, they're not. Shaun hit the nail on the head, because that's what they do over there, they flame the newbs, and I don't completely blame them, the problem is that they get referenced in RC Driver all the time, since JIA is on the editorial staff of the mag now, and there's way too many newbs, then you get older newbs that have been trying to fit in flaming newer newbs to try to fit in. I've seen that start to happen here, that's way I've tried to tone down the flaming.

You should write a book Namuna. On whatever, I'll buy it. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Namuna wrote:3. I noticed, over at RCC, you got some criticism for being too upfront about money and that would drive people away...I actually agree AND I think you sputtered out way too much technical detail what with "carbon-fiber chassis and bearings" and shit like that. Joe Average has got ZERO clue about all that!...And who the hell gives a shit??!! Why are crawler fanatics so bent on the idea of recruiting people anyway? Does getting into the hobby also require you to become a missionary for the goddamned hobby too? Screw that! The BEST way to sell anything is for people to see how much you LOVE the thing!...Not how well you can school people on the details of it.
I don't want to derail SG's victory lap, but I have to respectfully disagree with this. I think knowing the true cost of something up front is a good thing, and let's be honest here, none of us just buy a readyset and call it good. I've known a couple people that I tried to get into r/c, and they see the price of a readyset and say "ok." Then, when they find out they will need to spend that much every other month to keep up with worn/broken parts and the need to upgrade to keep up with everyone else, they bail and leave with a bad taste in their mouth.

Also, the part about carbon fiber, aluminum, bearings, etc. is also a statement about how these aren't something you go buy at ToysRUs for $30, but a sophisticated, engineered, work of art that takes time, expertise and money to assemble.

I agree that focusing on how much fun it is is a great thing, but I think also explaining that it's not an off-the-shelf toy (which one could easily assume without those details) gives credibility to the whole thing.