SG219 in local paper!!! (not the police blotter)

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I don't think the money thing is as big of an issue as people make, because, he does have a grand into it, and it is about him...

... but I got about about $350-375 into my Wheely King, and I'm very happy with it, so it doesn't have to be like that. I think the interviewer just threw that in out of everything that was said, because that's the kind of thing that makes people's eyes pop out and draws interest. They are trying to sell advertising space after all.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I agree with superfly. Throwing a dollar sign out like that to the enterviewer, just shows the readers that you (SG219) aren't some grown man that plays with toys for ages 6 and up. (But we know what the readers don't know. :lol:)

If you think about it, that interview is really no different than those times that any of us has been at a park, when someone takes interest in your RC vehicle, and asks "where can I get one?", "how much can I get one of those for?"
When you tell them the starting price - you always end up stating the estimated costs of all the upgrades and time invested. Then they say "wow. your really into that stuff!"." :shock: "

It doesn't matter what price you spit out. If it's higher than that kids allowance, or higher than the price of that big 1/6th scale rig at wally world and TRUs' that the parents are willing to spend, they either walk away" :( ", or get even more interested. " :???: "
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well allright, i guess this is a discussion now! :lol:

the 3 most common questions i'm asked by bystanders when i take my rc's to the park are (in order of frequency):

how much does it cost?

how fast does it go?

how far can it go?

i can honestly say i have a zz that costs about $160, or about $450+ if i include the tx and charger. i could mention the rtr ultraman microsizer i got on special for $10 but i'd rather tell people about the "costs like platinum" stuff! :smile:
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Discuss away. :-o

Same here. I get questions when I'm out and they are usually the same one's each time.

How much $$$, how fast, and can you jump it.

Where did you buy it? Now how the hell do I break it down to someone in simple terms, where I get the stuff to make a custom crawler? There's a bajillion parts from a bajillion different places. :lol:

I usually tell them its parts from several different trucks, and I make the rest.

If people saw my Bit collection and how much I've spent on Bits alone, the truck would look like I bought it at the thrift store.

Then 1/28th, Xmods, Mini-Z, Iwavers...... :shock:
Dangerous Dave
bitHood

Post by Dangerous Dave »

to tie in other bits in this thread:

I was running my almost-new Iwaver around a carpark today, and this kid (about 14yo) comes up and asks

"COOL, is that a PETROL car?? " :?

Fark it would be funny if that same question was asked here, even I'd flame the living FUCK outta them, regardless of age..

Shows up the article questions as normal and sensible.

As for the stoopid kid, I just turned and dryly said "well what do you reckon..."
PUBE JOOLZ
bitGangsta'

Post by PUBE JOOLZ »

Congrats SG! We're proud of you! :-o
Heeehah!
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

betty.k wrote:well allright, i guess this is a discussion now! :lol:

the 3 most common questions i'm asked by bystanders when i take my rc's to the park are (in order of frequency):

how much does it cost?

how fast does it go?

how far can it go?
They ask the same things about my cars. I tell them and they reply with just: "oh." and walk off. Like they were expecting that you can get them at radioshack for 40 bucks. I mean come on.

I'm planning on making a crawler myself that's going to have a completely new suspension setup that will make the guys at RCC stand up and blink twice. But anyways, enough about that.

Nice Gojng SG, making the paper and all. It's not an everyday occurrence that a hobby such as ours gets published other than an RC specific mag.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Murdoch wrote:
I'm planning on making a crawler myself that's going to have a completely new suspension setup that will make the guys at RCC stand up and blink twice. But anyways, enough about that.[/quote]

Tell me! Really I wanna know.
1000+ post of BS.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

badger wrote:sg219, thanks for not embarrassing RCC in your article.
That there's one of the owners of rcc lol... responding to SG having said he didn't learn about crawlers on rcc...

here's the results of 2.2s at wpac#3 at ohiopyle:

Props :-o
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Thanks for the props. :cool:

Course one it was dry.

Then it rained AGAIN and again...and again... just enough to keep things damp and shitty the rest of the day. NO real down pours, but just enough to iritate you kinda rain/drizzle.

Course 2 was rough on me. It was wet and the MOABS just didn't perform well on the wetness. I slid into a couple of gates and it killed me. Just nipping them, no major takeouts.

However, the guys that did good were running the new Losi Rock Claws. Those tires are down right AWESOME!!

Prior to the comp I asked one of the members who works at a RC shop to bring me a set. So I'll be ready for states this weekend!! No matter what the conditions are. :-o

Its SO much fun competing and putting your truck up against others. Especially when people turn their nose up at the custom parts you make and think they won't work.

Prometheus has a set of custom aluminum SG drive shafts, just like Anubis, and a set of custom made steel SG rear lockouts, which I just had finished a day or so before the comp. Both of which were chuckled at. :thebird:

I'm here to stay and whoop some ASS!!!

I can't wait till this weekend!! Its EASTERN Pa vs. WESTERN Pa for a state title on Eastern's turf this month, then next month, its on our turf!!

We'll take a total average of both comps then crown a state champ!
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Where is it being held for the eastern side? Depending where and when I may have to see one of these events.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

It's going to be at Sam Lewis State Park, near York, Pa.

Here's the info.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79767
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

sg219 wrote:It's going to be at Sam Lewis State Park, near York, Pa.

Here's the info.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79767
A little further than I can make this year. Just beat the tar out of them. Wait, I'm cheering someone from the other side of the state. :-D
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Tana
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

Hay congrats man! This helps everyone involved in rc!
Old and retired!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Thanks!! :cool: